ADVERTISEMENT

RU Commits & HS Season Discussion Thread

My guess is Poz will be the first match as they’ll probably conclude with O’Neil and Reitsma. It’s a shame Ventresca got upset because Mougalian/Santaniello, Klinsky/Dunnigan, Peterson/Santaniello, Ventresca/Howard would have been such a sick way to end this season.

His ankle pick is dirty.

I'm not into wrestling as much as I should. But is the ankle pick a normal move or something that only the special ones can pull off like it was nothing? Kid used that move over and over with ease. You'd think the opponent would know to counter that.

Guess it’s not a secret anymore. De Santis is the Shore Conference middle weight I had been alluding to the last few weeks. Ended up taking 7th. I guess he’s a commit now.

Szuba down 7-3 hits a 4 point headlock with 10 seconds left. Tries riding out Cosgrove from referees position and gets called with a 2nd stall for no reason. What a garbage decision from the referee. That’s an embarrassment.

Holy crap, what an abomination at the end of the Cosgrove and Szuba match. Calling a stall with 3 seconds left when he had the other guy on his back right before that? Wow, these refs are garbage.

It should have been 7-7 and going to SV.

In 10 seconds??
Restart at 10 seconds left. Ended up clinging to Cosgroves leg with about 6-7 seconds left. Ref throws up a 2nd stall on Cosgrove. Szuba up 8-7. Camden coaches go nuts. Ref goes to table and switches the stall to Szuba. Score changes to 8-7 Cosgrove with 3 seconds left.

I guarantee both wrestlers and coaches would have agreed to SV at 7-7. Horrendous officiating.

Jacob who has been as dominant as anyone in the state this year gets pretty beat up by Casale who some here have speculated could be a Rutgers kid

Can’t tell you the last time a freshman won states at heavy. Mullen is another guy people here have speculated as being a Rutgers recruit. Hopefully the coaching staff gets in his ear about why Alvarez is doing at Rutgers.

Reactions: MS-RU
I don't think Mougalian got the two before the time expired. They really need replay/reviews in this type of situation.

Mougalian Beats Santaniello with a take down with 1 second left. Thought he had a crotch lock. Another questionable last second call costs a second Brick Memorial wrestler in the state finals.

Klinsky beats Dunnigan. 169 career wins which I believe is one short of the state record set by Ashnault. He and Reitsma will be teammates at Rider next year and rank 1-2 in shore conference wins history.

Older Santaniello falls to Peterson 1-0. Going to be a sad car ride home for the brothers.

Peterson is just a Joey Olivieri loss away from being a 3x champ. Peterson has planned on bulking up and going 132 this year. Maybe he does that next year and we see them faceoff as seniors.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
Robby Howard wins and then takes his shoes off and leaves them in the mat. That’s kind of weird. Isn’t that a tradition reserved for guys who are retiring from wrestling?

ADVERTISEMENT