ADVERTISEMENT

What do these schools have in common:

UConn was underdogs only twice all season. Certainly no Cinderella among those who followed them closely from the beginning of the season. SDSU has some dudes on their team as well.

Reactions: PJVegas
i wonder why UConn would be more likely to lose to big East teams than others.. hmmm
It was more timing than anything else, if they'd played a good OOC opponent in that time frame, they would have lost. It was just the ebb and flow of the season. Kudos to Hurley and staff for getting through a rough patch.

Early top 25 next year has Duke,Uconn, Marquette, Creighton the top four. Big East is probably as strong or stronger then when football schools were there. Where are all the brainiacs who had the Big East dead and buried after ten-years with no football schools?

Where are all the brainiacs who had the Big East dead and buried after ten-years with no football schools?
Some of our posters aren't super fact sensitive. You could actually end up with 3 of the top 4 teams (I am skeptical that will happen, but still) and it won't matter.

Probably won't happen but just pointing out some of the ridiculous posts people make sometimes. The Big East is probably going to be loaded next year besides those teams we return 80 % of an ncaa team and involved with big time portal transfers. St John's will be much better with Pitino. Villanova supposedly in running for Dickerson.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Early top 25 next year has Duke,Uconn, Marquette, Creighton the top four. Big East is probably as strong or stronger then when football schools were there. Where are all the brainiacs who had the Big East dead and buried after ten-years with no football schools?
Seems like there is something to be gained by being a basketball school and having no football or football a clear #2. At least for now. Let's see in a few years if that's changed, we are in a very dynamic environment.

Lol so now it's a few more years ? Ok not enough proof already ten years not enough.

Lol so now it's a few more years ? Ok not enough proof already ten years not enough.
I never said that before. I'd say a few more years because of all the changes, portal, NIL, COVID year. NIL alone is dynamic enough that we have no idea what it will be like in 2-3 years.
Maybe it will prove to be an advantage not having P5 football. Maybe not.

Reactions: socaldave
No way

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT