ADVERTISEMENT

Saban’s new house

Plum Street

Hall of Famer
Jun 21, 2009
Working in academics seems to pay well for some . Nice pad for being a university and public employee.
Schiano has a nice house too near Johnson park . But saban’s is a little nicer.

Another house (like A. Rogers) that looks like a mall.
Just need an escaltor and a food court

Home Run Baseball GIF by MLB

Reactions: ashokan
Working in academics seems to pay well for some . Nice pad for being a university and public employee.
Schiano has a nice house too near Johnson park . But saban’s is a little nicer.

When you take a step back, it really is a shame how much athletics has taken away from what is supposed to be the primary goal of college, the academics.

Meanwhile kids are graduating with more and more student loan debt. Just a real shame what’s happened

When you take a step back, it really is a shame how much athletics has taken away from what is supposed to be the primary goal of college, the academics.

Meanwhile kids are graduating with more and more student loan debt. Just a real shame what’s happened
Yep …but fans like us are part of the problem. We like the entertainment of the games and tailgate parties that contributes to this huge business . So a guy like saban can live like a king and a nimrod like ash can become a millionaire .

I would venture to say that the increase in student loan debt is more due to the explosion in administrative bloat and associated costs. Athletics do play a lesser part. As well as, for lack of a better word, the increase in amenities such as nicer dorms, wider choices in meal plans and the "climbing wall" poster child.

I would venture to say that the increase in student loan debt is more due to the explosion in administrative bloat and associated costs. Athletics do play a lesser part. As well as, for lack of a better word, the increase in amenities such as nicer dorms, wider choices in meal plans and the "climbing wall" poster child.
I don’t think anyone is blaming athletics for student loan debt . But should universities really have semipro sports ? That is the question . Since we are sports fans, the answer from us is yes

I don’t think anyone is blaming athletics for student loan debt . But should universities really have semipro sports ? That is the question . Since we are sports fans, the answer from us is yes

It appeared to me that 321 tied the two together.

certainly, however the insanity of coach’s salaries certainly isn’t helping the cause.

I just think it’s a shame that college athletics have gotten to the point where some of the coaches are being paid more than the pro’s. In Saban’s case, he is paid more than all but 7 NFL Head Coaches and ONLY Greg Popovich is paid more as a coach in the NBA. There’s not a manager in MLB or coach in the NHL making within $5 million annually of Saban…

I just think it’s a bit of a slap in the face to the idea of amateur athletics. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t disagree that a CFB coach should be well compensated, but $11 million+ annually for what is supposedly amateur athletics paid out by a ‘non profit’ entity is a bit insulting at face value

certainly, however the insanity of coach’s salaries certainly isn’t helping the cause.

I just think it’s a shame that college athletics have gotten to the point where some of the coaches are being paid more than the pro’s. In Saban’s case, he is paid more than all but 7 NFL Head Coaches and ONLY Greg Popovich is paid more as a coach in the NBA. There’s not a manager in MLB or coach in the NHL making within $5 million annually of Saban…

I just think it’s a bit of a slap in the face to the idea of amateur athletics. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t disagree that a CFB coach should be well compensated, but $11 million+ annually for what is supposedly amateur athletics paid out by a ‘non profit’ entity is a bit insulting at face value

It may be a slap in the face of amateur athletics, but the recipient of those mammoth salaries are generally associated with programs that cost the university nothing. In fact, they add to net revenues and probably increase alumni giving to the university's general endowment.

Reactions: Plum Street

I think you somehow quoted another poster under my name lol . I am reading that and thinking I didn’t write that …or how much was I drinking !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT