ADVERTISEMENT

We're going to enjoy Gavin's career at RU...

Nobody said that.
Now who said he was going to be that good immediately?
Fess up.

I can post all the receipts if you would like. It’s not going to be flattering those who consider themselves “experts” though.
https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/gavin-griffiths.260867/page-2#post-6296060
I cant believe I wasted my time with you on this ....BUT:

"Yup - I wouldn't be surprised if he's our leading scorer and 1 and done. Shooting is really valuable, especially if you're 6'7" and athletic."

"I think he'll probably be the best freshman in the country. More likely than not, he'll lead us, at minimum, to a final four. Then he'll be a lottery pick. (Sounds facetious)."

"I think the main point is that it's at least a reasonable option (referring to a one and done)."

"It's simple facts: Big Ten Freshman Of The Year is at least in draft conversations. Especially if they have a primary skill (shooting) that is valuable at the NBA level.
Just making the Big Ten All Freshman Team puts someone in drsft conversations. "(Your own quote)

"He may be a one and done player. It wouldn't surprise me."

"Again I’m not saying he is 100% one and done just that it’s somewhat likely"

"The point is - IF Gavin is as good as many (including yourself it seems) predict him to be, then yes he could play himself into draft consideration after 1 year. "(Your quote)

"I don’t think anyone he is saying he is a likely one and done player, but there is a chance he is and it isn’t small percentage. ....the odds of being one and done will be up substantially,"

And that was only looking through half the thread. The mere mention of it is what I was referring to. I'm not sure why you got your panties in a bunch.

• Haha
Reactions: NickRU714
Not talking backing in--mid range j's and drives to the hoop--plenty strong for that. Low post-agree.

I cant believe I wasted my time with you on this ....BUT:

"Yup - I wouldn't be surprised if he's our leading scorer and 1 and done. Shooting is really valuable, especially if you're 6'7" and athletic."

"I think he'll probably be the best freshman in the country. More likely than not, he'll lead us, at minimum, to a final four. Then he'll be a lottery pick. (Sounds facetious)."

"I think the main point is that it's at least a reasonable option (referring to a one and done)."

"It's simple facts: Big Ten Freshman Of The Year is at least in draft conversations. Especially if they have a primary skill (shooting) that is valuable at the NBA level.
Just making the Big Ten All Freshman Team puts someone in drsft conversations. "(Your own quote)

"He may be a one and done player. It wouldn't surprise me."

"Again I’m not saying he is 100% one and done just that it’s somewhat likely"

"The point is - IF Gavin is as good as many (including yourself it seems) predict him to be, then yes he could play himself into draft consideration after 1 year. "(Your quote)

"I don’t think anyone he is saying he is a likely one and done player, but there is a chance he is and it isn’t small percentage. ....the odds of being one and done will be up substantially,"

And that was only looking through half the thread. The mere mention of it is what I was referring to. I'm not sure why you got your panties in a bunch.

Well, I mean my two quotes are still accurate.
They are just of the evolutions of the situation IF what people were saying to expect ended up true by the end of the season.

Good point though.
There was definitely some people seeming to make one and done predictions before he even played.

The main issue is that all these "expert" predictions of his production seem to be extremely wrong.
If they were accurate then all the "one and done" talk would be on the table.

Pike wasn't friends with his dad. They just knew of each other by playing in the same state at the same time

I hate when people say this bc it sort of discredits Pike's recruiting. Like he landed Gavin bc he was besties with his dad. It's just not true
Q: Did FHJ land the the great Maiscei Greer because he knew his Dad?
A: I think so

In this case it was pretty interesting
I think the original post was pretty much what most RU fans were thinking after the Boston University game. Gavin’s future at Rutgers seemed bright. He was a high 4-star recruit who scored 25 points in only his second game of the season. He went 9-15 from the field, 3-7 from 3, and 4-4 from the line. The future really seemed bright. I still think he ultimately will turn out to be a very good college player. That being said, I think the players Pike brought in through the transfer portal are far more likely to help next year’s team than Gavin.

I think the original post was pretty much what most RU fans were thinking after the Boston University game. Gavin’s future at Rutgers seemed bright. He was a high 4-star recruit who scored 25 points in only his second game of the season. He went 9-15 from the field, 3-7 from 3, and 4-4 from the line. The future really seemed bright. I still think he ultimately will turn out to be a very good college player. That being said, I think the players Pike brought in through the transfer portal are far more likely to help next year’s team than Gavin.
If we want to be all business-like, I agree
Next year is a peak year for RU
We should and will do better than we have, and we then have to bring in really good players to follow the up coming productive year

We lose Gavin, but bring in better now players, to make that happen this year

If Gavin is really good by his senior year, we have to live with that, but it is still acceptable to lose him due to our immediate need

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT