ADVERTISEMENT

The official OT: topic thread

zappaa

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Montclair NJ
What what you like to know about, and could responders share their first hand experience.

Can anyone tell me about quicksand?

Quicksand isn't as dangerous as most people are led to believe.

How many pot holes are created during the plowing of a 4" snowfall?

Originally posted by RutgersRaRa:
Is it a european road or here in the US?

Why do fat people go on the ab machine in the gym when for them to get ANY benefit to using it they first must radically change their diet and lose weight

I could ride my bike no handed or skateboard one mile to and from school in the late 60s. If I tried it today I wouldn't make it 50 feet without submerging into a pothole and hurting myself.

Shouldn't our roads be better than they were 50 years ago? Why do our roads look like they've been hit by Grenades?

Originally posted by Veiox:

Is it a european road or here in the US?
You also have to consider where in the US. Asphalt in states with warmer climates typically have a greater amount of oil to help tolerate the heat, which makes the asphalt softer. Plowing will create more potholes in NJ compared to Colorado, for example.

Any news on how offseason QB workouts are going?

When does Spring Practice start?

How come you can be overwhelmed and you can be underwhelmed, but you can't just be whelmed?

Originally posted by ClassOf02:
How come you can be overwhelmed and you can be underwhelmed, but you can't just be whelmed?
I think you can be just whelmed.

Example: "RU hoops is not whelmed by NCAA tournament appearances"

This post was edited on 3/19 12:27 PM by B1GRU91

Originally posted by B1GRU91:
Really? I've never heard anyone say "I'm pretty whelmed today." I mean, maybe you can be. I'm not going to go through the dictionary or anything. It's just funny that it's a root word that only is used when describing the extreme.

Originally posted by B1GRU91:

Really? I've never heard anyone say "I'm pretty whelmed today." I mean, maybe you can be. I'm not going to go through the dictionary or anything. It's just funny that it's a root word that only is used when describing the extreme.
It's what happens if you are both overwhelmed and underwhelmed at the same time!

Originally posted by zappaa:
What what you like to know about, and could responders share their first hand experience.

quicksand- it is a little coarse for my equalizer - I found the best way is to use one of those big straws like you get for a big gulp - gives me a major headache too

I drink water during the day and my pee is yellow; I drink beer at night and my pee is clear. Please explain.

With two sanders, you can put both hands
to work and, well, sand twice as fast
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by bac2therac:

Why do fat people go on the ab machine in the gym when for them to get ANY benefit to using it they first must radically change their diet and lose weight
They want to work their glamour muscles.....

also, they don't understand that weight loss is probably 80% diet and 20% exercise (my %s may be slightly off, but the principle stands).

exercise is one of the last steps, self restraint is the very first.

Originally posted by Rutgers 2004:

also, they don't understand that weight loss is probably 80% diet and 20% exercise
This is not entirely accurate. Weight loss is simply a function of burning more calories than one consumes. Theoretically once could lose weight while eating 4000 calories a day, provided they doing exercise that burns more than 4000 calories each day. That said, for most people it is A LOT easier to cut down on the number of calories consumed than it is to significantly increase their activity level.

I have encountered quicksand in the pine barrens. A friend parked his truck on mostly dry ground and 20 minutes later it was sunk to the axles.

in the 1947 movie "the red house" the main character dies in the end getting swallowed up by quicksand, leaving only a hat behind, I believe....scared the crap out of me seeing that as a youngster, years later upon viewing.
This post was edited on 3/23 1:45 AM by wheezer

Why won't our government tell us the truth about UFO's and who really killed JFK?

See 'em all the time.

Also - never, ever use a hand-held belt sander while wearing gym shorts.

Originally posted by RU4Real:
See 'em all the time.

Also - never, ever use a hand-held belt sander while wearing gym shorts.
roll.r191677.gif

Great thread topic, OT: Never Do This
Don't eat Vodka sauce on a picnic with no bathroom available.

NJ town names.....Brick........Wall.....Wayne.......Newton.......cosmic coincidence or is there more to the story, as some ancient Aline theorists suggest......

Originally posted by fezo:
The aliens killed JFK of course.
Must be true, it's in the NY Post. http://nypost.com/2015/03/22/aliens-killed-kennedy-and-other-wild-tales-of-ufos-vs-the-usa/
kennedy.jpg

This post was edited on 3/23 3:44 PM by Exit117

aliens killed JFK

Originally posted by RUTGERZ_R00LZ:

I drink water during the day and my pee is yellow; I drink beer at night and my pee is clear. Please explain.
Alcohol is a diuretic so the more you drink, the more water your body ejects. After going a few times there's nothing left to clean out of your system so all you see is clear liquid.

Originally posted by bac2therac:

Because they probably aren't educated enough to understand that. I have a fat guy at work, which in L.A, is an abnormality. He rides his bike a millions miles every weekend, and can't understand why he isn't losing weight. Is it that hard to figure out when is eating a whole pizza himself for lunch?

Most fatties have no one to blame but themselves. To be that big, you have to have a serious high caloric diet of bad stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT