ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Ohio State / Game Thread

Great team win especially after Eugene injury in the first half.Mathis,Baker,Harper and Carter were all double digit scorers.Rutgers won the game on the foul line which was very important in a grind out game with scoring spurts by both teams.Number 34 for Ohio State was a beast inside and from my perspective committed at least 10 fouls but was only charged with four.The fans were loud and showed their support by coming on the court after the win to congratulate the players and coaching staff.Todd Frazier and former AD Mulcahy sat at center court.

And recruit Paul Mulcahy was behind the bench

Great team win especially after Eugene injury in the first half.Mathis,Baker,Harper and Carter were all double digit scorers.Rutgers won the game on the foul line which was very important in a grind out game with scoring spurts by both teams.Number 34 for Ohio State was a beast inside and from my perspective committed at least 10 fouls but was only charged with four.The fans were loud and showed their support by coming on the court after the win to congratulate the players and coaching staff.Todd Frazier and former AD Mulcahy sat at center court.
I agree with the assessment of #34 fouling -- between his second and third fouls he must have committed about six more

Great win. Love the fact they went with D instead of “better shooters”. Getting to the basket = more trips to the line and creating better looks for 3s. Mathis has the potential to be a Dahntay Jones type player. No reason we can’t finish ahead of IL and PSU.

Reactions: higgins3 and RU MAN
Great win. Love the fact they went with D instead of “better shooters”. Getting to the basket = more trips to the line and creating better looks for 3s. Mathis has the potential to be a Dahntay Jones type player. No reason we can’t finish ahead of IL and PSU.
While you at it, why not ahead of Northwestern?

I think it’ll be Harper and Myles. But what a nice change of ace kind of debate!
Mathis, Harper, Johnson, and McConnell are figuring the game out. We can debate various things, but they are showing up and will show why they were heavily recruited.

We still needed a poor game from OSU to win. O still needs a lot of help. We can grind out a few wins but no game will be a gimmie.
OSU may have played poorly but then we were without our best player for much of the game. With Mathis leading the charge we took it to them and earned this win. Guys made plays and Geo sealed it at the end.

sorry that wasnt a poor game from OSU, did they play their best no...but RU won that game rather than OSU just handing it to them
That was a season low pts scored for OSU. We won the game but OSU def played down to our level.

That was a season low pts scored for OSU. We won the game but OSU def played down to our level.
Bac is correct. The reason they had a low-scoring game was because we made them use the shot clock up consistently by using a long lineup and executing the zone defense very well. Your assessment is way off base.

Reactions: MV9000
Mathis, Harper, Johnson, and McConnell are figuring the game out. We can debate various things, but they are showing up and will show why they were heavily recruited.
I am not so sure that they were heavily recruited other than Mathis. I think that the staff did a good job of recognizing under recruited talent. I also think that when their shots start to fall we will see them really explode.

Reactions: MV9000
I said it before. It was a great win. I think that’s how we’ll win more games. It’s defense and pound the board. Make it ugly and grinding it out. Against top teams, we’ll need a little help from them. That is all.

jtung230 - you are not accurate on this one. RU D was the reason they had their lowest scoring night. They simply were out coached. They were not prepared for the zone at all. I did not see a team that played down to us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT