ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgating on Sunday

As for Sunday…any reason to buy a Yellow parking permit in advance? Seems like it’s $16 online now, vs $15 cash as you pull in. Right?

Well apparently the Rutgers Club is sold out unless @zappaa is willing to put me and my friend on his guest list (hint hint); so I guess we'll be doing just that the green lot.

Rutgers Club has been sold out for every game, way in advance, all season long. They even put someone in the lobby to check to see if you have a reservation before they let you go upstairs where they check you in a 2nd time. Reservations needed to sit at the bar as well. I've been lucky to be there for every game this season.

I have one of those plastic ticket holders with the strap for around your neck.
I put a color photo copy of my license and my vaccination card inside and show it to the guy checking credentials and breeze right through.

I took a photo of my drivers license and covid card together. I just show them the photo on my phone to get in. Also a breeze to get in....and usually a compliment from the guy at the gate telling me it's a smart way to do it.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I just spoke to the Box Office. Tailgating and grilling are both absolutely allowed!

Reactions: Zak57
Rutgers Club has been sold out for every game, way in advance, all season long. They even put someone in the lobby to check to see if you have a reservation before they let you go upstairs where they check you in a 2nd time. Reservations needed to sit at the bar as well. I've been lucky to be there for every game this season.

I took a photo of my drivers license and covid card together. I just show them the photo on my phone to get in. Also a breeze to get in....and usually a compliment from the guy at the gate telling me it's a smart way to do it.
Yes that's exactly what the person I spoke to said. He also said someone could add me and my friend to an existing reservation and get in.
Just imagine if Rutgers had simply put up a nice size enclosed tent by the RAC and offered food and beverage. Or even a fleet of food trucks and just sold beverages in it. Demand is clearly there for a program always looking for cash.
Another thing in this world I just don't get. Could have been doing for years. Easy $$$$.

FYI - Tailgating only allowed in the Yellow Lot, not the Green lot.

Sorry. Worry about your own ass. Why don't you just answer the question I've now asked 3 times. How long should I expect to get thru the covid vax proof line. Then perhaps I can plan when my butt meets plastic.
Give 15-20 minutes if near game time.

Last edited:
No green lot tailgating?

love Rutgers but sometimes they’re beyond tone deaf

Biggest donors park there
One of, if not the most important home games in years
99 % of people won’t be partaking
Lot used for FB parking (tailgating)
70 degree March day
Bball momentum not seen in years
Senior day
Win and possibly in
Playing the Nitts

APC 2nd floor w roof overhead I agree no grills.

Green lot w nothing but clear skies and a sunshine? To quote MNF “c’mon man!”

Last edited:
Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Traffic has been horrible the last few games. Get here early and take a back way in.

Is that right? WTF? Why?
Screw that. If I want to sit behind my car for an hour eating a sandwich go ahead and let them try to arrest me.
I don’t think anyone would bother for that. I think they just don’t want people taking up extra spots.

No green lot tailgating?

love Rutgers but sometimes they’re beyond tone deaf

Biggest donors park there
One of, if not the most important home games in years
99 % of people won’t be partaking
Lot used for FB parking (tailgating)
70 degree March day
Bball momentum not seen in years
Senior day
Win and possibly in
Playing the Nitts

APC 2nd floor w roof overhead I agree no grills.

Green lot w nothing but clear skies and a sunshine? To quote MNF “c’mon man!”
Again, it’s probably because of what you cited. People donate extra to be there and if you show up and can’t park because spots are taken by grill set ups, people are going to be pissed.

Thank goodness the game is Sunday. Wednesday night the back way for Illinois the university inexplicably had Hospital road closed for Ingres, only letting commuters out. This was 20 mins to tip. Had everyone coming from that way going into 1 lane down by the apartments. Just unreal planning

Thank goodness the game is Sunday. Wednesday night the back way for Illinois the university inexplicably had Hospital road closed for Ingres, only letting commuters out. This was 20 mins to tip. Had everyone coming from that way going into 1 lane down by the apartments. Just unreal planning
They have been doing that a lot in recent years and I never understood it.

Again, it’s probably because of what you cited. People donate extra to be there and if you show up and can’t park because spots are taken by grill set ups, people are going to be pissed.
yes that wouldn't be right. But I have a hard time thinking folks would go all out like that. It would make travel thru the lot impossible. Yea I am truly talking about "tailgating". Lid up for the drizzle, two chairs tucked under and into bumper eating off the deck.

The entrance on the side near the front of the arena is much more manageable if you can get it to it.

Reactions: ScarletDave
You don't have to get a wrist band? You show your proof at the same time as your Tix?
Yes.. Thank You!
when i was at wrestling, you showed the vaccination stuff separately prior to going through the arena doors to show your game tickets. maybe its diff now? or for basketball?

when i was at wrestling, you showed the vaccination stuff separately prior to going through the arena doors to show your game tickets. maybe its diff now? or for basketball?
Same. They check the vax earlier, then you go in with your ticket.

Bumping this one
Hoping for clear skies, but if it opens up, moving the operation inside the car
To quote Ole Miss fans "we never lose a tailgate"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT