ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Penn State 1/26/23

god damnit. Antonia.
What was she thinking??!!😂😂

Teachable moment for Antonia. Could have been a disaster if we had given them life and lost after leading by two with the ball and 0.3 seconds left. She'd have been all over ESPN for the wrong reasons.

Gotta bring back the humble demeanor of the players of yesteryear. Another reason that I like Coach Washington because she models that quality so well. Always has from what I remember of her, dating back to Notre Dame days.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Good to see the team learning how to win these tight games. Seems like a lot of times, the team that squanders the lead to allow OT usually collapses in the overtime period. Kudos to the ladies for gritting it out

Very proud of the fight that they showed tonight. Clear growth from the last time we played PSU.

Now we just have to get our penetrators to realize that they can't always go all the way. They need to work on their midrange, pull-up jumper, off the glass (especially Kaylene). Teams are going to continue to draw fouls on her drive is she doesn't make an adjustment. Kai and Awa also have to work on the pull-up.

Awa with the ball has been like watching a runaway train. ??? I'm wondering, what is the strategy with allowing her to play that way?? Is it picking the lesser of two weaknesses. Maybe Coach wanted her to push the pace so they could get to a shot easier than running the half court offense which often suffers from the turnovers.

She still turned it over too much, but at least they did get some easy looks from the up tempo.

How bout Chyna!! When I look at her play, I think about the high ceiling that she has potential-wise and that she must be a sponge at practice. She is making strides every game. Let her get an array of offensive moves over the offseason and we will be looking at Naz Hilmon 2.0. Seriously!!

I don't say this lightly, but Kayline is reminding me of a young CAPPIE!
WHOA now Scarlette!! 😯

I love Kaylene's game too, but.....Cappie was on a WHOLE another level!
I get what you mean, far as coolness for a freshman, ability to put up points and generate steals(impact on the game). Cappie could take a game over and win it, whenever she wanted to(whenever Viv would allow).

She reminds me more of Arella, how they don't move all that smoothly, but are deceptively athletic, craftiness offensively, ball-hawking defensively, tough. I think it's a Long Island thing.💪 Sierra Calhoun was another one, although we didn't get to see much of her while she was here.

Scarlette, you know I have to overanalyze everything.🧐🙂.....I'm just being a little extra here. I get what you're saying and agree........somewhat.😉

WHOA now Scarlette!! 😯

I love Kaylene's game too, but.....Cappie was on a WHOLE another level!
I get what you mean, far as coolness for a freshman, ability to put up points and generate steals(impact on the game). Cappie could take a game over and win it, whenever she wanted to(whenever Viv would allow).

She reminds me more of Arella, how they don't move all that smoothly, but are deceptively athletic, craftiness offensively, ball-hawking defensively, tough. I think it's a Long Island thing.💪 Sierra Calhoun was another one, although we didn't get to see much of her while she was here.

Scarlette, you know I have to overanalyze everything.🧐🙂.....I'm just being a little extra here. I get what you're saying and agree........somewhat.😉
I thought of Arella also as a comparison

Of course, that was a technical foul. You can't stand over the opponent and scream down at her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT