ADVERTISEMENT

Todays loss on pike 10 million percent

Woolfolk was useless...again. Cliff made Payne look like Moses Malone. Hyatt atrocious. We could not press them....they too fast. They hit 3s...we still dont.
I think you are wrong about the press. The press was very effective in the last 3 minutes when RU finally played with the required defensive intensity.

Every team is gonna have offensive woes throughout the course of a season. But not having guys who can consistently get offense really hurts you on those nights.

We don’t have Ron Harper Jr anymore. But we have his brother soon!
It's funny because you used to complain about the offense and Pike's coaching when we had RHJ too.

Reactions: S_Janowski
I think you are wrong about the press. The press was very effective in the last 3 minutes when RU finally played with the required defensive intensity.
The peeps around me are saying, why didn’t we play defense like this the whole game?? Lololololololol!!

I find it amazing that many fans can’t see the intense energy that kind of D requires, and the immediate toll it takes on your body. And after you expend all of that energy, why is it so difficult to loft a ball through an hoop 22 feet away with a defender in your face. Also, that kind of D can be extremely foul prone.

Basketball is a great game.

Reactions: RU-ROCS
For my detractors - did you actually watch the game and see Pike’s old nemesis, mind numbing substitutions? You were okay with Woolfolk getting extended time?
Wolf played 8 minutes. Is that extended? Should Cliff play 40? Wolf had as many points, steals, and blocks in those 8 minutes as Ogbole (who I'm assuming you wanted to see) has in his last 32 minutes. Their centers had a field day against Cliff, and you blame the few minutes the undersized back up got? I'll assume you were one who blamed the four minutes we'd give Palm for losses earlier in the season too.

Pike should play the players who will win the game imo. The players he played lost the game ergo they were the wrong players.
Perhaps.

But the coaches have a vastly better perspective on who to play, at any given time, than we fans do. There are going to be good reasons they played who they played for the time they played them. We have no way to know what all those reasons might have been.

And while coaches can sometimes shed light on that in post-game press-conferences, there are things they won’t share with the public. As I said earlier, we don’t know what we don’t know.

Think about it. The coaches can see everything we fans see. If a player is struggling, and we see it, they see it too. If there are other players we think should go into the game, but the coaches don’t put them in, it’s because they know something we don’t.

It’s a safe bet it’s not because we are better at subbing than the coaches.

Reactions: ancienthooper
Perhaps.

But the coaches have a vastly better perspective on who to play, at any given time, than we fans do. There are going to be good reasons they played who they played for the time they played them. We have no way to know what all those reasons might have been.

And while coaches can sometimes shed light on that in post-game press-conferences, there are things they won’t share with the public. As I said earlier, we don’t know what we don’t know.

Think about it. The coaches can see everything we fans see. If a player is struggling, and we see it, they see it too. If there are other players we think should go into the game, but the coaches don’t put them in, it’s because they know something we don’t.

This type of sane, rational thinking seems oddly out of place in this thread.

Perhaps.

I didn’t read this nonsense. They lost, therefore they were the wrong players. The logic is unimpeachable.

I didn’t read this nonsense. They lost, therefore they were the wrong players. The logic is unimpeachable.
🤣

They might’ve been the wrong players to win that game on that day. But they were still the best players the coaches could use at the time.

🤣

They might’ve been the wrong players to win that game on that day. But they were still the best players the coaches could use at the time.
They were definitely the wrong players to win that game on that day. I’m not sure if you’re aware, but that game happened in the past and they’ve already lost. They have a 0% chance of winning. No other combinations of players have lost the game, so their probabilities of winning are all greater than 0%. So Pike’s an idiot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT