ADVERTISEMENT

Security when entering the Rac

why should they need more, there are cops around the place

i find it insulting they actively try to catch fans bringing in food or their own water..f them
I wasn’t referring to sneaking in waters or snacks, I was referring to the nefarious things that unfortunately do not appear overly difficult to bring in

Gotta admit, I've wondered why we can simply walk into the RAC while most venues (i.e., The Rock, MSG) require patrons to empty their pockets (keys, phone, wallet) and walk through a metal detector.

I understand the RAC is old, but that doesn't mean security measures when entering it should be pre-9/11/01. I think people are permitted to enter "unchecked" simply because the RAC is not set up properly to do so. When the RAC is renovated, I'd be surprised if metal detectors are not used.

Last edited:
Gotta admit, I've wondered why we can simply walk into the RAC while most venues (i.e., The Rock, MSG) require patrons to empty their pockets (keys, phone, wallet) and walk through a metal detector.

I understand the RAC is old, but that doesn't mean security measures when entering it should be pre-9/11/01. I think people are permitted to enter "unchecked" simply because the RAC is not set up to do do. When the RAC is renovated, I'd be surprised if metsl detectors are not used.
Exactly my point

Knives or guns in sandwiches or possible nitroglycerin in water bottles is what Homeland Security told Rutgers to look out for. Because we all know Shi stadium and the RAC are higher priority targets for terrorist than MetLife or the Link. So no need to ban those items there.

Just like the airports, it is entirely theater. The security is there to make people feel like they are protected and everything is secure. The "security" actually does nothing to prevent a terrorist act or some other violent crime. If you are asking for security, all you are doing is asking for your ticket prices to increase and your trip in line entering the building to be longer in exchange for no change in your safety.

Just like the airports, it is entirely theater. The security is there to make people feel like they are protected and everything is secure. The "security" actually does nothing to prevent a terrorist act or some other violent crime. If you are asking for security, all you are doing is asking for your ticket prices to increase and your trip in line entering the building to be longer in exchange for no change in your safety.
Airport security does nothing
One of the craizer takes I've seen

don't need 8k in those places for anything to happen. What's the cutoff for making people go thru security?
Good question, I don't have an answer for that
Just amazed that this is essentially the only sports venue I've been to without it

I have this fear that America in 20 years will become like certain part of Brazil where everyone that can afford it will live behind gates. With Amazon, FreshDirect and their maids doing the shopping, they will almost never interact with the community. They will drive to work, entering a secure parking lot and nodding to the armed guard in the lobby. People on both sides of the fense will be less free. Disenfranchisement will increase crime and the perception of crime will out strip the reality. Benjamin Franklin once said, "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

I wouldn’t increase security until we have more than 2 entrances to get in. Sounds like a logistical nightmare.

I mean if we are relying on a guy in a yellow jacket at the RAC to catch the bad guys upon entering it is already too late.

There are so many other ways a terrorist can operate that scares me way more.

Self driving cars is a good one.
Imagine if someone can start hacking These things. What does one car crash on 287 do. Imagine someone taking control of some amount of moving vehicles. My goodness.

RAC is fine like it is.

Reactions: ChasRC69
The security is no different than SHI stadium either. The difference at other venues is the lack of metal detectors. I’ve never been concerned.

Reactions: ChasRC69
I have this fear that America in 20 years will become like certain part of Brazil where everyone that can afford it will live behind gates. With Amazon, FreshDirect and their maids doing the shopping, they will almost never interact with the community. They will drive to work, entering a secure parking lot and nodding to the armed guard in the lobby. People on both sides of the fense will be less free. Disenfranchisement will increase crime and the perception of crime will out strip the reality. Benjamin Franklin once said, "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Start hanging criminals like they did in Ben’s day. Problem solved.

Daughter worked for TSA for a year, they took away a lot of stuff, funniest was a chain saw
TSA doesn’t test what’s in every ”water” and “shampoo” bottle they take away and they don’t identify or record names of travelers they took those bottles from. Bottom line: if someone wants to get some sort of bottled explosive past TSA they can keep trying until they succeed.

I understand the RAC is old, but that doesn't mean security measures when entering it should be pre-9/11/01. I think people are permitted to enter "unchecked" simply because the RAC is not set up properly to do so. When the RAC is renovated, I'd be surprised if metal detectors are not used.
this

I don’t.care about kids smuggling in a 12 pack .

I’m more concerned about people smuggling in firearms ……

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT