ADVERTISEMENT

Reminder: B1G MLAX Tourney: RU vs. Hopkins 8:00 Thursday on BTN

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
Lots of storylines with this one. Should be a fun. One thing is for certain, we better not get hosed by the notoriously homer Hopkins refs.

Go get it men!

Yes big game.
As most of the LAX boards i read don't give us a chance for NCAA unless beat Hop, even then need some help in the other conference tournys. Don't really think that will get hosed as BIG officials will be working the game, but will see.
Game is on BTN & BTN2Go tomorrow.

Lots of storylines with this one. Should be a fun. One thing is for certain, we better not get hosed by the notoriously homer Hopkins refs.

Go get it men!

Wouldn't the officials be assigned by the B1G for tournament play?

I am sure they will be, but there have been a lot of questionable calls on that field going back forever. That hasn't changed since they have entered the B1G. Lacrosse is a small world and the officiating at this level is even smaller. Yet smaller is the B1G officiating pool.

It's a concern, no doubt.

As for the tourney, let's see what the people that matter say if/when we beat Hop. I doubt there are at large teams with our record and what would be two top twenty wins and two top ten wins.

And let's not forget, the B1G was a 3 team league last year, so there is a precedent.

http://laxmagazine.com/college_men/...tology_setting_the_stage_for_selection_sunday

Latest Bracketology has us in the group of 4 just left out.

This is my stab at what I think we need to happen with a win over Hopkins today, should we not win the B1G tournament:

- losses by Marquette, PSU and Stony Brook today
- Albany, Towson , Bryant and Brown or Yale winning their respective tournaments this weekend.

Most of the tourney semis are today, you can see schedule / scores Here:

http://laxmagazine.com/college_men/DI/composite?d=2016-05-05

Reactions: Local Shill
Some of you may be interested in knowing that the Women are playing at Noon today and it is on the BTN network. Both teams are playing in tournament . Would love to see some upsets. A good tournament run by both clubs could change the recruiting in this lacrosse rich area.

This game is the most important game for the program in at least a decade. A win and RU is probably one of the "Last 4" teams into the tournament. A loss and they're out.

On the ref front, this is the equivalent of playing football against Notre Dame in South Bend. Also, though I'm not sure it exists any more, there used to be a "Southern Ref" (Baltimore down through Chapel Hill) issue for northern teams. Beware.

I hope the kids come out playing loose and fast. We have had slow starts the last couple of games. Need to get out strong.

As always, we need to make saves and win faceoffs. We can't let Ryan Brown get his hands free for shots. That dude is absolutely lethal. Hopkins has a very suspect clearing game. That plays well into our unsettled fastbreak offense. We need to take advantage of that. Though we lost, we played well there last year. I expect a good game.

Anyone going to be there tonight? Might make the trip to Homewood to cheer on the Scarlet.

Weather in Maryland today is cool and damp, not sure if the rain will pick up in the evening. Does a wet field plays to either side's advantage?

Tied up 6-6 at the half. Honestly this does not look like a team that is 5-11. Lots of ranked losses, however, some bad ones in there as well.

Reactions: Local Shill
Don't forget the Women's Team is playing OSU right now in the B1G tournament.

I won't post the score until it is over (Don't want to Jinx)

Ladies are up 10 8 with 4:40 to go according to an online stat tracker from scarletknights.com!

Ties at 10-10 thanks to back-to-back TO's while trying to stall up 10-8. Com'on girls get this last one and the "W"!

Husky, there is no such thing as a jinx. Especially over guys posting on an anonymous message board. If we had those sorts of powers, we'd be doing other things in life, like winning the lottery every day.

It ain't guys named Trumpet. It is the girls on the field throwing the ball away.

Turnovers in every sport will kill you. Never knew why we always got yelled at so much for it in school until I started watching a lot of games.

Reactions: RUMountie
We turn it over AGAIN after winning the ball off the face-off at 10-10. Now I know the problem with the team this year: we are a freakin' turnover machine. 23 already and most have been unforced. We have now given up 4 goals off unforced TO's, up 8-6 and up 10-10, to force this game to go down to the wire.

RU ball with :18 to go!

I knew someone would complain if we did not keep the lead. As if me typing a message as any impact whatsoever on what two teams do on a playing field several states away.

Sheesh.

By the same "logic", we should not post any news of verbal commitments because the recruiting "game" is still being played until signing day.

Husky, there is no such thing as a jinx. Especially over guys posting on an anonymous message board. If we had those sorts of powers, we'd be doing other things in life, like winning the lottery every day.

It ain't guys named Trumpet. It is the girls on the field throwing the ball away.

Turnovers in every sport will kill you. Never knew why we always got yelled at so much for it in school until I started watching a lot of games.
Sorry, don't believe that for a moment. You played organized ball and know better than that.

Husky posts that a lot. I just don't get it. As if it is remotely possible.

If so, I'd be posting every time we are losing that the other team is winning. Then we'd win.

This is stupid.

Husky posts that a lot. I just don't get it. As if it is remotely possible.

If so, I'd be posting every time we are losing that the other team is winning. Then we'd win.

This is stupid.
you really don't understand; karma knows when you are fuc*ing with it

Btw, there is something wrong about wearing winter jackets in May and the sidelines are in winter gear.

And oh, the women's game needs a shot clock even more than the men.

You can't allow a team to just pass the ball around for minutes at a time. At some point, the d gets tired and you score. And it's boring as hell.

Reactions: RUMountie
Our girls are very, very careless with the ball. I don't know much about this team, but I guarantee Nuts is right.

I bet their turnover margin is horrific.

Btw, there is something wrong about wearing winter jackets in May and the sidelines are in winter gear.

Pretty sure the everything east of the Mississippi has been "cool" the past week. We've been mired in miserable weather. IIRC the spring/summer after the El Nino summer tends to be a cooler/damper one and that's what it's starting to look like now.

That being said I think they're playing on Lake Michigan (essentially).

And we won even though I posted we were winning, Jinx, shminx!
That was because of my intervention. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:Next time just heed Scarlet Scourge and please stay away from tonight's game.

That was because of my intervention. Next

That was because of my intervention. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:Next time just heed Scarlet Scourge and please stay away from tonight's game.

Thanks for your counter jinx, that did the trick. :joy:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT