ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Illinois / Game Thread

If this guy talks about that QB Block again I'm turning off the TV.

HE DIDN'T BLOCK ANYBODY

He just slightly moved in front of someone and slapped hands.

Our receivers look like they are 5’7”. A long way from the big receivers Greg used to recruit.

Dont know if its a new rule from the NFL but it shouldve been a moot point since it was a run play.
no.. formation rules are called at the snap as pre-snap penalties.. what you do run/pass does not matter.

You need 7 men on the LOS. The 2 outer-most on the LOS are "eligible" .. I think there is a rule about reporting in as eligible if you wear and ineligible number.

If we had 4 men in the backfield and 2 split receivers on same side.. inside one might have been Washington TE... the inside WR would have been ineligible which makes the tackle on the other side eligible. Perhaps failing to report in as eligible would have been a penalty.. of course maybe he did.

I think the call was based on seeing 2 split wide to same side.. and the assumption that one had to be behind the other. Which makes seeing 4 others in the backfield an easy call.

Reactions: redking
Art’s a bit jumpy. McNulty needs to settle him down with a couple dinks and dunks. Then go downfield.

Remember the days when the announcers would marvel at the size of our receivers? Not anymore. Our WRs look like they are from the Land of Oz.

Our OC is too dumb to adjust. We won't have too many drives to waste dicking around with throwing the ball. Sit can not throw.

Not the only reason we’re losing but of course Illinois gets their QB back just in time for our game. If you are injured forget the doctor the best medicine is having to play Rutgers in the next game

Art’s a bit jumpy. McNulty needs to settle him down with a couple dinks and dunks. Then go downfield.

It's a shame when they go for the small ball, it's a swing pass to a target Art stares down the entire way and is either thrown on a laser or with way too much loft. He still hasn't learned proper touch yet.

A real mobile QB with how bad our team is at defending the pass, it's going to get very very ugly.

I legitimately can't imagine what November is going to look like.

I think our average loss will be 60-3 and I'm not even trying to be funny. We somehow look worse at home against Illinois and the like than at OSU?

I mean OSU obviously didn't take us seriously but geez.

Reactions: brgRC90
Without OSU talent, this defense is way too easy to scheme against.

Not for nothing but the worse thing about being this bad is that we get the Z team from BTN from announcers to camera crew. Could they zoom out any further or is the helicopter can not available. Geez

If this guy talks about that QB Block again I'm turning off the TV.

HE DIDN'T BLOCK ANYBODY

He just slightly moved in front of someone and slapped hands.
That’s all you need to do, not sure why you don’t realize that. Not everything needs to be a pancake block to be effective.

If Ill gets a TD the game will be out of hand. We struggle mightily to get scores.

That’s all you need to do, not sure why you don’t realize that. Not everything needs to be a pancake block to be effective.

But the way the announcer is making it seem is that he pulled off a masterful crackback block.

It doesn't take skill or talent to just run as a buffer in front of somebody.

The defense held, Rutgers is still in it! Feed Hiliman the ball, they have a tough time stopping him.

That was a catch and a fumble by the rules so I’d say we caught a break. Great stop, now we have to capitalize

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT