ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football versus Howard moved to Thursday, other kickoffs announced

The first one definitely: a person would have to take off from work to make the start of the game.

and realistically, game ends at 10pm...home at 11...who wants to go to work Friday? While I like a 5 day holiday weekend, I'm not sure I can justify taking more PTO days for football when I'm already taking 1 for VT, 1 for Washington, 2 for USC (Plus 5 vacation days after)

and if Howard is not bringing it's band it's really not worth it.

Howard might be one to watch from an outdoor bar...........

Is the band coming? because if Howard isn't bringing their band I'm not sure the PTO day is worth it considering I'm using one to head to VT, another for the Washington game and 2 more for USC (plus 5 vacation days after)

Is RU football really worth 5 or 6 PTO days???
Absolutely

Football only happens in the fall
We wait all year for it

Improved squad
GS 2.0 in year 5
Favorable schedule

I would do it

Reactions: jeRseyguy1010
I’ll make it work. Not too bad for me since I work locally, but I normally take some time off around then anyway. Can understand why others are not pleased.

We have the biggest bunch of whiner fans. There's no good day or time that would work for all LDW. Be happy we can get to the game and get it over with before the weekend starts.

I'll be there. Wouldn't miss it. Going to be a special season.
Not sure why you can't allow people to vent - that's what people do here. These are people who have had season tickets for many years and will probably go anyway.

You've been a fan for decades and decades and you still think this was Rutgers' decision?

You should know better by now this has nothing to do with someone at Rutgers making this decision.

You're probably right, but I can't figure out why the hell they'd have a 6PM time slot on BTN. Hell, the majority of people who'd watch it on TV on the East Coast won't even be home from work for the kickoff. And forget about the rest of the country.

You're probably right, but I can't figure out why the hell they'd have a 6PM time slot on BTN. Hell, the majority of people who'd watch it on TV on the East Coast won't even be home from work for the kickoff. And forget about the rest of the country.
A look at the Big Ten site shows Eastern Illinois at Illinois at 9 pm, so the want a doubleheader.

I'm guessing the Sept 21 game at Va Tech will be ACC Network.

A look at the Big Ten site shows Eastern Illinois at Illinois at 9 pm, so the want a doubleheader.

I'm guessing the Sept 21 game at Va Tech will be ACC Network.
Well there’s the answer to my question.

What other games are on that Thursday night ? Always liked Thursday night games and we always did well in them.

On Oct. 26 following Game 1 of the World Series, Rutgers and USC will kick off at the Memorial Coliseum at 11 p.m. Eastern.

The Big Ten justifies the unusual kickoff time in multiple ways. Rutgers plays at home against UCLA the previous week, while USC travels to Maryland. The Scarlet Knights have a bye the following week, which means the long flight afterward will impact the players less health-wise and competitively. The late kickoff provides a few extra hours of recovery for USC players after their cross-country flight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT