ADVERTISEMENT

Rider vs Purdue Match

njsportsphan

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2021
A couple observations:

- Rider 125 looks like he'll be tough. Lost to Shroder 3-2. I thought I heard the announcers say it was his first match.

- Kinner blew a lead and lost in OT

- Reitsma looked good in his debut, but fell to Nijenhuis who is bumping up from 165. Lost 3-2.

- Correnti got physically manhandled by
Penola in a rematch from two years ago. Score was 7-2.

If there is a nemesis to RU wrestling over the past few seasons, I'd say Penola is it. Looking forward to seeing him vs. Bulsak.

- 2021 NJ State Champ, David Szuba just learned what college wrestling is all about. He came off the whistle like a piston, but later got pinned via spladle!

Rider wrestled tough, but looked over-matched throughout the day. Conditioning looked poor. Purdue wrestled Drexel earlier in the day.

Final Score: Purdue- 33 Rider - 3

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow
Did Klinsky wrestle for Rider at 125? That kid was one of the hardest working wrestlers I’ve ever in NJ high school.

Reactions: njsportsphan
my take of Rider match

*No Coaching staff in America cries more during match and charges the mat then Rider (and its not the head coach as much as his meathead assistants)..Its pathetic

*They were so out of shape. but it is early in season (they definitely have talent)...Hangey throwing out a block at end of Kinner match because he was so gassed was weak

* Correnti has just gone backwards since his freshman year at Rutgers when he was a NCAA Qualifier...Looks like he has no idea what a weight room is...good frame but no muscle

Last edited:
Reactions: njsportsphan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT