ADVERTISEMENT

SBNation: Tristan Wallace to tOSU; Guarantano to Tennessee

Leonard23

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
From the link:

Wallace had been interested in the Buckeyes for a while, but a visit on Saturday, March 28th gave Ohio State the push they needed to seal the deal. Wallace will almost certainly be the only QB Ohio State takes in this class, thus ending the recruitment of Ohio State's other big target at the position, Jarrett Guaraantano, who is expected to commit to Tennessee later this afternoon.

Wallace to tOSU; Guarantano to Tennessee

500x281

Please change the subject.

Guarantano to Tennessee isn't the same as Guarantano expected to pick Tennessee.

This isn't news.

Can we stop posting bullshit headlines as if its absolute and indicate that ITS A PREDICTION? People are being complete idiots today, more so than other days.

"SBNation: Tristan Wallace to tOSU; PREDICTS Guarantano to Tennessee"

Originally posted by jay_hq:
Can we stop posting bullshit headlines as if its absolute and indicate that ITS A PREDICTION? People are being complete idiots today, more so than other days.

"SBNation: Tristan Wallace to tOSU; PREDICTS Guarantano to Tennessee"
No

Friedman too:

@RivalsFriedman
Well that eliminates one of Jarrett Guarantano's finalists. #Vols look like they land his commitment later today https://t.co/kNxUymG7ap
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Leonard23:
Friedman too:

@RivalsFriedman
Well that eliminates one of Jarrett Guarantano's finalists. #Vols look like they land his commitment later today https://t.co/kNxUymG7ap
Posted from Rivals Mobile
He's right.

seems like they're the favorites, but so was Louisville in 06. So were the Soviets in 1980.

all part of JG's "surprise".

Originally posted by mikemarc1:

Guarantano to Tennessee isn't the same as Guarantano expected to pick Tennessee.

This isn't news.
C'mon dude, it's over

You can change the title of the thread or not, but, as I posted previously, but according to what I believe is a very, very reliable source Guarantano made it very clear to some folks a while ago that its UT. Very sad for the RU faithful.

Originally posted by CuredbywinningRU:
You can change the title of the thread or not, but, as I posted previously, but according to what I believe is a very, very reliable source Guarantano made it very clear to some folks a while ago that its UT. Very sad for the RU faithful.
Sez you.

Originally posted by ArminRU:

Originally posted by mikemarc1:

This isn't news.
C'mon dude, it's over
I've said all along I didn't think he was coming here..but its not over..

JG wants suspense..what don't you get?

Originally posted by THERAC:

Please change title of thread
For the most part, people post threads and title them based on what they believe to be true. No big deal. We all do it.

The next wave will come at 3:05 when all the "I told you so" threads start IF he picks Tenn even tho they were just guessing all along. It's just the way this place operates. Nothing to get upset about.

See we might've gotten JG but we didn't "show him the love" for a four or five day period last November.

Looking back that was likely the difference.

It's cool though. I'm sure he'll tweet about us when we take down Kansas.

"That's my team right there! #chopnation #timeoftheflood #pleasekeepclickingonmytwitter #lookatme

Sounds like he's a head case anyway. If he doesn't love Rutgers after his dad's history and living here his whole life, we don't want him. Give me a kid with Gary Nova's attitude any day.

Just got a text from a UT alum that he's going there. Ah well. Best of luck to him and when he transfers back to RU in two years.

Originally posted by NYSportsFan:
Just got a text from a UT alum that he's going there. Ah well. Best of luck to him and when he transfers back to RU in two years.
I got a text from an AUBURN alum that he's going there. WHO TO BELIEVE?!

A douche-bag move by Meyer. He couldn't hold off on JGs announcement until reaching out to their second choice of Wallace?

Originally posted by RUTBAY:
A douche-bag move by Meyer. He couldn't hold off on JGs announcement until reaching out to their second choice of Wallace?
According to Ryan Bartow, Urban didn't expect Wallace to commit today.

From Ryan Bartow's article: Wallace just got off the phone with Buckeyes coach Urban Meyer and quarterbacks coach Tim Beck and delivered the news. "Coach (Urban) Meyer was shocked and surprised," Wallace said. "Beyond his words. He didn't know it was even coming."

Why does it matter when a kid commits? Just beacuse a kid is going to commit on a certain day doesn't mean he is the only one who can. Not sure how this was a douche-bag move by Meyer? You wouldn't let Haskins commit to Rutgers today if he wanted to?

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Board/120/Contents/Breaking-Four-star-QB-commits-to-Ohio-State--36798961

This post was edited on 4/15 2:29 PM by OSU2015

This post was edited on 4/15 2:30 PM by OSU2015

Jay, relax will u haha. I'm actually one of the ones who wants to kid to come here. I'm hoping I'm wrong dude but from all involved he's not. retract the claws.

Maybe JG knew Wallace was going to commit to Ohio State and he tried to announce his commitment before Wallace. It sounds like Wallace was Ohio State choice and not JG .

Huh ? Kid doesn't want to pick OSU or Rutgers, who gives a shit about his feelings and his moment in the Limelight ?

Originally posted by OSU2015:
According to Ryan Bartow, Tristen Wallace reached out to Urban this afternoon.

From Ryan Bartow's article: Wallace just got off the phone with Buckeyes coach Urban Meyer and quarterbacks coach Tim Beck and delivered the news. "Coach (Urban) Meyer was shocked and surprised," Wallace said. "Beyond his words. He didn't know it was even coming."

Why does it matter when a kid commits? Just beacuse a kid is going to committ on a certain day doesn't mean he is the only one who can. Not sure how this was a douche-bag move by Meyer? Enjoy this afternoon!

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Board/120/Contents/Breaking-Four-star-QB-commits-to-Ohio-State--36798961
Perhaps I'm out of line here but I thought that JG was at the top of the list in which case if Meyer knew that he was not going to commit he could have asked Wallace to hold off on his announcement. If JG was not at the top of the list and it was a race as to which would commit first than my speculation is off base.

Originally posted by OSU2015:
According to Ryan Bartow, Tristen Wallace reached out to Urban this afternoon.

Why does it matter when a kid commits? Just beacuse a kid is going to commit on a certain day doesn't mean he is the only one who can. Not sure how this was a douche-bag move by Meyer? Enjoy this afternoon!

Perhaps I'm out of line here but I thought that JG was at the top of the list in which case if Meyer knew that he was not going to commit he could have asked Wallace to hold off on his announcement. If JG was not at the top of the list and it was a race as to which would commit first than my speculation is off base.
From what we have been told by our recruting staff at 247 OSU wanted either one of JG or Wallace. It was just a matter of who committed first.

From what we have been told by our recruting staff at 247 OSU wanted either one of JG or Wallace. It was just a matter of who committed first.

This ^ These were basically the only two QBs they recruited in the 2016 class. FWIW, I hope you guys end up with JG but it's not looking promising. We need to keep all of the good/great HS players in BIG recruiting areas home. Only makes for a stronger conference.

I have heard JG was 1A with Wallace 1B but it was pretty close between the two.

With Wallace commitment JG won't be coming to OSU, hope you guys get him.

The way I see this,,, he decided he didnt want to come to RU a while back, ... but JG just couldn't bring himself to compete for OSU against his Fathers alma mater every year in the BIG ...so he looked to the next best conference... and the SEC and UTenn came calling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT