ADVERTISEMENT

RU Commits & HS Season Discussion Thread

Track shows that Poz lost 7-0 to someone named Matthew Knapp of Roxbury. I have to believe that is wrong or Poz wasn't wrestling today and someone else from Colonia weighed in at 182. It's obviously possible he could lose, but it seems extremely unlikely for him to get shutout by this caliber of opponent.

The Track scoreboard is easy to mess up if the scorekeeper forgets to correct who is red/green. Only other explanation is a 2nd period escape, take down and 4 back points for a near fall with an injury, leading to an injury default. That seems unlikely though.

The Track scoreboard is easy to mess up if the scorekeeper forgets to correct who is red/green. Only other explanation is a 2nd period escape, take down and 4 back points for a near fall with an injury, leading to an injury default. That seems unlikely though.

It still seems like extremely unlikely to me that he goes the whole first period without a takedown against a nobody opponent. Unless you were saying he was up 7-0 and then injury defaulted and they just showed the scoring all wrong, which is certainly possible.

Either way it unfortunately looks like he forfeited his next match so your injury theory appears to be correct. Hopefully it's more precautionary than serious...

Yeah but if there is a mess up on track it is usually corrected before the next round is wrestled. Pozanski defaulted his next match and Knapp lost. I checked and Knapp was 0-2 last year getting pinned in both matches he wrestled. This is very odd.

Reactions: MS-RU
Weaver coming up Mat 2 (EDIT: This is Damian Weaver at 138. Dylan is 152)

Damian wins 4-0. Will be interesting to see how he does this year as a Freshman as I'm sure he will be high on Goodales radar if he develops into a top wrestler.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clearscreen25
okay, so who knows defilippis well enough or someone at yale street to get an update lol

Yeah but if there is a mess up on track it is usually corrected before the next round is wrestled. Pozanski defaulted his next match and Knapp lost. I checked and Knapp was 0-2 last year getting pinned in both matches he wrestled. This is very odd.

I would say that Track recorded the result incorrectly. But if it was Poz and he did wrestle, I would guess he got called for a slam leading 7-0 and the person did not know how to enter it in the scorebook. (That kid could wrestle Poz for two hours and not score 7 points against him) He then decided not to wrestle in the wrestle backs.....NJ has a 30 limit match count and the coaches probably decided not to waste matches in the consy bracket.

Reactions: obrats
Weaver with a 17 second pin. Of course, it was off camera LOL. He had a double leg shot at the whistle for the TD and then the fall.

Reactions: MS-RU
O'Neill wins 12-0 to move into the quarterfinals. If he wins his next match, he will face the winner of Pinto & Reitsma in the semis

Dylan won by MD 12-4 to move into the semi-finals against Phil Smith Jr who is ranked #20 @ 145 on Intermat, a NHSCA champ at 132, 2x MD state champ so should be a great matchup.

Dylan's opponent in the quarterfinals was quite the punk/little bitch. Dylan had his leg and stood him up and the kid just straight up slapped him across the face. He was acting this way all match. I believe he gave up 2 penality points for unsportsmanlike conduct during the match.

Track shows that Poz lost 7-0 to someone named Matthew Knapp of Roxbury. I have to believe that is wrong or Poz wasn't wrestling today and someone else from Colonia weighed in at 182. It's obviously possible he could lose, but it seems extremely unlikely for him to get shutout by this caliber of opponent.
Poz didn’t wrestle today Not sure who did but Poz was sick and not at tournament.

"n Saturday’s Walter Woods Holiday Classic, Watchung Hills’ John Dusza pinned Jackson Memorial’s Kyle Epperly to capture the 195-pound title. Nothing against Dusza, who went 26-11 last season as a promising sophomore, but Epperly recently signed a National Letter of Intent to wrestle at Rutgers and is a state placewinner."

READ: Convenient link to holiday wrestling tournament coverage

"What makes the story even more amazing is that Dusza suffered a broken leg last spring after getting hit by a car while skateboarding. Fortunately, he recovered without permanent damage, but there were concerns that he wouldn’t be ready to wrestle until January."

https://www.mycentraljersey.com/sto...nZ4XYrR6MfKzR_9Te8DeEbx7pMLMATYO408goyUvLiyr8

"Saturday, Huff said that Epperly led 2-1 after the first period. In the second, Epperly escaped, got a take down and scored back points. He was up 7-1 when the Watchung Hills wrestler was able to counter a move and the two ended up in a scramble for positioning.

“He went to go put John to his back and John hip-heist over,” Huff said. “He had really good hips and was able to get on top and pin him. … Fortunately, he ended up on top of a 50-50 situation and he got the fall.”

And the gym’s reaction?

“The crowd was very loud, probably the loudest it was all day,” Huff said. “Behind us, we had the whole team supporting him and the coaches. The fans were going wild. So it was a cool moment for him and for the team.”

O'Neil wins 3-0 but the score really didn't reflect the match. O'Neil dominated, a pancake negated by high school out of bounds and a takedown as well.
When will they ever rethink the HS out of bounds rules. It’s a joke...so much action happens on the edge

Reactions: koleszar
Poz didn’t wrestle today Not sure who did but Poz was sick and not at tournament.

That makes the most sense given the results we saw, thanks for the clarification.

Happy to hear that John is alright and hopefully he feels better soon!

Last edited:
Any updates on the Weaver Boys

Both are in the semi-finals which don't kick off until around 10am. They are both facing quality opponents so they should be good litmus tests.

Dylan is facing #2 seed Phil Smith who was a national junior prep champion last year and 2x MD state champ

Damian is facing #1 seed Joe Fisk who was the runner up in the MD state tournament and 5th at the national prep tournament

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT