ADVERTISEMENT

Quote from Notre Dame fan

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
Regarding hire/coach. Was on Boneyard, and she/he is well known, and respected poster. Name is "Dillon."

Now, even an ND alum and observer can say, that's a surprise.

"It's not as if I think Coach Q can't do a good job: she started off well at Penn State, but then had an inexorable slide to the mediocre state of things. Interestingly, she had an ok last two years of recruiting (Lauren Ebo -- ironically, now at ND for a grad year -- and Karima Ortiz, former HS teammate of Haley Jones among them. But she wasn't around to coach them.
However, she hasn't been ND's top recruiter (that role is probably split between Coach Ivey and Michaela Mabrey), so I don't know how well she knows the current scene in Jersey. And there's a lot to learn. It will be essential for her to keep/bring in folks that know the state and will make connections to key high school and AAU programs."

Reactions: 1coastalknight
not a ringing endorsement
Subsequent to his remark, someone that follows State Penn pointed out that they did a fair amount of NJ recruiting when she was there, so she probably has contacts.

Just as she wasn't ND's lead recruiter - she better not be Rutgers lead recruiter. It really shouldn't be the head coach, Niele Ivey's involvement at ND is undoubtedly because she "was" the recruiter under Muffet.

He is only pointing out the obvious - things went well for her at Penn State, and then it didn't. I never heard why. I don't think she is a horrible choice - but it will be interesting to see how she progresses.

Subsequent to his remark, someone that follows State Penn pointed out that they did a fair amount of NJ recruiting when she was there, so she probably has contacts.

Just as she wasn't ND's lead recruiter - she better not be Rutgers lead recruiter. It really shouldn't be the head coach, Niele Ivey's involvement at ND is undoubtedly because she "was" the recruiter under Muffet.

He is only pointing out the obvious - things went well for her at Penn State, and then it didn't. I never heard why. I don't think she is a horrible choice - but it will be interesting to see how she progresses.
As for me, trying to take a positive approach because I feel Hobbs had a limited choice of candidates that would take the position and all on the A list either turned the job down or demanded more than Hobbs was willing to give.
So the B list was used and Washington was chosen .
Hopefully Coquese brings in an assistant that is a grade A recruiter and fills her staff with good coaching talent destined for their own HC positions in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT