ADVERTISEMENT

RU Commits & HS Season Discussion Thread

It looks like all of RU recruits and potential recruits are doing quite well. Love it.

HWT bracket went crazy in the quarterfinals, so these are the seeds for the semi-finals match-ups:

#8 vs #13 and #14 vs. #7

#1 and previously undefeated Bardhyl Gashi (West Essex) lost to the #8 seed Justin Wright (Howell) and he will face #13 Jim Mullen (St Joes) who is a freshman and someone who will certainly be on RU's radar.

#14 Hector Lebron (Dwight Morrow) beat the #3 and #6 seeds to make it to the semi-final and will face #7 JT Cornelius (Southern) who beat #2 Marcus Estevez (Franklin)

Crazy day for sure in this bracket.

HWT bracket went crazy in the quarterfinals, so these are the seeds for the semi-finals match-ups:

#8 vs #13 and #14 vs. #7

#1 and previously undefeated Bardhyl Gashi (West Essex) lost to the #8 seed Justin Wright (Howell) and he will face #13 Jim Mullen (St Joes) who is a freshman and someone who will certainly be on RU's radar.

#14 Hector Lebron (Dwight Morrow) beat the #3 and #6 seeds to make it to the semi-final and will face #7 JT Cornelius (Southern) who beat #2 Marcus Estevez (Franklin)

Wow! Crazy is an understatement. lol

Yes though Clark’s matches are getting a little close for comfort. Everyon else is handling their business

Clark will face his ex-teammate Gabe Onorato (Paulsboro) again in the semi-finals. He beat Onorato 7-0 in the Region 7 finals last week.

Clark will face his ex-teammate Gabe Onorato (Paulsboro) again in the semi-finals. He beat Onorato 7-0 in the Region 7 finals last week.
My wife is good friends with Gabe's mother they went to high school together. It's good to see Gabe wrestling so well after coming back from his injury. He's headed to Drexel.

#8 vs #13 and #14 vs. #7

Like Kyonte Halmilton, Jim Mullen is already on Schiano's radar for football. He was St Joes first ever true freshman to start on the D line.

“He’s coming in as a national champion wrestler,” Hoffmann said of Mullen, who can line up at both tackle and end. “I don’t think he’s lost in two years. He decided to come here and he’s been almost unblockable in preseason and I think a lot of it has to do with his wrestling background. ... This kid is special.”

Reactions: MS-RU
Soldano is a monster and pins Shay Addison (Rumson) in the 2nd. He was up 9-0 before the pin and match was never even remotely close.

Thankfully he trains with the SKWC so hopefully we can lock him up and get him to commit early next year.
With Billy Smith being his head coach he's got to be hearing Rutgers, Rutgers, Rutgers. This kid looks like one of those special ones.

Shawver won his first round district match-up by fall (3:09) to move into the quarterfinals.

The Ohio state tournament concludes next weekend.

Last edited:
Olivieri wins 3-1 in TB1 to advance to the finals!

Both wrestlers gave up stalling points and Bierdumpfel even gave up a penalty point for 3 cautions. Very tight match and an interesting finish.

Anthony Clark survives a funky scramble and advances to his 4th finals I believe. 2x champ

It’s not the kids fault but it’s really unfair to the public schools to have their kids poached when it’s forbidden by NJSIAA rules but nothing is done about it. Happens across all sports and it’s really hurting high school sports in general. Private schools have become glorified travel teams.

if a kid didn’t go to the private school and ended up staying in town, wouldn’t he lock up a starting spot for a few years ? If he leaves, some kid gets a chance to play/wrestle as a starter when he otherwise would not have

Defensive pin??
Pretty sure. Weaver hit a reversal and then got really high. Boggiano stood up on all fours and Weaver got stuck. I don’t believe a reversal to Boggiano was awarded so defensive pin seemed to be what happened. I didn’t have my audio on.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I believe if Anthony Santaniello wins tomorrow, he’ll be the first undefeated state champ as a freshman since Nick Suriano

Reactions: MS-RU
Feel bad for Weaver...that's a tough way to lose but the dude is a killer..once he gets acclimated at this weight he will be absolutely dominant.

Last edited:
Reactions: R U Crazy
Shawver wins by fall (1:36) again to advance to the semi-finals tomorrow.

Weaver pinned Alex Strashinsky (3:25) in wrestlebacks and will face Brandon Mooney for 3rd

Epperly lost to Mike Misita and will wrestle for 5th tomorrow

Reactions: R U Crazy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT