ADVERTISEMENT

Who is our next wrestling Big recruit?

Passe24

Junior
Gold Member
May 9, 2011
Imo Suriano isnt coming here so other then him. Just curious of some names to look for and follow. Im sure they must be out of state guys. Hope im wrong about NS. But he doesnt have the ties that Ash had here. Maybe someone fron 174 up? That would b awesome. What does everyone think?

Here is my list of NJ kids, I am still holding out hope for Suriano.

1. Nick Suriano
2. Brett Donner
3. Matt Correnti
4. Kyle Bierdumpful
5. Craig DeLa Cruz (Senior still not committed)
6. Kenny Long
7. Kevin Mulligan

This post was edited on 1/15 6:08 PM by obrats

Originally posted by obrats:

1. Nick Suriano-agree with Passe, do not think RU has a realistic shot

2. Brett Donner-would go after him hard, Bakackus type kid Big10 strength

3. Matt Correnti-at 195 as a junior, if he is projected as a 197, yes would want him. If he gets big like his brother, he will be a tweener. His brother is at Rider(from Lock Haven), might follow him there.

4. Ty Agaisse-Princeton already has him

5. Kyle Bierdumpful-RU too crowded here, unless comes as walk on

6. Craig DeLa Cruz (Senior still not committed)-see above, looks like a 141lber in college

7. Kenny Long-good Beast, don't think he is a D-1 wrestler

8. Kevin Mulligan-would move him way up the list, looks like a 184lber or could be a 197lber

I like Muligan alot. Still time to grow. Could be big for us for years to come

DeLaCruz would be a great get for RU. He is very close with his HS coach. So close that Graig followed him from Bound Brook to Summit. That could be a good sign because his coach is an RU letterman. But I know Oklahoma coaches have come to visit him several times and he likes what he is hearing from them.

This post was edited on 1/17 8:38 PM by mikeinsec127

Most of our best recruits recently have come from public schools, Winston from Jackson, Ash & Del Vec from South Plainfield, Smith from High Point, Camp from Bound Brook (via OSU), it seems like the Private school kids shy away for whatever reason. The previous star from Bergen Catholic (Suriano's schoo) is a freshman now at Northwestern, and the best Heavy in NJ this year, Chakonis, is commited to Northwestern. Northwestern is one of the few, if any, private Colleges in the Big 10. I'm not liking RU's chances of landing Suriano.

Originally posted by Abro1975:
Most of our best recruits recently have come from public schools, Winston from Jackson, Ash & Del Vec from South Plainfield, Smith from High Point, Camp from Bound Brook (via OSU), it seems like the Private school kids shy away for whatever reason. The previous star from Bergen Catholic (Suriano's schoo) is a freshman now at Northwestern, and the best Heavy in NJ this year, Chakonis, is commited to Northwestern. Northwestern is one of the few, if any, private Colleges in the Big 10. I'm not liking RU's chances of landing Suriano.
We did recruit Peta Lipari from Bergen Catholic(Suriano's school) this year.

Originally posted by obrats:

1. Nick Suriano
2. Brett Donner
3. Matt Correnti
4. Kyle Bierdumpful
5. Craig DeLa Cruz (Senior still not committed)
6. Kenny Long
7. Kevin Mulligan

This post was edited on 1/15 6:08 PM by obrats
Donner, Correnti, and Mulligan would be solid additions next year (I believe, they are all ranked in intermat's top 100 junior class) for upper weights. I would pass on Bierdumpful and Delacruz because we are loaded in those weight classes and can use the scholarship money elsewhere. I feel we have a better shot at Suriano then you guys think.

Originally posted by IroniaHorse:
that shot would be a really really long shot...
Any source on this? Last I heard Donnie P is pretty close to Suriano and his family. I think the record home attendances may help sway his decision and how we do in march this year.

There was a thread on the Iowa board a few weeks ago where they were talking about how Suriano was seriously considering them and they had a very good shot at him.

It was just chatter and there hasn't been any mention of it since. Someone who knows a guy, who knows a guy type of thing.

IroniaHorse

Do you have good inside info? If so, where's he leaning? I thought we were in well with him but it's always tough to close the top recruit. We really need him.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT