ADVERTISEMENT

RU +10.5 vs. Nebraska

Groz

All Conference
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2001
Getting 10.5 AT HOME against the 8th place(I realize Nebraska is actually better than that, but that is where they are) team in the league! That says it all. What a disgrace.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Reactions: Scangg
are any key guys out for RU, they need to bring the same recipe they beat OSU with. Hopefully Nebraska sneaks into the top 25 today and pumps these guys up for another upset!

I honestly don't see it being close with the way we have been playing. Nebraska can score and I don't think we can hang. Obviously I want us to win but not seeing it tonight.

Reactions: shields and RUsojo
are any key guys out for RU, they need to bring the same recipe they beat OSU with. Hopefully Nebraska sneaks into the top 25 today and pumps these guys up for another upset!

Our leading scorer and rebounder Eugene Omoruyi has been out for the past 4 games, and will miss tonight as well.

Reactions: BigEAST89
Roby and Copeland going against Issa and possibly Harper is a tough assignment.

The Huskers really play 7 kids. They defend very well across the board but might be exploited on the glass at times.

Carter or Doorson are going to get pulled away from the basket and will be asked to get back in transition if we miss.

Watson on Baker/McConnell will be very tough as well.

Mathis should be able to get Thomas Allen in foul trouble which may force Watson to trt and harass him, leaving Allen on Baker. Palmer on Mathis would be an interesting 5th year senior vs true frosh matchup at SG.

Only path to winning is Baker and Harper combining for 7 to 8 3s and Carter getting 15 and 10 and staying out of foul trouble. Game has to be kept in high 50s to low 60s.

Nebraska probably a tourney team. Tough tough league. Maybe travel and cold work to our advantage.

Roby and Copeland going against Issa and possibly Harper is a tough assignment.

The Huskers really play 7 kids. They defend very well across the board but might be exploited on the glass at times.

Carter or Doorson are going to get pulled away from the basket and will be asked to get back in transition if we miss.

Watson on Baker/McConnell will be very tough as well.

Mathis should be able to get Thomas Allen in foul trouble which may force Watson to trt and harass him, leaving Allen on Baker. Palmer on Mathis would be an interesting 5th year senior vs true frosh matchup at SG.

Only path to winning is Baker and Harper combining for 7 to 8 3s and Carter getting 15 and 10 and staying out of foul trouble. Game has to be kept in high 50s to low 60s.

Nebraska will play 9 kids tonight(and every night). The rotation was down to 7 because Amir Harris was out with mono and he is back to 100% now and Brady Heiman was battling an undisclosed injury but is a go now.

Roby will pull his defender away from the basket and either take the 3 or can put the ball on the floor. As stated in one of the threads he can be somewhat of an enigma every now and again. If he is into the game he is a very difficult matchup for any team. Like I said earlier he will shoot from outside or take you to the basket and is very good at dishing the ball if you slide someone to help on defense. Copeland and him work good together doing this because Copeland is also a tough matchup being 6'9" and can spot up or move away from the ball for dump downs when his man switches for help defense.

Allen has been good at staying out of foul trouble but if he would Amir Harris(6'6") will spell him. He is the best defender on the team but isn't a huge offensive threat unless it's picking up scraps. When Harris comes in they will sometimes bring Nana Aketon(6'6") with him. He is probably the best pure shooter on the team and is very active at crashing the boards for scraps and also has seemed to be more comfortable now driving with the ball.

Defensively they will stay in man unless(when) somebody get's into foul trouble. They will occasionally run a 1-3-1 that puts Palmer up top with Copeland and Roby on the outsides with Tanner Borchardt(6'8") to clog up the lane and have Watson, Allen, Harris, or Aketon running the baseline. Borcdhardt is a widebody that is going to be very physical. He is for defense and rebounding but is sneaky around the basket to get chippies. Brady Heiman(6'11") is kind of a skinny freshmen that will play limited minutes if/when Roby and Borchardt get into foul trouble or if the pace of the game is very fast just to give guys a blow. He is a back to the basket 8' and in offensive player that knows how to position himself for rebounds and trash baskets. If the pace of play is slower than what they prefer they will run a trapping press to speed things up some. Whether it is the
press, or when in the 1-3-1, they are very long and traps are tough on anybody.

If NU plays like it did against Indiana on the road last Monday then I think they will control the game throughout. If they play like they did against MSU(especially offensively) it's anybodies guess. They have been following games where they layed and egg(MSU) to play really well and focused the next game whether home or away. They are an "old" team so any crowd or the fact they are on the road will have no effect on them. They know this is a game they must have.

Just some pointless info.

Nebraska will play 9 kids tonight(and every night). The rotation was down to 7 because Amir Harris was out with mono and he is back to 100% now and Brady Heiman was battling an undisclosed injury but is a go now.

Roby will pull his defender away from the basket and either take the 3 or can put the ball on the floor. As stated in one of the threads he can be somewhat of an enigma every now and again. If he is into the game he is a very difficult matchup for any team. Like I said earlier he will shoot from outside or take you to the basket and is very good at dishing the ball if you slide someone to help on defense. Copeland and him work good together doing this because Copeland is also a tough matchup being 6'9" and can spot up or move away from the ball for dump downs when his man switches for help defense.

Allen has been good at staying out of foul trouble but if he would Amir Harris(6'6") will spell him. He is the best defender on the team but isn't a huge offensive threat unless it's picking up scraps. When Harris comes in they will sometimes bring Nana Aketon(6'6") with him. He is probably the best pure shooter on the team and is very active at crashing the boards for scraps and also has seemed to be more comfortable now driving with the ball.

Defensively they will stay in man unless(when) somebody get's into foul trouble. They will occasionally run a 1-3-1 that puts Palmer up top with Copeland and Roby on the outsides with Tanner Borchardt(6'8") to clog up the lane and have Watson, Allen, Harris, or Aketon running the baseline. Borcdhardt is a widebody that is going to be very physical. He is for defense and rebounding but is sneaky around the basket to get chippies. Brady Heiman(6'11") is kind of a skinny freshmen that will play limited minutes if/when Roby and Borchardt get into foul trouble or if the pace of the game is very fast just to give guys a blow. He is a back to the basket 8' and in offensive player that knows how to position himself for rebounds and trash baskets. If the pace of play is slower than what they prefer they will run a trapping press to speed things up some. Whether it is the
press, or when in the 1-3-1, they are very long and traps are tough on anybody.

If NU plays like it did against Indiana on the road last Monday then I think they will control the game throughout. If they play like they did against MSU(especially offensively) it's anybodies guess. They have been following games where they layed and egg(MSU) to play really well and focused the next game whether home or away. They are an "old" team so any crowd or the fact they are on the road will have no effect on them. They know this is a game they must have.

Just some pointless info.
Yada, yada, yada.

Here's the Rutgers break down. We can't put the orange round thingy through that metal rim thingy. Hell we even have trouble just hitting that metal rim thingy a lot. :)

---
a little too complicated for me.....could you dumb it down a bit?
I think he meant RU has no one capable of putting an orange sphere through an orange ring. :) But "thingy" might work too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

P.S. I know you both were joking. It was a good one by koleszar for sure!

The path to winning is Nebraska laying a big egg. It happens from time to time so hoping tonight is one of those nights where they cannot shoot straight

Not if we shoot 40%+ from 3 and 70%+ from FT and defenmd and rebound like we are capable. Rooting for the egg though

I think he meant RU has no one capable of putting an orange sphere through an orange ring. :) But "thingy" might work too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

P.S. I know you both were joking. It was a good one by koleszar for sure!

They were joking?

Reactions: RUDutch
Getting 10.5 AT HOME against the 8th place(I realize Nebraska is actually better than that, but that is where they are) team in the league! That says it all. What a disgrace.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Rutgers winning by 7 may say more than the spread, but I’m strange like that.

Reactions: PaKnight
As our good friend @BigEastPhil said following last night's game, "This team is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." [laughing]

That statement is the truth. Spin the wheel, you never know how Rutgers is going to play or how the games are going to turn out.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT