ADVERTISEMENT

Stan Drayton To Temple Update

The Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting Temple is in "advanced negotiations" with Texas assistant Stan Drayton to be its new head coach. You never know until you know, but it appears Fran Brown will be staying at Rutgers. -- Kratch
WOW. Would love to know how this all played out.

I was looking forward to the moonshot replacement.

658e2d21-c3e8-41d4-9673-66daaa2c543d_text.gif

I'm excited for Temple. Their won't be any Jersey talent goin there now, but I'm sure they'll figure it out lol

I am happy Fran is staying .
I hope the old adage doesn’t come into play : be careful what you wish for , Because you might just get it.

Oh no, now Drayton will be hiring his staff.
Will he offer Fran the Temple DC position
( never let one worry end without replacing it with another one 😇😁 )

Reactions: Roy_Faulker

Will he have the budget to do it?

Thank you sooo much. You are sooo considerate of our insecurity as RU fans. Tell me, if he takes Fran, will Gavin go with him. We are so screwed.

• Haha
Reactions: MADHAT1
Will he have the budget to do it?
Temple will use the money they're saving by not building a Stadium to bring Brown abord and if that isn't enough will disband all their other sports to have enough to make Fran an offer he can't refuse.
If that isn't enough , the phrase "Sleeping with the Fishes" might come in play

Thank you sooo much. You are sooo considerate of our insecurity as RU fans. Tell me, if he takes Fran, will Gavin go with him. We are so screwed.
Understand Gavin will be given the keys to city as an enticement and the Rocky statue replaced with his

Awesome - I'm happy for him. Just can't figure out why he sucked it up recruiting here.
Posted in another thread (I'm a reformed Floodie):

The guy f'd up here in several ways, but people painted the guy as Flood the dud, and Fudd, etc. Well, the guy could not sell ice to eskimos like Greg can, but he was swimming upstream during his time here with very little financial support and the circus sideshow for an athletics director and the Mike Rice fiasco. He did stupid stuff in the end that sank his own ship, but there were a lot of reasons for recruits to avoid Rutgers during his tenure as head coach. If he was a disaster and a dud, Sark would not have brought him over to Texas, and he would not be out recruiting in Texas.

Texas connection wins out!! The best they can hope for is that the new guy has a pipeline to Texas just as Schiano 1.0 had a pipeline to Florida. It's going a big rebuild for them.

Last edited:
Not anymore, lol
Well, he'll probably finish the season at least. Which is more than we can say for the Jag's HC. Wow. Three years, three different locations. Doreen's gotta be tired of moving. Somebody remind me - how many more years are we paying him? One more after this one right?

Reactions: BossNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT