ADVERTISEMENT

Womens Soccer B1G Opener - OSU

ScarletDave

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2010
#4 RU up 1-0 at the half, Ali put one away 5 mins in. We were on the attack those first 5 but after the goal seemed to have backed off and only attack on counters now. Too conservative IMO but Oniell is 8-0-0 and two Final Fours for a reason.

Side note, what is the construction going on in the grassy hill area opposite the stands? Construction vehicles there since the start of the year, dirt dug up on the two ends of the hill, and it looks like now two big concrete pillars have been put in on either end - almost like they’re moving the floodlights forward? (In front of the hill instead of behind - making way for rumored Lacrosse stands going over there with new lacrosse stadium turf going in that area in the back of the blue lot?) anyone with info?

• Wow
Reactions: Leonard23
When a team is so, so good, and wins games 5-0, 6-0, it’s so easy to pick out the bad plays, or look at the offense when you’re only up 1-0, even 2-0. But this team does soooo many good things, they are so fun to watch, some of the best offense when they want to attack of ANY Rutgers sport. So enjoyable, and consistent, talented! And fun.

Ohio state has NEVER beaten Rutgers in womens soccer. If the result holds, it’s 2 draws, 10 Rutgers win, 0 OSU wins. 8 wins since joining the B1G

We dominated could have easily has 3-4 more goals sideline ref opposite stands on Rutgers offensive side was terrible blew 3-4 offsides calls in the second half
Played a really good game, & yes, could easily have had a few more. In addition to the poor offsides calls costing us chances Becci rang a penalty kick off the post & Riley banged a shot off the cross bar. Had other good chances as well. Gia comes to mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loyal-Son
Played a really good game, & yes, could easily have had a few more. In addition to the poor offsides calls costing us chances Becci rang a penalty kick off the post & Riley banged a shot off the cross bar. Had other good chances as well. Gia comes to mind.
And I know I hate to beat a dead horse but Kassidy is still a liability she did not play good again today her decision making and passing are atrocious

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
And I know I hate to beat a dead horse but Kassidy is still a liability she did not play good again today her decision making and passing are atrocious
Didn't want to say it but yes she passed one right to an OSU girl. Got beat once also, but no harm done. Actually thought she played well outside of those errors.
Emma Maisal was back and played very well. Boy do we need her on that left side. Allie Lynch with another rock solid game. What a warrior. Really unsung. One of our top players.

Reactions: Loyal-Son and MS-RU
Didn't want to say it but yes she passed one right to an OSU girl. Got beat once also, but no harm done. Actually thought she played well outside of those errors.
Emma Maisal was back and played very well. Boy do we need her on that left side. Allie Lynch with another rock solid game. What a warrior. Really unsung. One of our top players.
Agreed Misal and Lynch played really well. I’m glad Emma is back she is so important back there. As for Banks, she just looks slow and cannot recover when she makes mistakes.

Except for the errant pass I thought Banks played a solid game.

Team played well all around. A few still dribble too much but as discussed above it is hard to complain about the way they are playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loyal-Son
Agreed Misal and Lynch played really well. I’m glad Emma is back she is so important back there. As for Banks, she just looks slow and cannot recover when she makes mistakes.
Kassidy got back to help defend a breakaway when Emily Mason tripped over the ball to help someone else's mistake. Isn't it a team game.

Except for the errant pass I thought Banks played a solid game.

Team played well all around. A few still dribble too much but as discussed above it is hard to complain about the way they are playing.
I agree - I don’t think this is a game to complain about Banks. She had that one giveaway in our half of the field, but it was not in the box and turned out to be harmless. Other than that, I thought she was pretty solid.

It was great to get Misal back today. She was so solid, and has a bit more speed than Kuryla on the wing.

I agree - I don’t think this is a game to complain about Banks. She had that one giveaway in our half of the field, but it was not in the box and turned out to be harmless. Other than that, I thought she was pretty solid.

It was great to get Misal back today. She was so solid, and has a bit more speed than Kuryla on the wing.
I think Kuryla is a better CB. Would like to see her at CB and Banks at LB when they are on together.

I think Kuryla is a better CB. Would like to see her at CB and Banks at LB when they are on together.
Would like to see Kuryla at CB with Emma at LB which they played I think last game or the game before but Emma is definitely stil not up to speed
Agree with the too much dribbling sometimes 2x once Riley and the other Gia missed wide open girls in basically a 2 on one
Also agree about Allison Lynch but we all know about Sam but also Sara Brocious wow great passing and game
Last thing is I think Riley is pressing too much right now because she just has not been able to put it in the net so that is causing her to go one on two or even three sometimes instead of making the one touch passes
Thursday night our biggest game of the year already as we face #8 PSU lets hope we bring it for 90 and take them down!!

Would like to see Kuryla at CB with Emma at LB which they played I think last game or the game before but Emma is definitely stil not up to speed
Agree with the too much dribbling sometimes 2x once Riley and the other Gia missed wide open girls in basically a 2 on one
Also agree about Allison Lynch but we all know about Sam but also Sara Brocious wow great passing and game
Last thing is I think Riley is pressing too much right now because she just has not been able to put it in the net so that is causing her to go one on two or even three sometimes instead of making the one touch passes
Thursday night our biggest game of the year already as we face #8 PSU lets hope we bring it for 90 and take them down!!
Agree about missing open girls on a couple of occasions. Also that Riley is pressing. Yesterday banged one off the crossbar & had a good shot deflected by a diving keeper which wasn't awarded a corner. Needs one to break the ice & get the monkey off her back.
Kaylie Daigle reverted to too much dribbling on a few occasions, once trying to beat a half a dozen girls to no avail &, of course, loosing the ball. She had been doing much better moving the ball this year. In fact, she played an excellent through ball to Sara for Sara's goal. Guess old habits die hard & rear their heads at times.
All that being said, this team plays tremendously well & in sync.

Agree about missing open girls on a couple of occasions. Also that Riley is pressing. Yesterday banged one off the crossbar & had a good shot deflected by a diving keeper which wasn't awarded a corner. Needs one to break the ice & get the monkey off her back.
Kaylie Daigle reverted to too much dribbling on a few occasions, once trying to beat a half a dozen girls to no avail &, of course, loosing the ball. She had been doing much better moving the ball this year. In fact, she played an excellent through ball to Sara for Sara's goal. Guess old habits die hard & rear their heads at times.
The second half was the most complete 30 minutes of soccer I have seen the team play all year. Organization and passing are leaps and bounds better than last year.
Finishing in close is a bit behind last year which is understandable with the graduation of Ali and Frankie.

The second half was the most complete 30 minutes of soccer I have seen the team play all year. Organization and passing are leaps and bounds better than last year.
Finishing in close is a bit behind last year which is understandable with the graduation of Ali and Frankie.
Yeah I don't like when he moves Sam back as she has become one of our better finishers but boy you can see an immediate drop off when she comes out of the game; he sat her for a few minutes in the second half and I was so glad he put her right back in

Yeah Dad forgot about how the linesman missed the fact that her Riley's shot was deflected and should have been a corner kick as I had said above that linesman was terrible and called 3 offsides in the second half that should not have been and would have probably led to at least one more goal if not called

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
Yeah Dad forgot about how the linesman missed the fact that her Riley's shot was deflected and should have been a corner kick as I had said above that linesman was terrible and called 3 offsides in the second half that should not have been and would have probably led to at least one more goal if not called
PS new scoreboard awesome just wondering why was not ready for the beginning of the season

Don't think I agree with you re: finishing. IMO Allie Lowrey is a better finisher than Amirah & probably Frankie. Just lights out. And we have other finishers as well. Have multiple girls who can find the back of the net from both distance & in close. As stated, just my opinion.

Don't think I agree with you re: finishing. IMO Allie Lowrey is a better finisher than Amirah & probably Frankie. Just lights out. And we have other finishers as well. Have multiple girls who can find the back of the net from both distance & in close. As stated, just my opinion.
Agree with you on finishing with Allie vs. Amirah but Amirah was much more of a threat one on one and always commanded a double team; she was more explosive but as you say Allie doesn't miss when she has a chance to finish and Amirah would miss her fair share

An unsurprising top 5 imo. Again, worth noting that xG (expected goals) will account for the missed PK. So while it maybe looks like RU should’ve had more goals, it’s nothing too concerning as long as Fluchel’s miss is a one-off. Also keeping Ohio State below 1 expected goal on 12 shots where one hit the post is pretty dang good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT