ADVERTISEMENT

The RAC and Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.
case numbers may be bad this winter due to virology. Nothing to do with vaxes
Yes Def agree you are correct

But the April waning vaccines also come into play. This contributed to ltc outbreaks last month?

Yes Def agree you are correct

But the April waning vaccines also come into play. This contributed to ltc outbreaks last month?

i don’t think it contributed that much. I think the variant is was the main contributor

Reactions: toby83
That's interesting to me. My guess is the ticket rep is not really in the know, just saying what you want to hear, based on past complaints about ticket reps. You cannot enter a Rutgers on-campus building without a mask currently. I'm not taking sides here, but if they suspend that rule for basketball games, they will not be able to enforce it in other buildings going forward.
IIRC there was a mask mandate in place for the spring football game. If so it WAS NOT enforced. Yet we see mandates alive an well on campus as we speak.

They will be required everywhere

Seems there were lot of April vaccinations

Those wear off in nov/Dec so case no's will look bad

there is no data that yet says how much protection has been lost, in fact the early data on J&J said that the vax didnt lose any of its effectiveness

Source​

American Academy of Pediatrics

Summary of Findings (data available as of 9/30/21) :​

Cumulative Number of Child COVID-19 Cases*​

• 5,899,148 total child COVID-19 cases reported, and children represented 16.2% (5,899,148/36,501,460) of all cases
  • Overall rate: 7,838 cases per 100,000 children in the population

Change in Child COVID-19 Cases*​

• 173,469 child COVID-19 cases were reported the past week from 9/23/21-9/30/21 (5,725,680 to 5,899,148) and children represented 26.7% (173,469/648,881) of the weekly reported cases
  • Over two weeks, 9/16/21-9/30/21, there was an 7% increase in the cumulated number of child COVID-19 cases since the beginning of the pandemic (380,333 cases added (5,518,815 to 5,899,148))

https://www.aap.org/en/pages/2019-n...children-and-covid-19-state-level-data-report

give me the deaths...shh I already have these numbers

Sounds to me like you spend all your time talking to likeminded people in a bubble. Which would make sense ...talking to non-likeminded people is just a big argument waiting to happen. Just don't present your bubble conversations as evidence.
[/QUOTE]

Nah, your wrong as usual.

I talk to all the teachers I work with who overwhelmingly no longer wish to wear masks.

I speak to people from all throughout the world at my second job, the majority do not wish to wear masks. It seems to me that the 65 and under crowd do not want mask mandates. The more vulnerable part of the population wants to wear masks, which is fine. Now educate them and tell them to wear properly fitting surgical masks or N95's. Why do I see so much of the vulnerable population wearing crap cloth masks?

Very few things, if any, can be considered 100% effective and the vax is not a cure all, but a good way to possibly prevent catching the virus and if a vax person does, the effect is far less devastating than a non vaxed person winds up with.
But vaxed people can still catch the virus but have a better chance not to than a non vaxed person when breathing in contaminated air.
Non vaxed make up most of the deaths from the virus .

Some masks protect the wearer from breathing out and/or breathing in contaminated air..
But most cloth masks are only effective keeping the wearer from contaminating others with their breath. They don't prevent being infected by someone who have Covid 19 and breaths out the virus particles
So in essence wearing a cloth mask is for the protection of others in case you're infected , even if slightly, and trying to be a good neighbor .
Sometimes the symptoms can be real mild and you won't know you have it, but if someone catches it from you, what they caught from you might just be life threatening.

The majority of masks worn are more about protecting others while receiving the vax is more about protecting yourself.
Receiving the vax does afford protection, but not 100% worth.

I agree with the information in your post.

I will say again if people are very concerned with catching the disease, then it should be up to THEM, Not Others, to properly protect themselves by limiting what they do and by wearing properly fitted face masks.

The absolute worst is when ushers, flight attendants, teachers, store clerks, etc feel somehow EMPOWERED to reprimand you regarding your mask. Never seen such head swell for those in position for first time in their lives. Those are the group that deep down hope this never ends.

Reactions: Rutgers36
R0 down to 0.91 in the state and dropping. This is with schools and the state fully open. Last year this time we were in exponential growth. This is great news but is never reported.

Reactions: Rutgers36
Sounds to me like you spend all your time talking to likeminded people in a bubble. Which would make sense ...talking to non-likeminded people is just a big argument waiting to happen. Just don't present your bubble conversations as evidence.

Nah, your wrong as usual.

I talk to all the teachers I work with who overwhelmingly no longer wish to wear masks.

I speak to people from all throughout the world at my second job, the majority do not wish to wear masks. It seems to me that the 65 and under crowd do not want mask mandates. The more vulnerable part of the population wants to wear masks, which is fine. Now educate them and tell them to wear properly fitting surgical masks or N95's. Why do I see so much of the vulnerable population wearing crap cloth masks?
[/QUOTE]

Nah, that proved me right, as usual. And it's *you're, as always.

Perfectly happy for the vulnerable to wear N95s. I would if I were vulnerable, particularly if I couldn't vax. Seems like common sense, and they're easy to find now, online at least

That doesn't really change anything else, however.

Do lollipops count as food?

Can’t enjoy one wearing a mask.

A few lollipops can last a whole game.

If you're 10 years old ...which is about the mental and emotional age of the average anti-masker, so yeah, that'll probably work!

IIRC there was a mask mandate in place for the spring football game. If so it WAS NOT enforced. Yet we see mandates alive an well on campus as we speak.

Went on a college tour trip with my son in August into September. Visited colleges in DC, Delaware, NC and SC on top of RU. All colleges visited had indoor mask mandates on campus. I cant comment on enforcement for things loke the spring game but people here complaining like its only RU when the rules are widespread.

Reactions: fsg2
The absolute worst is when ushers, flight attendants, teachers, store clerks, etc feel somehow EMPOWERED to reprimand you regarding your mask. Never seen such head swell for those in position for first time in their lives. Those are the group that deep down hope this never ends.

Nah, the absolute worst is when unhinged nut bags get their egos so bruised they physically attack low-paid workers simply doing their jobs.

Now we know that's definitely you.

Was it the 16-year-old girl at Wawa or the student teacher at your kid's school? Both? We know it wasn't a grown man.

give me the deaths...shh I already have these numbers
Read the article, don't talk about what you think is not there before implying it doesn't have a number you feel is important.
in article from the American Academy of Pediatrics dated 10/04/2021 is:

Mortality (45 states, NYC, PR and GU reported)​

As for the numbers you claim to know, I'm sure you do, but that doesn't mean you accept them if those numbers don't fit your beliefs..

This number you claim to know and it should bother you, if not scare, and every parent.
173,469 child COVID-19 cases were reported the past week from 9/23/21-9/30/21 (5,725,680 to 5,899,148) and children represented 26.7% (173,469/648,881) of the weekly reported cases

do you feel the same when those same people are makling sure no one is smoking around you or refusing entry to people without shoes and or shirts..
Are cops at their worst when they enforce child seats in cars.
Could it be that it's the rude self centered people that go maskless to places that have a mask policy are to blame for being reminded about needing a mask by the people whose job is to make sure company policy is enforced .

Seems like the victims in your rant aren't the thoughtless but the people whose job is to make sure the thoughtless are reminded to think

• Haha
Reactions: bac2therac and fsg2
Nah, the absolute worst is when unhinged nut bags get their egos so bruised they physically attack low-paid workers simply doing their jobs.

Now we know that's definitely you.

Was it the 16-year-old girl at Wawa or the student teacher at your kid's school? Both? We know it wasn't a grown man.
Wow strong stuff keep up good fight

Reactions: bac2therac
Why is it so hard to wear a mask indoors to protect the vulnerable? Children under 12 cannot be vaccinated and while people say they are not likely to develop serious disease, no one knows whether they will have long term consequences after infection. What if they develop long haul symptoms - heart or lung issues that they will carry with them for life? Is the virus cleared from the body or does it behave like the varicella, HPV, HIV, Epstein Barr and cytomegaloviruses and stay within the body only to emerge later? Or, God forbid, does it behave like prions that implant within brain tissue and cause death years later. We don't know the answers yet. The selfishness of some people these days is really just astounding and so un-American.

Reactions: Rutgers56
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT