ADVERTISEMENT

Pump the brakes

First,on the Top 25 because it is an unmitigated popularity contest. I will say that Duke will and must not be in it. Also,the chatter here about NET is fun,but it is a sorting criteria and the 6th most significant selection device.Many think it is dispositive.It isn't.The national teams I don't want to play,in order:
Kansas,Houston,Alabama,UCLA and Xavier.All far different styles, all who would present Rutgers with match-up issues.
I am absolutely NOT pumping the brakes.

Pedal to the metal. GO RUTGERS HOOPS!!!!

First,on the Top 25 because it is an unmitigated popularity contest. I will say that Duke will and must not be in it. Also,the chatter here about NET is fun,but it is a sorting criteria and the 6th most significant selection device.Many think it is dispositive.It isn't.The national teams I don't want to play,in order:
Kansas,Houston,Alabama,UCLA and Xavier.All far different styles, all who would present Rutgers with match-up issues.
What are the top 5 "selection devices"?

Braking technology has improved so much over the last few decades and based on recent events I'm taking full advantage by driving the Autostrata on the Turnpike.

We owe Houston

Why is it that every time something good happens someone's always there telling us "hold on now"? Fvck that these are the moments we've been waiting for. Live it up, boast about it and be happy to be a Rutgers fan for once in our lives. Pump the brakes my ass.

@RU848789 I don't think snow is on the short or medium term horizon. Snow tires? AWD? Chains?
I have no idea why anyone would be pumping "breaks," but I would love to know what the top 5 "selection devices" are and I don't think snow has anything to do with either, but I love snow as much as Rutgers sports, ergo, we're now in the Top 25. Does that help?

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Pumping the brakes is so 1975.....we've got antilock brakes these days!

Good point.

Actually, the only time I come close to pumping the brakes in real life is when a guy is tailgating me and I see trouble ahead.

So maybe this IS a good analogy/metaphor for the team. It’s a good way to scare the crap out of the guy behind you, and you have no interest in getting passed by the guy behind you.

I wore my Rutgers hoodie to the Georgia Aquarium. On my way in, someone stopped me to say he doesn't usually like Rutgers, but today... and he gave me a fist bump. I suspect our winning team had something to do with that.

I'm not pumping my brakes. We are ranked, we play the best defense I've ever seen us play, we have great chemistry, and multiple guys capable of stepping up and having big games on O. I'm enjoying this run and can't wait to see how far this team will take us on a ride.

Not buying anything you're selling here. Enjoying every goddamn minute of the opportunities this team is getting. UPSTREAM! Ain't no brakes on the river we're riding.

I’m slamming on the gas.

The dance is not everything. If we finish in 1st place (even tied for 1st) or win the B1G tournament, it will be our best or 2nd best season ever, even if we lost to a 14 seed in the first round of the dance. If instead we go 13-7 and don’t win any games in March, it will be another year of achieving the previously unprecedented.

And we don’t have to match up with Kansas or Bama to do any of these things. I’m not pumping the brakes.

Not pumping brakes…. But more like this:
Dog Car GIF

• Haha
Reactions: FastMJ and Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT