ADVERTISEMENT

Stop calling for ASH out after only 1 season and 2 games, its embarrassing

Ash is building, going forward. We are a better team this year than last.....
We are better on O because Ash was forced to replace his OC. Picture this team under DM as the OC and tell me this is team is better.

This was always destined to be a bad year. Ash and coaches did indeed look sketchy yesterday but this is a good time to practice better coaching. Most young coaches have some sort of learning curve. As long as he can recruit ok its nice for the mo. Great coaches won't be lining up for RU job

While agree its dumb to consider firing him now or even blame him for this mess, but, he simply has to improve his game day coaching.
We have enough talent to beat EMU at home, by a few scores.
Hey ash is young and a work in progress, but you see his desire and focus. I dont like the conservative play calling and not going on 4th and 1 vs inferior team.

Hey ash is young and a work in progress, but you see his desire and focus. I dont like the conservative play calling and not going on 4th and 1 vs inferior team.
How bout keeping his oc on the field when Kill would rather be in the box?

Or force feeding a frosh QB during our first good drive of the game?

Ash is building, going forward. We are a better team this year than last.....

Agreed - sometimes improvement doesn't show up in the W vs Ls for a while - wins are a lagging indicator of improvement. The players are not quitting, they're playing hard. The team needs some depth, and some offensive playmakers - that takes time. Rome wasn't built in a day. I see improvement in several areas, most notably in who is kicking and punting, and the realization that field position matters, and RU can't give the other team's O a shot field all game (like last year).

CA needs to stop giving people reasons to ask for his head. He needs a big upset to reverse yesterday's loss and give people a reason to believe he will be successful.

Reactions: RUChoppin
CA needs to stop giving people reasons to ask for his head. He needs a big upset to reverse yesterday's loss and give people a reason to believe he will be successful.
A sideline that doesn't look like a Chinese fire drill would be a start. Seems like we're always trying to scramble for answers over there, instead of already having the solutions ready to go.

I really don't understand the fire Ash sentiment on this board. A lot of short term thinkers here.

Who is going to want to take the job after you fire a highly regarded Power 5 assistant after two/three years?

NO ONE worth anything. That's who.

Would you join an unstable company where they set you up to fail? I doubt it.

If Ash was an employee at will who would still keep him on today? He seems to be a decent recruiter but his on field performance has been horrendous. Due to his contract and the shafting the BIG is giving us financially we probably have him for four years. It is sobering.

Not to change the subject, but would Kill really prefer to be upstairs? If so, why doesn't Ash let him be where he wants to be? The announcers yesterday gave the impression that Kill wanted to be at field level, but I gather that's not so?

For 2 M a year we should have gotten an experienced head coach from a lower division. By hiring Kill Ash showed he really didn't know enough about offense to be the head man.

The problem with the EMU game was OC Kill. Do I blame coach Ash for bringing in Kill? No. Do I want coach Kill fired? No.

Yelling to fire the coach after every single loss is the most juvenile response of any sports fan. As bad as it feels walking out of that stadium after another kick in the groin, any mature adult can wait 24 hours to at least think about the season long term. It's a long season

Agree - Calling for him to be fired today doesn't make sense. At the same time, in light of the results to date it's not unreasonable for fans to have serious concerns.

Reactions: RUskoolie and RU-05
I really don't understand the fire Ash sentiment on this board. A lot of short term thinkers here.

Who is going to want to take the job after you fire a highly regarded Power 5 assistant after two/three years?

NO ONE worth anything. That's who.

Would you join an unstable company where they set you up to fail? I doubt it.

Sorry, but they said the same about basketball. 3 million per year in a great football state is not pennies.

Look at what the Pikiell staff has done and the players. Don't act like this is a terrible job. If you are the right person with the right staff, you can succeed.

Sorry, but they said the same about basketball. 3 million per year in a great football state is not pennies.

Look at what the Pikiell staff has done and the players. Don't act like this is a terrible job. If you are the right person with the right staff, you can succeed.

I thought everyone agreed that turning around a basketball program is easier than a football program, which has so many more players.

I'm not calling for his head. It's useless, as he isn't going anywhere for a few years if he does.

The record doesn't matter, but how we look and play, effort, game management, etc is being looked at.

Whatever goodwill and momentum was had from Washington was destroyed yesterday. Major fail.

Ash has a lot of work to do om game day. He coached lost yesterday and his team played like it.

let people talk about their frustrations, right now Ash has shown nothing to indicate he is turning it around , he still may but right now there are some indications that he has yet to grasp what it takes...in a year where 4-8 was best case scenerio...the possibility of being 1-11 is quite real and that can torpedo anything Ash attempts to build here

I thought everyone agreed that turning around a basketball program is easier than a football program, which has so many more players.

Sure, but you still need a coach, and they do not have to come from a top five program. They do not need to cost 6 mil/year either.
I would agree that a football program is harder, but a lot of the efforts are similar.

Right now, the marketing for the football program has been nowhere near what fans are seeing on the field. Yesterdays game was boring.

I like the direction Pikiell is going but not sure his last season is good measuring stick. I'm sure Ash can finish last in the B1G too.

let people talk about their frustrations, right now Ash has shown nothing to indicate he is turning it around , he still may but right now there are some indications that he has yet to grasp what it takes...in a year where 4-8 was best case scenerio...the possibility of being 1-11 is quite real and that can torpedo anything Ash attempts to build here

Exactly. I'm certainly not calling for his head and I have been a staunch support. Yesterday was extremely disappointing and certainly not indicative of any improvement. Hoping for better next week.

Reactions: bac2therac
Agree - Calling for him to be fired today doesn't make sense. At the same time, in light of the results to date it's not unreasonable for fans to have serious concerns.

After last night concerns like "Is Ash the right man for the job " .......leads to people saying " we need a new HC" .....

anyone who hacked into his stick anyone who hacked into his stick foolish to begin with however continuing to believe in the man that has been more than demonstrative of his lack of coaching ability is being pure stupidity its finest

A sideline that doesn't look like a Chinese fire drill would be a start. Seems like we're always trying to scramble for answers over there, instead of already having the solutions ready to go.
There was one play where the defense was looking at the sideline while EMU was lined up and ready to snap the ball. There was another play where 2 defensive linemen didn't know what the call was, and eventually lined up offside. There were numerous occasions where the offense was looking at the sideline while the play clock ran down, rushed to the line to get the play off when they finally got the call, and botched the execution entirely. There were other occasions where there was all kinds of disorganization after a timeout.

Unless Jimmy Johnson or Jon Gruden want to take over, I don't see Ash getting fired anytime soon. People really need to chill. The guy needs more time than 1 season and 2 games. (Don't get me wrong. He made some poor decisions yesterday.)

Reactions: RUskoolie
As a program, Rutgers should no longer allow itself to be one that provides on the job training. The hiring of Ash is made worse, because it is doubtful he has any loyalty to the school. Between the end of the season RU qualifies for its first bowl game and when the game is played, Ash will sign a contract with a bigger school.

That being said, we just have to hope and pray he learns how to do his job a whole lot faster than he currently is. Doesn't make sense to fire him until there is a clear replacement option and the money to pay for it. We are stuck with the hand we had been dealt. Replacing him with another cheap option would be just as bad as what we have gone through during his tenure.

Unless Jimmy Johnson or Jon Gruden want to take over, I don't see Ash getting fired anytime soon. People really need to chill. The guy needs more time than 1 season and 2 games. (Don't get me wrong. He made some poor decisions yesterday.)
" (Don't get me wrong. He made some poor decisions yesterday.)"
That needs to be called and criticized, demanding improvement from Ash and possibly the staff member involved ( if they had a hand in any of the poor decisions made).
There's nothing wrong with being skeptical about Ash being able to make RU FB a winning program the way the team has played under him.
But I agree he shouldn't be let go at this point in his tenure and should be given a mulligan for last year and this year because it's too soon to claim he's a failure.

But being held accountable for the mistakes he makes and holding his staff accountable as well is something every Rutgers fan should do if their expectations are hire than the mediocrity RU football has shown against the better programs it has faced.
RU FB fans also must end thoughts that losing by 16 points to a top program is a moral victory and a sign of progress, especially after the way RU played in their loss to EMU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT