ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Penn State game thread

Time to get this thing turned around!

Probably gonna get zoned for most of the night. They better have their 3pt shot tonight. Whip it around to open shooters or hit that foul line person occasionally so they can go to work or dump it down on the baseline for easy finishes. Hopefully, our bigs think to pump fake sometimes and get more and-ones.

They also need to blanket Marissa Mckenna all night and wear her out. Make others beat us. She's crafty with the ball.

End of one, Penn State up 16 to 13. Ali Brigham looks to be a problem, getting lay-ups.

RU shot ~43% in the quarter.

Did they read the scouting report? You can't leave Marissa open. They've been doing that over and over so far.

halftime stats.

RU shooting 45.8% for the half. That is a good number. Zilcho on 3-ptrs, not a good number. Also contributing to the one-point deficit is 2 of 6 FT shooting (PSU is 2 of 5.). Turnovers are not that far apart, 11 for RU, 9 for PSU; however, POINTS off turnovers are two for RU and 11 for PSU.

I'll take it for a first half. Both quarters with double-digit scoring. So, no real hole to start the second half.

Now I can't complain about the game plan.

The shooting is atrocious. Just abominable!!

43% FG%--I will take that overall. Problem is with threes. Someone could get hot in the second half if given a chance. Eight players took shots in the first half, and six of those eight players scored. The two players who did not score tried only 3-pt shots.

I'm mainly talking about the badly missed open shots that would make you think that a few of our players may need glasses. Jailyn shoots so many airballs. ?? Sakima's bad miss was as if she was surprised to be open for a shot there. It's there all night.

And the foul shots. Sayawni's two misses right before the half. I really thought she was a better shooter.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
These unacceptable turnovers are really bad too. The 3-seconds violations. Shouldn't happen at this level. That's middle school stuff.

Hard to watch this slop.
Ugly turnovers.
43% OK, not great, and if we could make shots when two feet from the basket we would be up ten

Sloppy start to the third quarter with quick turnovers, but RU gets a three! A little aggressive defense and turnovers go the other way. RU takes the lead and is up 31 27 at the time-out with 6:49 to go in 3Q.

I know I'm not the only one that sees this girl shoving Sakima in the back over and over.

I rather see Chyna in at the same time with Sakima than to bring Stephanie in. They are killing us around the basket.

Here we go with the pass and hold it, pass and hold it stuff again vs their zone. When will we learn. We moved around decently in the first half and got some buckets.

Well, darn. PSU used that commercial time-out well. Off on a 9-0 run they went. RU has it within three at the next commercial time-out 33 36 PSU wtih 4:31 remaining in 3Q.

Sakima has got to start getting the starters minutes. She is further ahead than Tiya IMO. BBall IQ and potential. She just needs to stay out there so she is totally comfortable and then we will see her best.

Maybe Maddox can get her shot going. Worth a try. She better be strong with the ball.

End of three: 36 40 PSU. RU shot 45.5%.

RU opens 4Q with a three-point basket to get within one point 39 40.

RU is 6 of 10 on lay-ups; PSU is 8 of 14.

RU takes the lead 43 42 with 6:41 to play.

Come on, Scarlet Knights! Take advantage of Brigham on the bench with four fouls.

Well, now PSU hits two shot from beyond the arc to take at 48 44 with 4:19 to play. Misses and turnovers from RU.

Where was Sayawni going? They pass up easy open looks to dribble into a mess and turn it over.

Why not go to the freshman or Morris who will at least take the open looks.

Reactions: Bon1674
If Joyia is not going to get shots behind the arc and make them, she does not need to be in the game.

Reactions: Bon1674
Tim is throwing the game. Ericka right now?! Where is Lasha. Did he forget about her?

Both teams have had 56 possessions. Both teams are shooting >45% with both poor 3P% and FT%. RU has a rebounding advantage, but PSU leads in fast-break points and points off the bench.

It's a 3-pt game 48 51 PSU under two to go.

Just have to put this one in there. .......Ga Tech up on UConn 50-40 with 2:30 left in game.

Reactions: ea_1
Down three with just under a minute left and we have a shot clock violation.
Un Fricken believable

The killer stats are the combination of turnovers and points off turnovers. PSU was very good at taking advantage of RU's errors.

Have to take care of the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT