Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
1978 - Garden State Bowl
27-year drought
2005 - Insight Bowl

1991 - NCAA TOURNAMENT
28-year drought
???????

...there are 350+ teams eligible. What are the odds this happens AGAIN lol??

I'm gonna be a stick in the mud and point out that it's not really 350 if you're talking football and teams that could conceivably play RU in the NCAA tournament if you assume RU won't have a 1-3 seed

But yeah it's ironic and I'm pretty sure if we ever make the B1G semis or title game in basketball, Michigan will be waiting for us

Reactions: wheezer
Football was even more ironic. A lot of people didn't think the GSB really counted because it was like a home game and we were a lock to make the bowl viable. Than we get invited to a " real " bowl game and it's the same opponent again. Two for two and almost like a home and home series to boot.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Nuts

My bro and I were literally just discussing this and have no doubt we play them in the first four Dayton

We owe them

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
I'm gonna be a stick in the mud and point out that it's not really 350 if you're talking football and teams that could conceivably play RU in the NCAA tournament if you assume RU won't have a 1-3 seed

But yeah it's ironic and I'm pretty sure if we ever make the B1G semis or title game in basketball, Michigan will be waiting for us

Doesn’t matter as there ARE 350’ish potential teams to play in hoops.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT