• Fire him within the next 12 months

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Let him stay, but he's on thin ice

Votes: 57 29.7%
  • Keep him as AD

Votes: 111 57.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The last thing we need after yesterday's unbelievably exciting press conference is a distraction from a unified front.
Listen, this wouldn't have happened with out all of us banding together and making our voice heard. Loudly! We were all on board together. Than the media joined in. Than Trenton joined in...
Yesterday's message in part is we all have to keep the momentum going. The last thing we need now or in the coming months is a controversial firing to have us take our eyes off the job ahead. Hobbs stays. He and Schiano can easily coexist for the good of all of Rutgers Athletics.
{/THREAD}

Reactions: Wolv RU
Hobbs one of the better fund raisers as an RU AD.

My thought was the BOG votes were never there. The plan B menu was a negotiation ploy as the list was not strong.

Reactions: Wolv RU
The last thing we need after yesterday's unbelievably exciting press conference is a distraction from a unified front.
Listen, this wouldn't have happened with out all of us banding together and making our voice heard. Loudly! We were all on board together. Than the media joined in. Than Trenton joined in...
Yesterday's message in part is we all have to keep the momentum going. The last thing we need now or in the coming months is a controversial firing to have us take our eyes off the job ahead. Hobbs stays. He and Schiano can easily coexist for the good of all of Rutgers Athletics.
AMEN

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Hobbs one of the better fund raisers as an RU AD.

My thought was the BOG votes were never there. The plan B menu was a negotiation ploy as the list was not strong.

I think the end result makes it clear that both Greg and Rutgers (Hobbs, if his decision), overplayed their hands when things broke down. The contract that was actually signed was much better for Rutgers than what Schiano was demanding on 11/24. While I would have rather seen it a little more incentive weighted, I think the end result compared to 11/24 is win-win.

Also, if one actually listened to the entirety of the press conference, it is clear Hobbs is going nowhere barring something unforeseen (like the softball thing actually turning bad for him). Hobbs has the support of Barchi, Brown, and the Governor, not to mention Schiano himself.

Everyone needs to do their jobs now.

Reactions: gregkoko

Perfectly put.

Things seem to be working out for the best and if Hobbs can continue to do his thing (ie other sports & fundraising), it's all good.

He's incompetent but I'm OK with him staying until the new President comes in as long as he stays out of football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT