ADVERTISEMENT

Football QB Noah Vedral commits to Rutgers

Kid showed more in the first quarter than any of our QBs showed for the past few years. Has to take care of the ball better, though.

Kid showed more in the first quarter than any of our QBs showed for the past few years. Has to take care of the ball better, though.
I agree with your assessment overall. He looks like the real deal. But I only see two fumbles (and no interceptions) last year (admittedly in limited action). One of the fumbles should have been ruled a forward pass, and on the other, he was injured. Were there more than that? (You're not the first person to mention fumbling, but it didn't seem bad to me.)

How does he compare to the whizbang you brought in last season? Kid from SMU or someplace

Welcome to the Banks Noah!

Does this move indicate that Gleeson is planning to run a spread instead of a pro style offense? That is where Noah’s skills are a better fit. And he has two years remaining so this is not a short term move for RU.

Sit probably isn’t too happy with this roster move. But after he quit on his teammates last season he doesn’t deserve to be an incumbent starter. Also will be surprised if Sit can run a no huddle offense where the QB needs to run with the ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow
Reactions: rubigtimenow

I guess I’m saying if you design routes like Dodd was throwing, Vedral will get the ball there.
I doubt Dodd could throw it over 55 yards but he got the ball out and let guys go get it.

Dodd looked great that night.
We had some real quality WRs back then : Deering, Sanu, Harrison.

QB has been an issue at Rutgers for most of the last 30 yrs. more the merrier, competition is good.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Noah comes from a very athletic family. His Dad and many uncles all played football at Nebraska. He was an all-State basketball player in Nebraska’s third largest class. He’s very smart on the field. He just couldn’t beat out Adrian Martinez and they are too close in age for him to stay at Nebraska. He’s well respected here and I’m excited for him. Many at Nebraska didn’t want him to leave.

Here is his best game as a Husker.

Watch this game!!! This was no fluke game. This guy does it all!! He's very athletic, fast, very good arm strength, great in the huddle, hangs in under pressure, no happy feet, sees the field. On a fumble where he is knocked to the ground, he gets up and runs the scoop and score guy down from behind. Wow. Unless he gets hurt, he's our starter and its not even close.

Reactions: SkilletHead2
Welcome to the Banks Noah!

Does this move indicate that Gleeson is planning to run a spread instead of a pro style offense? That is where Noah’s skills are a better fit. And he has two years remaining so this is not a short term move for RU.

Sit probably isn’t too happy with this roster move. But after he quit on his teammates last season he doesn’t deserve to be an incumbent starter. Also will be surprised if Sit can run a no huddle offense where the QB needs to run with the ball.

After the last few years performance, NO ONE, deserves to be an incumbent starter!

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Does anyone transfer to sit on the bench? Of course he is coming here to become the starter and should be..

it’s stating the obvious but it’s more like he choose this program because he’ll start from the get because of the lack of comp. He could be right but Art needs to be ready to fight for playing time and elevate his game. Offense has been downright putrid the last few years and most of it falls on qb play or lack there of.

GO RU

I can certainly say that the QB room looks much different now than it did last year. And if Art ends up the starter, it will mean he stepped it up in a big way and I could get excited to see that. But he now has his work cut out for him

If it’s true that we are running a no huddle offense where the QB needs to run and throw then why is Art even a contender to start at QB?

I can see some Offensive packages for Art, mostly from a pro style offense, but can’t see him as an every down QB unless Vedral gets hurt.

My gut tells me that Vedral is our starter the next 2 seasons until our future QB arrives on the Banks.

RU fans once again need to be patient. Sound familiar, ha!

If it’s true that we are running a no huddle offense where the QB needs to run and throw then why is Art even a contender to start at QB?

I can see some Offensive packages for Art, mostly from a pro style offense, but can’t see him as an every down QB unless Vedral gets hurt.

My gut tells me that Vedral is our starter the next 2 seasons until our future QB arrives on the Banks.

RU fans once again need to be patient. Sound familiar, ha!
The interesting thing with Art is that I remember people saying he has the ability to run. Not as a weapon but able to make plays with his feet. And maybe, he ends up better not trying to set in the pocket. I never saw him comfortable in a pocket at any time

The interesting thing with Art is that I remember people saying he has the ability to run. Not as a weapon but able to make plays with his feet. And maybe, he ends up better not trying to set in the pocket. I never saw him comfortable in a pocket at any time
He wasn't good at running to buy time either. He was kind of clumsy running to find space to throw.

it’s stating the obvious but it’s more like he choose this program because he’ll start from the get because of the lack of comp. He could be right but Art needs to be ready to fight for playing time and elevate his game. Offense has been downright putrid the last few years and most of it falls on qb play or lack there of.

GO RU
The Art ship has sailed. Too many people still love him when he was in high school before he was benched. Like Ash in interviews he was supposidly great in practice. Time to turn the page.

Reactions: Wolv RU
The Art ship has sailed. Too many people still love him when he was in high school before he was benched. Like Ash in interviews he was supposidly great in practice. Time to turn the page.

I don’t disagree. In my opinion if I had a teammate that quit on the team in the middle of season I would have a difficult time respecting. Especially in a leadership position like qb.

I don’t fault Art completely. Ash had a team culture where team leaders were flying the coop left and right. That was a telling sign in itself.

Art needs to compete and give his best and let the chips fall where they may.

GO RU

QB recruits in college football wash out all the time. That is why so many transfer. There is no need to cling to a guy who last showed glimpses of talent as a starting qb in the 2016 football season. That is a lifetime ago in college football.

He wasn't good at running to buy time either. He was kind of clumsy running to find space to throw.
I don't disagree at all...And then again, Nova looked pretty damn clumsy on his feet until his Senior season. Though, I don't see how Art fits into the current system.

axwthrowing.jpg

Like I implied when interest in Vedral was first revealed, all QB threads are really Gleeson threads. Whether he's a big fundamentals of QBing rehab guy like Friedgen was or just a brilliant scheme matcher to personnel, it's ALL about Gleeson.
With how smart this kid is, I can't help but think he sees a chance to do much of what he did at Princeton, but with (hopefully) more talent at the other skill positions, too.

He gets one last chance under Gleeson. Let’s see what he does. If he does not work out he has to go the FCS route...no chance at a P5 program if this season doesn’t pan out.
Our hopes our then with Transfers Powell or Verdal or Frosh Simon from PA.
Our options are much better than the last 3 seasons at QB.

He gets one last chance under Gleeson. Let’s see what he does. If he does not work out he has to go the FCS route...no chance at a P5 program if this season doesn’t pan out.
Our hopes our then with Transfers Powell or Verdal or Frosh Simon from PA.
Our options are much better than the last 3 seasons at QB.
They all going to get a chance. Simply the best guy starts. They certainly shouldn't give the opinion that it is Art's job to lose.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
I can't say if Noah will be the best of the bunch, but so far that bunch hasn't shown anything to make me think Noah can't be top dog.
Sit played well on occasion, but was a disaster other times.
Snyder might step up, but no one knows if he can .
Simon is a true freshman, so can't count on him
Powell is an unknown because most programs weren't interested in him as a QB.
No sure of his 2020 eligibility, but think Schiano probably promised him a fair shot at QB before any thought of another position.

Welcome to Noah. I hope he or Powell can win the job, unless Snyder or Simon shows they are the future. Not sure why Art stayed, TBH. It's like when Laviano stayed, despite going with an offense which basically required a QB to run to be effective.

I like that GS & Gleeson have done all they can to revamp the QB situation. We'll need as many options as possible, considering the porous nature of the OL. We went into last season with a seemingly decent transfer QB whose injury basically threw the offense for a loop. It will be interesting to see how much leash GS gives Gleeson & the QB's. I hope we'll see QB's rotate as needed, as I don't see any 'franchise' QB's on the roster that demands being force-fed.

I can certainly say that the QB room looks much different now than it did last year. And if Art ends up the starter, it will mean he stepped it up in a big way and I could get excited to see that. But he now has his work cut out for him
I agree but at this time last year I think we could say the same thing. I thought Art played well in his 4 games last year. He already took a big step forward. I just don’t know if his style with the supporting cast against our competition is our best option. I’m not saying Vedral or Johnny Football are either. It’s going to be who can move the ball and I can see it changing during the year.

Welcome to Noah. I hope he or Powell can win the job, unless Snyder or Simon shows they are the future. Not sure why Art stayed, TBH. It's like when Laviano stayed, despite going with an offense which basically required a QB to run to be effective.

I like that GS & Gleeson have done all they can to revamp the QB situation. We'll need as many options as possible, considering the porous nature of the OL. We went into last season with a seemingly decent transfer QB whose injury basically threw the offense for a loop. It will be interesting to see how much leash GS gives Gleeson & the QB's. I hope we'll see QB's rotate as needed, as I don't see any 'franchise' QB's on the roster that demands being force-fed.

Agree. Greg and Gleason are trying to match our offensive capabilities with an appropriate offense. Vedral gives us the option to run the no huddle, something that the others are unlikely to be able to do.

I don’t see a major role for Art unless Vedral gets hurt. Exactly the scenario we saw last year with Carter last season. Art appears to me to be a backup the rest of the time he’s at RU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT