ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestling Sends Competitors to Journeymen Collegiate Classic, ESU Open

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Though not an official date on its schedule, Rutgers wrestling will have attached and unattached competitors at the Journeymen Collegiate Classic, held on Sunday, Nov. 10 at 9 a.m. at Hudson Valley Community College in Troy, New York. Unattached Scarlet Knights will also compete at the ESU Open on Saturday, Nov. 9 at 9 a.m. in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

https://scarletknights.com/news/201...o-journeymen-collegiate-classic-esu-open.aspx

Is the difference between attached and unattached the number of possible events the wrestler can participate in?

That would mean the attached wrestlers would be backup at this time and the unattached wrestlers the starters?

Wrestling unattached means you don't travel with the team, your score doesn't count for the team totals, etc but it lets you keep your redshirt while still getting experience.

I understood the red shirt rule, I just didn't know why at the Journeymen classics we had 6 wrestles attached and over 10 unattached.
None of these wrestlers are red shirting, the red shirt wrestlers are going to ESU

Reactions: ANewRU
NCAA wrestling allows 16 "competition" dates per student athlete.....wrestling un-attached does not count as a competition date. And for it not to count as a competition date for all, you can only have a certain number of attached wrestlers. I have not looked in the last few years, but wrestling un-attached-RU cannot pay the entry fee, hotel and a few other rules. One rule they did change is that attached and un-attached wrestlers can travel together to the event(according to a coach he told me...)

NCAA wrestling allows 16 "competition" dates per student athlete.....wrestling un-attached does not count as a competition date. And for it not to count as a competition date for all, you can only have a certain number of attached wrestlers. I have not looked in the last few years, but wrestling un-attached-RU cannot pay the entry fee, hotel and a few other rules. One rule they did change is that attached and un-attached wrestlers can travel together to the event(according to a coach he told me...)

Also, Because it is not an official date on our schedule, team is only allowed to send six attached student-athletes to tournaments like this weekend.

Big weekend test for JoJo... he will face off against Chad Red and Dom Demas... if he wins out he prolly will be ranked as high as #2 :Pray: :Praying:

Big weekend test for JoJo... he will face off against Chad Red and Dom Demas... if he wins out he prolly will be ranked as high as #2 :Pray: :Praying:

Here are some other potential interesting matchups:

141- Aragona vs Lipari

165- Donner vs Turley

197- Correnti vs Pagano

I hear the coaches have 'input' on how the brackets are set up.

Hoping Flowrestling will have a good Quality Streaming day on Sunday. Many ranked wrestlers at this tournament.

Here are some other potential interesting matchups:

141- Aragona vs Lipari

165- Donner vs Turley

197- Correnti vs Pagano

I hear the coaches have 'input' on how the brackets are set up.

Hoping Flowrestling will have a good Quality Streaming day on Sunday. Many ranked wrestlers at this tournament.
Yeah usually wrestlers on same team end up on opposite side of bracket. Think whoever does better in these tournaments has more weight then the actual wrestle offs to determine starter...

plz flo have a good stream this Sunday

Reactions: R U Crazy
Reading Flo today
Red will face Jo Jo (Guaranteed).
The winner of that pool will likely face Demas

They will post link to complete pools once they are complete

Journeymen does things a little different than your normal tournament. They do Pool’s not straight brackets. So we don’t know who we will wrestle until we see which pools our guys are in.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
Journeymen does things a little different than your normal tournament. They do Pool’s not straight brackets. So we don’t know who we will wrestle until we see which pools our guys are in.
And Incase anyone was wondering about the pools this showed up in my Twitter DM’s.

“Brackets & pools are assigned 100% by the journeymen tournament. Coaches have zero input into which pool/bracket the athletes are assigned to”

Are the pools assigned yet? If not when do we get to see them?

I don’t think I’ve even seen a general list of everybody who’s entered. I know the RU guys but that’s all I’ve seen. Anyone have a link?

it is weird,, Flo posting like they know some of the pool lineups....
Either way, I am all set for action tomorrow.

Brackets are up. I did not see Aguilar (I may have missed him)

The brackets are confusing...trying to check all the pools

Last edited:
Mat 5 appears to be the first RU Mat...
Donner followed by Correnti

Mat 3 has FIrestone in the hole (3rd)

Going to be too many mats for me and my laptop...
Excited for a good day of wrestling....followed by Ohio State Match against Stanford tonight

Reactions: Clearscreen25
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT