ADVERTISEMENT

Team staying in Indianapolis

Big mistake- could be home by Saturday afternoon and go back Thursday.
Idk if you've looked outside in the past year, but there is a pandemic going on. Explain to me what negative effect this has on us or the team? Go on..I'd love to hear some bull**** this morning

So are an extra wee k of hotel rooms for 34 “tier 1” personnel! But yes, staying is the right move.
I believe the B1G pays for this out of the pooled money all B1G teams make for making the tournament. Then what’s left over gets divided amomgst the 14 teams. This isn’t costing Rutgers a dime.

here's a question....what about practicing? Are the guys just gonna be laying around their hotel rooms watching TV and eating room service or what? Seems like it would be hard to even have a workout.

Disagree completely. Less traveling, which should be good for the team, plus it means less chance of COVID and classes are almost completely virtual, so that shouldn't be an issue. I think it's actually a pretty smart move.
Could be 8 days between games. If team is home it would have all the benefits vs. road - film room, court for practice whenever needed, training rooms, etc.

Could be 8 days between games. If team is home it would have all the benefits vs. road - film room, court for practice whenever needed, training rooms, etc.
So you believe the guys will have no resources if they stay there. Are you dumb?

An huge advantage of being in the Big 10 is that they are staying in Big 10 territory and I would imagine that the conference will do its part to take care of its teams that are expected to get a bid and staying in Indianapolis this week.

So are an extra week of hotel rooms for 34 “tier 1” personnel! But yes, staying is the right move.
Staying in a hotel will be less expensive than a 40 seat charter flight home then back to Indianapolis and home again.

I'm sure that's part of the reason why the BIG moved its tournament from Chicago to Indianapolis so it's team could bubble there and get their testing done etc.

Surely a dozen or so different dynamics that factored into that decision. Pretty sure they thought it through.
I dunno, did they even vet this with King of S or this message board first? If not, I’m very concerned. 😂

They are on spring break now. I was just figuring it might be easier to practice from our facility and go back.

Staying in a hotel will be less expensive than a 40 seat charter flight home then back to Indianapolis and home again.

I'm sure that's part of the reason why the BIG moved its tournament from Chicago to Indianapolis so it's team could bubble there and get their testing done etc.
Yep. About 20k each way

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT