ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling TRI-MEET (Minny, Purdue, Rutgers) MATCH THREAD

Sparks rides out Donner to keep a 4-1 lead.

Sparks will start the third period on bottom. He quickly reverses Donner to make it 6-1

Sparks has a serious motor. He is back in on another takedown, going up 8-2, with a RT point coming

IMO it is all about who you recruit. We have missed out on some real hammers and they are kicking butt at other schools. We have also brought in one or two "hammers" that have not lived up to their rankings. Not sure is that because of coaching but I doubt it. One thing that is obvious, RU has missed big time on having 2 NC'c and one of the best home atmospheres in the country and building on that. We saw last year less attendance and I hate to admit it , if we keep losing dual meets to to the lower end B1G schools we will see less and less crowds out at our matches.
Princeton has passed us during this time also. I hate say it but if Princeton now offers a kid a place to wrestle for them and to get a PU degree after wrestling , who cares about crowd size.

We heard the excuses last year but it is getting a little louder.
You went from selling crowd size as an attribute to who cares about crowd size in one post.

Shocking, the usual suspects gave away 10 points in two matches.

Sparks cuts Donner, Donner gets hit for a second stall, then Sparks takes him down with 10 seconds left in the third period. That, with the RT point gives Sparks a 12-3 major decision.

Rutgers now trails Minnesota 13-10. Jackson Turley now out against Jake Allar

Please do not use my spelling as a correct example.
it's not your spelling.....there are numerous times i have seen both spellings , and pronunciations.....i guess i'll have to go to the gophers team page......i assumed all along it was stevenson......i will get back to ya with the results lol

That was a pin what the fvck. This is unbelievable how bad these refs are. It's shoulder touch, pin that's it.

I thought Turley had him stuck but the ref was on the completely wrong side

You went from selling crowd size as an attribute to who cares about crowd size in one post.
That's because we HAD great crowds 2 years ago , slipped a bit last year and no doubt will slip again next year.

Turley keeps Allar down to finish the first period. Very good period for Turley, as he leads 8-1.

Allar chooses defense to start the second

If Turley has a good gas tank, hes gunna be dangerous going forward

it's gable steveson........i heard stevenson being used many times.......case is now closed
turley was robbed of a fall................refs suck

Turley gets a cradle, securing four near fall points. He leads 12-1 with just over a minute remaining in the second period

I hate the touching the floor rule so much
The fact that the NCAA doesn’t have the mats extended is mindblowing. Why would you have a sport that can be pretty violent had a hard surface literally two feet from the circle

Reactions: MS-RU
Turley's a beast what the hell has Goodale been watching in practice? This kids ranked 16th and is destroying him.
This is a new Turley. He didn’t look anything like this last year or in exhibitions. Moments sure, but this has been a clinic

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Turley escapes getting a HUGE tech fall win over Allar.

Rutgers now leads 15-13 heading into 184-lbs.

Another big match here for John Poznanski, as he takes on Owen Webster

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT