ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Texas State / Game Thread

I'm telling you from a DB POV if you're not great at doing that, you're playing right into the defense hand. You're helping the defense. TSU can't handle Art in the pocket, so why good away from his strength?

Practice. Who says he can't do it? He looked fine doing it. He just made a poor decision to throw it. That can be corrected. Though not if you don't practice.

He will not be able to just sit in the pocket and throw 100% of the time against teams in our division. We don't have the OL to allow that.

Bubble screen actually worked. It is a new offensive scheme.

Agreed. That was refreshing to see a bubble screen that gained 12 yards. I think it’s been three years since we’ve run a successful bubble screen

I'll speak for everyone in saying nice posts - we've all been wondering where that play is and why we haven't executed it well (and rarely tried it) in years. Blackshear could be deadly on that play in space (he came close to breaking this one).

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
There is only one thing to do after seeing Rutgers score so easily and seeing the defense wearing them out. Get pizza.

Gotta love the offense we're seeing. The sets are a sight for sore eyes, and McNulty did an amazing job installing this offense in such a short time.

We really have to clean up penalties. I will give it a pass because it's the first game. But if this continues, it's on the staff.

I’ll take 28-7 (so far, could more however...) but I forgot how frustrating it can be watching a McNulty offense early in the season lol..

Bad call on running into the kicker and the official was right there, but it's the rule. Didn't seem to call it as it happened. However, bad decision to come anywhere near the punter when the kick was already away and nobody is forcing you into him. Very lackadaisical on our part.

This game has zero flow. I quite honestly think we could’ve scored a few more touchdowns by now, however, that 11 minute drive by Texas state in the first half, and the awful officiating, have just lulled everyone to sleep for the most part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT