ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight Labor Day- Tenn vs Ga. Tech

Tech QB with 33 carries already (GT QB record) and they have the ball with nearly 8-minutes left! Yikes!

I'm guessing 3 things:
Atlanta is a Pro town, all the state of Tenn has is UT football.
UT is a much bigger school w a much bigger alum base (29,000 vs 13,500)
U of Georgia is the most popular CFB team in GA , not Ga Tech.

All that being said, pretty weak for Ga Tech students, fans and alums

Your third guess is the correct one. When I lived down there, unless you were a Ga Tech alumni or student, you rooted for the Bulldogs. Even folks who lived in the Atlanta metro area.

Despite being in GaTech's backyard, I believe this is a Tennessee home game. Explains attendance?

Despite being in GaTech's backyard, I believe this is a Tennessee home game. Explains attendance?

Ga Tech is listed as the home team in the box score.

The Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game averages more than 66,000 fans per game - higher than 30 bowl games from last year - and its team payout averages $4.3 million which is higher than 21 bowl games last season. Television viewership is also traditionally strong with more than 40 million viewers tuning in to the series since 2008.

"For each game, the majority of the tickets will be divided between the two teams, creating a true neutral-site environment. All tickets will be sold through the university ticket offices.

The teams will battle for The Old Leather Helmet Trophy, one of college football's iconic rivalry-game trophies. Traditionally, winners of The Old Leather Helmet don the helmet on the field after the game, starting with the head coach and then rotating from player to player
as the team celebrates its victory."

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072015aab.html

Guarantano looked disappointed that they just scored. What a douche bag.

He's going to blow a gasket if they pull it out and win. I think his sideline attitude tonight kept him out in the 2nd half.

ESPN keeps cutting to JG sulking and looking bratty on the sideline. All game long. It's been a theme of this broadcast for sure.

There's something going on with that. ESPN has decided to make him out to be the douche de jour for some reason, and it didn't start with the game, this was in the hopper before the opening kickoff. No other reason they'd have a camera on him to catch him at his worst at every opportunity.

Ga Tech is listed as the home team in the box score.

The Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game averages more than 66,000 fans per game - higher than 30 bowl games from last year - and its team payout averages $4.3 million which is higher than 21 bowl games last season. Television viewership is also traditionally strong with more than 40 million viewers tuning in to the series since 2008.

"For each game, the majority of the tickets will be divided between the two teams, creating a true neutral-site environment. All tickets will be sold through the university ticket offices.

The teams will battle for The Old Leather Helmet Trophy, one of college football's iconic rivalry-game trophies. Traditionally, winners of The Old Leather Helmet don the helmet on the field after the game, starting with the head coach and then rotating from player to player
as the team celebrates its victory."

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072015aab.html
Gotcha, thanks.

Kelly is a really good looking RB for the Vols.

Marshall playing great for a guy making his first-ever start.

Wow that was dangerous to extend the football on 1st down... but it should be called a TD.

I think he caught the pass before it hit the turf, but was stopped inches short of the goal line anyway. Classic game. Tech had it in control until that critical second fumble.

Butch wants to be 1-0 next week.

How long until there are as many pre-season bowl games as post-season? With no conference tie-ins, the bowl committees can hand pick whatever teams they like in order to make the most $$$. The Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl has had this one for a while, but now the AT&T Cotton Bowl has one, the Advocare Texas Bowl has one, heck this year even the Belk Bowl had one! How long until we see the "Vizio 'Rose Kickoff Classic" ... college football should be in the on-campus stadiums, the fans wait all summer to get back to campus for the big game, not go to these $tadiums to tailgate in parking lots, and the bowls should reward the teams with the best records, not the biggest names like these games.

Watching these kickoff games this week, I was thinking that I hope Rutgers gets to play in one of these soon.

As long as it's not at Yankee Stadium, of course. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Georgia tech gave a clinic on how to lose a game it clearly should have won. Poor ball protection and lousy special teams cost them a game that was in their pocket.

By now Butch must know about JG and his attitude during this game..... two things......

JG did not take the opportunity to get involved with
the coaches, play calling, learning, supporting the team, whatever....this could not sit
well with the head coach

also, it must be a bit of an embarrassment that a player becomes disconnected during a game, and it is mentioned several times on national tv...

Butch appears to be a high strung guy as it is.....he probably tore into JG, or will at some point ...... if anything, it might make Butch less likely to put JG in a game for a while, maybe skipping down to the 3rd string guy in a mop up roll, one that JG would have gotten..

anyway, poor attitude should not be rewarded....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT