ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket prices the same for football, but required donation for the lots is up

I’m not surprised how little the average fans donate. I am shocked how little the diehard fans donate.

Whatever. I'm a big fan, but I don't have the energy or resources to be an epic doner (hyperbole so save it) just to get to games for a bit above average team.

We may be diehards but we aren't stupid. The 30 dollar basketball parking is already a joke. I'm not sure how many more nickles and dimes every damn entity in this country can try and squeeze out of the middle class from every angle.

College football may have always been a business for the bluest of blue bloods, but it was more than that at other schools, now, like every other damn thing, it's becoming more about business and corporatization than anything else. I'm just exhausted by it.
I don't know why, but yesterday, reading this thread, I finally got to the point where I wrote an email to Hobbs about parking at football and basketball. He won't read it, I'll get no response, and nothing will change, but at least I felt better for about a half hour.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
I don't know why, but yesterday, reading this thread, I finally got to the point where I wrote an email to Hobbs about parking at football and basketball. He won't read it, I'll get no response, and nothing will change, but at least I felt better for about a half hour.

Never a bad thing to voice yourself, whether they listen or not. It's not just RU. But I'm really reaching a boiling point with how much large wealthy entities continue to squeeze people.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Or consider: Greek Church, Johnson Park, or street parking across Landing Lane Bridge ( the walk to the South Gate is actually a shorter walk than the Black lot to the Stadium).
Parking behind the student center on college Ave was always easy. Could even find a free street spot from time to time. Nice little bus ride over to Johnson park.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
It happened again. They called me about tickets. Told them yes, last girl left and never heard back last year. It’s been a year since the girl there sent her last email. This time it was a guy.

Email me, this is what I want. Have not heard anything back. It’s been maybe a week? He knew my email address.

If you wonder why they don’t sell more season tickets that might be your answer. I am not begging for tickets. Someone has to follow up. This has been going on a long time. They kept changing the point system.
Then they messed up my parking pass. Sent me the wrong lot. Jacked up the prices for Ash. He was a complete joke. It’s a mess.

Last edited:
Reactions: RutgersBandAlum
Johnson Park is never assured given its propensity for flooding.
That Lot is subject to availability. Back up plans with flexibility is needed by fans without Season Parking. Not that difficult to find game day parking besides the Johnson Park: Greek Church, numerous homes near the Greek Church, countless street parking across Landing Lane Bridge, RAC, etc.

That Lot is subject to availability. Back up plans with flexibility is needed by fans without Season Parking. Not that difficult to find game day parking besides the Johnson Park: Greek Church, numerous homes near the Greek Church, countless street parking across Landing Lane Bridge, RAC, etc.
Gonna be much harder to find such parking as yellow and blue go away.

Since I have not seen one and do not know, Is there a timeline for the construction on yellow and blue and when they will be removed from the parking selection?

Since I have not seen one and do not know, Is there a timeline for the construction on yellow and blue and when they will be removed from the parking selection?
On the last or one previous Knight Report podcast, thought that the Blue lot may be gone in the fall (or after the 2024 season). Yellow lot, they said 3 years until shovels in ground.

Anybody that says parking on the golf course is "only 7 days a year" and "if Michigan can do it we can do it" - is kidding themselves.

On the last or one previous Knight Report podcast, thought that the Blue lot may be gone in the fall (or after the 2024 season). Yellow lot, they said 3 years until shovels in ground.

Yup.
They said we already have the money for the lacrosse turf and that'll be built first.
The rest (stands etc.) will come afterwards.

Waste of money, IMO. Don't care if anyone agrees or not. Have at it.
It doesn't matter if you, me, or anyone else thinks it's a waste of money. Funds already have been donated for the sole purpose of laying down/constructing the lacrosse turf/venue. Hence, it is the project that will be worked on in the most timely fashion.

It doesn't matter if you, me, or anyone else thinks it's a waste of money. Funds already have been donated for the sole purpose of laying down/constructing the lacrosse turf/venue. Hence, it is the project that will be worked on in the most timely fashion.
And this is what I mean - it sounds like someone donated money and said "I want this", and since the AD is so hard up for money the project has now moved to "it's happening, too bad" without the proper planning.

Where is the master plan that was started in 2020???

Compare our prices to the competition, and you’ll find our pricing is very reasonable. The Scarlet Lot equivalent at Michigan requires a $25K donation. The university of Florida equivalent is a $50K donation. Football Success requires resources and football tickets and donations are one of the few levers the department has to pull.

We’re paying for a better product.
Are we?

Reactions: RutgersBandAlum
Anybody that says parking on the golf course is "only 7 days a year" and "if Michigan can do it we can do it" - is kidding themselves.
I've never been to Michigan but looking at the aerial map the golf course is across the street from the stadium and i guess when you have 100K attendance you find a way to put cars close... on a golf course..
seems like a lot of work if that if this is what RU is proposing..

agree for only 7 days and what happens to the golf course...and what happens with significant rain?

$50 Gameday parking....
https://mgoblue.com/sports/2017/6/16/michigan_football_parking_inventory

https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/.../fbl_parking_map.pdf?timestamp=20230620122804

We are. From top to bottom, this is a more talented, deeper, team than we’ve ever been. And this is the best coaching staff we ever had. So things are looking good for us to have a good season.
Totally agree with you here. The biggest question mark is at the most important position. Hoping it all comes together in 2024.

I've never been to Michigan but looking at the aerial map the golf course is across the street from the stadium and i guess when you have 100K attendance you find a way to put cars close... on a golf course..
seems like a lot of work if that if this is what RU is proposing..

agree for only 7 days and what happens to the golf course...and what happens with significant rain?

$50 Gameday parking....
https://mgoblue.com/sports/2017/6/16/michigan_football_parking_inventory

https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/.../fbl_parking_map.pdf?timestamp=20230620122804

We parked on the golf course when we went to Ann Arbor. They have the system down pat.

Reactions: bac2therac
While I get the team has sucked for the majority of our lifetimes and the lone bright spot for many was the tailgating aspect, a fieldhouse is badly needed, and buildings for other sports (lax) is needed as well

As has been stated numerous times, we have some of most abundant and closest tailgating out of any school I've seen

Yellow and Blue will take a hit, we have the space to make adjustments

Behind Yursak near the road - never used, open it up
Johnson Park 90 % of the time
All the colored lots on Busch
Other lots on campus not used
IM field
Field behind IM field
Front lawn of Werbin Center
Rac
Golf course
Greek church
Numerous lawns
Buecclich park
New Brunswick
Colgate Palmolive - nobody has mentioned that, but it's viable if we ever got that big
Corner of Hoes lane and River Rd - large house has been demolished, prime land
Area where first responders used to park

If we want big time college football, sacrifices need to be made

Ideally they'd turn Easton Around avenue and class it up, and make the bar destination the day of the game a viable alterntative as well

Am I the only one 100% against parking on the golf course? It will completely ruin the course, and it will mean golfers can't use it on game days. Hard pass.
doesn't RU host the hs championship on the course?

While I get the team has sucked for the majority of our lifetimes and the lone bright spot for many was the tailgating aspect, a fieldhouse is badly needed, and buildings for other sports (lax) is needed as well

As has been stated numerous times, we have some of most abundant and closest tailgating out of any school I've seen

Yellow and Blue will take a hit, we have the space to make adjustments

Behind Yursak near the road - never used, open it up
Johnson Park 90 % of the time
All the colored lots on Busch
Other lots on campus not used
IM field
Field behind IM field
Front lawn of Werbin Center
Rac
Golf course
Greek church
Numerous lawns
Buecclich park
New Brunswick
Colgate Palmolive - nobody has mentioned that, but it's viable if we ever got that big
Corner of Hoes lane and River Rd - large house has been demolished, prime land
Area where first responders used to park

If we want big time college football, sacrifices need to be made

Ideally they'd turn Easton Around avenue and class it up, and make the bar destination the day of the game a viable alterntative as well
the issues two fold; RU is killing a cash cow to waste funds to build where it's not needed and there is other space around Bush and Livingston to build out if they decide to do so.

Parking is going to be a big big issue and RU's view is to provide bussing? hard no, not worth the trouble at all

No flame here, but how do they do it at Michigan (with much worse weather snow wise) and the Rose Bowl?
I attended a game at Michigan and we walked over to the golf course to experience that tailgate scene. If you don't mind chewed up fairways, it's fine. I do occasionally play golf (poorly) at RU, and it's usually very well maintained. I wouldn't want to see it ruined.

Am I the only one 100% against parking on the golf course? It will completely ruin the course, and it will mean golfers can't use it on game days. Hard pass.
Really the question would be answered is what is expected revenue over the course of that week with golf rounds, and does this surpass this, allowing for remediation.

Really the question would be answered is what is expected revenue over the course of that week with golf rounds, and does this surpass this, allowing for remediation.
I'm not so concerned about revenue. Don't kill me here on a football board, but why do football fans think they should get to take over everything on game days? Golfers want to play. Thats why the course is there. It should be available to them.

the issues two fold; RU is killing a cash cow to waste funds to build where it's not needed and there is other space around Bush and Livingston to build out if they decide to do so.

Parking is going to be a big big issue and RU's view is to provide bussing? hard no, not worth the trouble at all
The Fieldhouse needs to be near the stadium, and lacrosse needs to be near Rodkin

Throw in eventually expanding hail to make it a true football operations center commensurate with the big boys and we’re going to lose even more parking

I attended a game at Michigan and we walked over to the golf course to experience that tailgate scene. If you don't mind chewed up fairways, it's fine. I do occasionally play golf (poorly) at RU, and it's usually very well maintained. I wouldn't want to see it ruined.
Unfortunately, that is the cost of big-time college football

Something has to give, and they need to put the Fieldhouse near the stadium

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT