ADVERTISEMENT

Tournament Thread: NCAA Wrestling Championships, Session 2, Thur 7pm

What? We need to wrestle lights out to get 2, let alone 4. I'd love to see it and hope it happens but I've tempered my expectations, because it's a stretch. 4 would be great though.
I been in these shoes as a father. You know who I am. I don’t bullshit. I call like I see it. AP was in these same situations. I like what I see compared to what my son faced. Why don’t you just hope I am right rather then question my thought process. To be honest I think it is a real possibility. Again I am not a fortune teller. If we do what we ate supposed to do. I don’t think I am off. Like I said let’s see who shows up tomorrow.

I been in these shoes as a father. You know who I am. I don’t bullshit. I call like I see it. AP was in these same situations. I like what I see compared to what my son faced. Why don’t you just hope I am right rather then question my thought process. To be honest I think it is a real possibility. Again I am not a fortune teller. If we do what we ate supposed to do. I don’t think I am off. Like I said let’s see who shows up tomorrow.
Hey, I hope they all have AP runs to AA!

...but wrestled the World Juniors at 154 or 155? Doesn't make sense, but I am not him.
One time weight cut one time weigh in. He did it twice. That is what that happens at that level at those tournaments. Take me to long to explain. Know way he holds that weight for the season every week during the season. So stop why he did not go 157. He is doing fine at 165. Plus it open the door for JVB to be at 157

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I had a chance after watching wrestling all day to study the brackets. I think 4 very potential AAs. Looked at brackets going forward and wrestle backs. NS in semis an AA. Deluca has Sorensen first match. Sorry that is a loss and he is out. JVB has Jordon in quarters, guys that a loss. But his WB match’s are very winnable that’s all he needs to AA. In my mind Marsteller looses to Imar. So I believe Lewis wins his 2 WB matches and will have Marsteller in the BLOOD match. That’s a match we got to win. Gravina wins first WB match. Then sees Robertson. Not sure if they wrestled. The winner gets Dean don’t know much about him. The potential for 3 to 4 is a real possibility. Three would be a huge step from 2 the last couple of years. I can’t predict which kinda kid will shows up tomorrow. Hopefully it’s 4. Just my observation. Go RU!!!!
Hmmm... NS is def AA.. Agreed with Deluca, decent season, but he's out... even if he makes it pass Sorensen he has to face Deakin next... I'd Give JVB about 10% chance to beat Jordan... wonder who he has in WB if he loses.... cmon just one more win...
Marsteller is going to be a nail biter.... I predict it will come to OT.. if RL can gut this out I see a lot of emotions out of him after locking up AA status. Gravina has a decent path... should win first match.. then he gets Robertson, whom he beat before, then that will bring him to blood round.. Dean is Gabe Dean's younger brother btw... What about Scotty D's path?

I agree with u.. we can get multiple AA if the chips fall right..

Hmmm... NS is def AA.. Agreed with Deluca, decent season, but he's out... even if he makes it pass Sorensen he has to face Deakin next... I'd Give JVB about 10% chance to beat Jordan... wonder who he has in WB if he loses.... cmon just one more win...
Marsteller is going to be a nail biter.... I predict it will come to OT.. if RL can gut this out I see a lot of emotions out of him after locking up AA status. Gravina has a decent path... should win first match.. then he gets Robertson, whom he beat before, then that will bring him to blood round.. Dean is Gabe Dean's younger brother btw... What about Scotty D's path?

I agree with u.. we can get multiple AA if the chips fall right..

Delvecchio can work his way back to the blood round. He has the 13 seed next, and then the winner of 2 unseeded wrestlers due to the 12 seed being upset in the 1st round. He would then get the loser of the #2 and #7 (deSanto) to All American

One time weight cut one time weigh in. He did it twice. That is what that happens at that level at those tournaments. Take me to long to explain. Know way he holds that weight for the season every week during the season. So stop why he did not go 157. He is doing fine at 165. Plus it open the door for JVB to be at 157

Mr. P is right on several fronts. Cutting weight is not an easy task and nobody should be forced. I also think as a team Richie has a better chance at AA at 167 than JVB would have, though I thought there was a high probability of Richie being an AA at 157. In hindsight this lineup probably gave us the better shot at two AA’s but also a higher probability of neither being an AA. I just wish this decision was made in October.

My issue with Lewis is the self promotion. It’s fine when you deliver. Not so cool when you don’t. Let’s see how he responds.

Couldn't or wouldn't? It takes insane discipline, sacrifice and mental toughness to cut weight, especially a lot of weight, but look at Nato and others that cut a lot, so it can be done. Some can cut a lot and wrestle fine, whereas others can't. I just think he didn't want to. He was better at 157 and had a better chance to AA at 157. Hopefully, he finds a way at 165.
You hit the nail on the head and while doing the dance he threw his teammate under the bus ..how ironic would it be now if JVB makes AA and Richie doesn’t .

Sorry for being a pessimist (I am a RU football fan, that is my excuse)
I am thrilled by his performance in this tourney. I watched the first match against K. Monday and I thought it was unlikely he would win. That 4 point NF was HUGE! JVB has the chance of a lifetime here and needs to go FULL OUT to win his next match (I know, the guys go full out every match).

My expectations:
1 AA : OK Team performance, slightly underperform (unless 1 is a NCAA Champ)
2 AA: Expected Team performance, team performed good
2 AA and 2 Blood Round, Solid Team performance

Still very happy with the team and the outlook for next year.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
White really didn't show any aggressiveness the entire match. Richie never got a clean shot off, he looked like a different wrestler than his first round match.

We are constantly losing close matches, its frustrating. Richie winning at Big 10s vs Marinelli is the only match in recent memory where we won a match we were tied or losing in the 3rd period. Gravina loses close matches all the time.

You hit the nail on the head and while doing the dance he threw his teammate under the bus ..how ironic would it be now if JVB makes AA and Richie doesn’t .

And this is my issue. I have no problem with him not wanting to keep that weight. However, the decision needed to be made earlier. Truth is, we don't know all the details regardless of who we think we know or speak to. There are certain individuals who I know that are as good a source as you can find but I know they are human and tell me what they want me to hear, so I keep it to myself.

It's simple. You call yourself "Savage" and promote your name all over Twitter then you better deliver. Love the kids moxie but it isn't worth shit if you finish off the podium.

Now let's go out today and wrestle like a bad ass and get to that blood round.

I had a chance after watching wrestling all day to study the brackets. I think 4 very potential AAs. Looked at brackets going forward and wrestle backs. NS in semis an AA. Deluca has Sorensen first match. Sorry that is a loss and he is out. JVB has Jordon in quarters, guys that a loss. But his WB match’s are very winnable that’s all he needs to AA. In my mind Marsteller looses to Imar. So I believe Lewis wins his 2 WB matches and will have Marsteller in the BLOOD match. That’s a match we got to win. Gravina wins first WB match. Then sees Robertson. Not sure if they wrestled. The winner gets Dean don’t know much about him. The potential for 3 to 4 is a real possibility. Three would be a huge step from 2 the last couple of years. I can’t predict which kinda kid will shows up tomorrow. Hopefully it’s 4. Just my observation. Go RU!!!!

So JVB, despite winning 1st round, still needs 3 wins to AA?

"So stop why he did not go 157"?? Jeez..not complaining, just posing the thought. I understand wrestling very well, thank you very much....just maybe not his particular circumstances.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT