ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football defeats Temple, 36-7

The game threads are always like that. I’m the opposite. When things go well, I’m chatty. When things go poorly, I keep my thoughts to myself.

‘Cause momma said, momma said, my momma said if you don’t got nuthin nice to say, shut the fvck up, y’all.

Kathy Bates Mama Boucher GIF

This message approved by Vicky Vallencourt.
message board is message board where you get to put messages good or bad.
get excited about good plays and not so excited about bad plays...

if you cant express your feelings, why have a message board?

I was reading through and it's crazy how active the thread was when people thought there was something negative to say. Now when it's time to discuss a good win it's quiet...lol interesting
no there is a thread in the round table most are on

Does the stadium normally clear out this quick when we’re winning?

Night game and no way out of the Blue lot unless you're quick.

I don't expect @MrsScrew home until 1:15AM. She's in the first row since 6:30AM and will be last out of the Blue lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joey Bags
message board is message board where you get to put messages good or bad.
get excited about good plays and not so excited about bad plays...

if you cant express your feelings, why have a message board?
I never said people shouldn’t express their feelings. I said what I do and what momma says.

But it’s odd that the negative nancies always disappear when things go well, apparently they only have negative feelings to express. 🙂

I never said people shouldn’t express their feelings. I said what I do and what momma says.

But it’s odd that the negative nancies always disappear when things go well, apparently they only have negative feelings to express. 🙂
i expressed negative and positive through out the games. I call it as I see it. Not one sided at all.

why not pointed it out while it happens, instead of waiting till things plays out specific way before confronting?

I’m not sure he improved from last game - this wasn’t a great game from him, but it was certainly a big improvement over last year.

He was better in this game in the sense that he didn’t throw anything that should’ve been picked. In NW, there was at least one, arguably 2. He played a very clean game today and had some nice passes.

Well it got a little tight there for a bit but in the end we wore them out and beat them up.

Followed Shiano's plan to the letter. LOL

Reactions: Wagram97
I am expecting more variety of O plays vs the Hokies.
Langan, Langan and LANGAN

I’m not sure he improved from last game - this wasn’t a great game from him, but it was certainly a big improvement over last year.
First half was really good, throwing seeds. 2nd half I didn’t think he was as sharp. Thankfully the running game was elite so didn’t matter.

Reactions: RUSK97
I think he did a lot of good things. Some good reads, including the one for the long pass in the first half. Some good throws. Didn’t put the ball in danger like last week, where he was lucky not have two INTs that went through the hands of the defense. Had a really good run or two. He controlled the O very well, using the clock well, getting the players in the right places.

He overthrew a few, but that happens to all QBs.

Go back and read the posts some people made in the 3rd Q when we were struggling.
yea I also posted how GW was being handcuffed by the coaches or he is not reading his option correctly. where others joined and they think its the coaches handcuffing GW.

I dont see how that translates into being how people were complaining about offense that put up over 400yards. Rushing yards blew up after the draught in 3rd quarter. before that rushing yards had below 4 yards per carry avg.
Those rush yards didnt come because Defense was stretched out by the offense calls prior to. Defense guys looked like they started getting tired and our OL started to manhandling them.
Overall, how can you complain about winning 36-7? but during the game, they werent up 36-7 the whole time or had over 400yards offense the whole time did they?

Reactions: TGonzRU
yea I also posted how GW was being handcuffed by the coaches or he is not reading his option correctly. where others joined and they think its the coaches handcuffing GW.

I dont see how that translates into being how people were complaining about offense that put up over 400yards. Rushing yards blew up after the draught in 3rd quarter. before that rushing yards had below 4 yards per carry avg.
Those rush yards didnt come because Defense was stretched out by the offense calls prior to. Defense guys looked like they started getting tired and our OL started to manhandling them.
Overall, how can you complain about winning 36-7? but during the game, they werent up 36-7 the whole time or had over 400yards offense the whole time did they?
Games often have ups and downs, changes of momentum. The end result justifies the coaching.

First half was really good, throwing seeds. 2nd half I didn’t think he was as sharp. Thankfully the running game was elite so didn’t matter.
Revisiting it after the fact, it’s hard to argue that we didn’t play the complementary football Schiano’s wanted. Things got scary there for a while but at the end of the day, our offense stayed on the field and did what it needed to do to wear down Temple. We only punted 3 times in the game. Only went 3 and out on the drive from our own 3. When Temple scored and made it a 6 point game, we responded to the urgency immmediately. That drive was impressive.

None of the negative nancies (we all know their forum names) ever congratulate our boys when we win , are happy about the win and they always disappear when we win. They out themselves as negatoids and non RU fans but they are too stupid to even realize that . We all know they are not RU fans .

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
Revisiting it after the fact, it’s hard to argue that we didn’t play the complementary football Schiano’s wanted. Things got scary there for a while but at the end of the day, our offense stayed on the field and did what it needed to do to wear down Temple. We only punted 3 times in the game. Only went 3 and out on the drive from our own 3. When Temple scored and made it a 6 point game, we responded to the urgency immmediately. That drive was impressive.

Never really felt like the game was in doubt. Though would have been happier putting them away earlier. Some impactful bad calls. Some inopportune mistakes - Washington had 2 between the fumble and the dropped pass.

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
What is the reason for the guys with green, blue and orange shirts on RU sideline?
We have three plays. One signals the call and the others are decoys. By the end of the year we will have 4 plays, and another guy wearing a different color. I think it will be purple, but it might be brown.

Reactions: Rutgers85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT