ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Illinois / Game Thread

No effort on that TD run. That’s inexcusable. Can’t do anything now about lack of talent, but lack of effort is on players and coaches. Not first time either. Teams we are playing are not that good either.
Yea didn't even look like they were trying on that play.

Our defense is horrible with our defensive guru coach.
COLLEGE
FOOTBALL
IS
ABOUT
OFFENSE

Between the game and the chick trying to do play-by-play I can't take it anymore. I'm done. See ya next week everyone!

no.. formation rules are called at the snap as pre-snap penalties.. what you do run/pass does not matter.

You need 7 men on the LOS. The 2 outer-most on the LOS are "eligible" .. I think there is a rule about reporting in as eligible if you wear and ineligible number.

If we had 4 men in the backfield and 2 split receivers on same side.. inside one might have been Washington TE... the inside WR would have been ineligible which makes the tackle on the other side eligible. Perhaps failing to report in as eligible would have been a penalty.. of course maybe he did.

I think the call was based on seeing 2 split wide to same side.. and the assumption that one had to be behind the other. Which makes seeing 4 others in the backfield an easy call.
Georgia Tech and Navy lines up with 2 receivers on the same side with tackle eligible on the other all the time with no flags.

The call was "too many men in the backfield" by the white hat. Maybe it was a blown call by the ref.

Remember when our guys used to swarm to the ball? Unreal how far we've fallen.

Hurts so bad to follow this team. Very frustrating.

Honestly, we probably gave coach kill seizures.

McNulty can coach, we know this to be true. Why are we so bad now? It's the players...we dont have talent. Period and to make things worse, we have confused talent, learning 7 systems in like 7 years

Remember when our guys used to swarm to the ball? Unreal how far we've fallen.

Hurts so bad to follow this team. Very frustrating.

Well that's what happens when you pretty much tell the players on the team you aren't good enough, and you're only here because I can't get rid of all of you.

Checking out now. What a disaster the Ash era has become.

Have a good weekend fellas!!!

F*cking sh*tshow. Making the Illini look like world beaters. They just panned to Ash’s unemotional, constipated face.

Reactions: Block R
Wow! Does this defense have any pride in itself whatsoever? They would be abused by a decent high school football team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT