ADVERTISEMENT

THESE are the games that will define O.C.

What an incredibly pre-mature post and incredibly ridiculous response. I expect better from both of you guy com’on.
The last 3 drives of the second half he ran a “normal” offense and his play calling was awesome (until we got to the red zone). The first half the trick plays on the 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 were horrible, when the Langan play hadn’t gotten less than 1 yard all year. Even the 4th and 3 when Langan ran and got stuffed, was because he had him run the read option. When its 3rd or 4th and 2/1, just snap it to Langan and run straight ahead and get the first down (or hand it to Pacheco up the middle) … so often we get “cute” on 3rd and 4th and short, and it hardly EVER works, versus when we run “traditional” O we move the ball. Other than that I have no problem with the rest of the play calling, including trick plays (when not on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1)

Per this thread. Starters was like 83 stars to 60 stars. Would have to check, but with 22 starters that is 3.77 star avg. vs. 2.72 star avg.

The last 3 drives of the second half he ran a “normal” offense and his play calling was awesome (until we got to the red zone). The first half the trick plays on the 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 were horrible, when the Langan play hadn’t gotten less than 1 yard all year. Even the 4th and 3 when Langan ran and got stuffed, was because he had him run the read option. When its 3rd or 4th and 2/1, just snap it to Langan and run straight ahead and get the first down (or hand it to Pacheco up the middle) … so often we get “cute” on 3rd and 4th and short, and it hardly EVER works, versus when we run “traditional” O we move the ball. Other than that I have no problem with the rest of the play calling, including trick plays (when not on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1)
The trick play with the illegal formation probably would have worked. The players on the right side just lined up too far off the LOS. Just an execution mistake. The faked confusion quick snap play, it just didn't fool them. Still might have had a chance if the snap wasn't bobbled.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT