ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Soccer RU 0 Iowa 0 at the half

rudad02

All American
Nov 7, 2010
RU getting out played. Came out methodically, no pace, lacked sharpness as they have done in the last several games. Iowa was more aggressive, with some good chances. Wright was injured, not sure if Ali was or not, LaPlant's legs went at end of the half. We finished with several players on the pitch who have not played major minutes at all. Real patchwork unit. We'll see if they can ratchet it up in the 2nd half.

You're right; Iowa seemed ready to play, RU not so much.

Injuries are becoming a concern. I guess that's to be expected as the season grinds on. But, no Adora Moneme again, Whitley with limited minutes. And Kennie Wright did not look good at all! Had to be carried off the field.

The women winning the B1G is not looking good ... Iowa was winless at 0-3-1 and won ... what are the chances our winless men's team ever get a win?

Last edited:
Very poor performance. Came out more aggressively in the 2nd, but Iowa scorred on a very fine individual effort. Adora Moneme did not make the trip. Still team is out of sync. They have to come out of the gate faster & more aggressively IMO.

Very bad loss. 6 points left on the field last two games. Team seems to lack a "killer instinct" despite all its talent. Could be lack is senior leadership, a ton of youth, or combo of both? Didn't think losing Tierny would hurt this much, with Ciarocca stepping up, but maybe I was wrong?

Very bad loss. 6 points left on the field last two games. Team seems to lack a "killer instinct" despite all its talent. Could be lack is senior leadership, a ton of youth, or combo of both? Didn't think losing Tierny would hurt this much, with Ciarocca stepping up, but maybe I was wrong?
Kennie Wright went down in 1st half,& had to be carried off. Adora Moneme missed the game.Two big holes right there. Nicole Whitley played very little--banged up in Wisconsin game. Brittany LaPlant still playing on 2 bum wheels. Team on the pitch was really a patchwork. Additionally we scored first in the 2nd half off a set piece & big scramble in front. All of a sudden someone was ruled off side. Rarely see that. Never seen Mike O'Neil argue that intensely or for as long. Made a huge difference. Probably cost us the game as Iowa would have had to press & left them vulnerable to our attack. That being said we are out of sync. See comments above. Also we won the previous game against Whiskey.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
i was really tired but did eanyone else notice the last part of th e first half therevwere no starters in at all. Was this a wake up call to the lethargics.
Yeah they came back in the second but you let a weak team stay with you they can, and did, get enough confidence to win
Kenie carried off Ali did not return after exiting at the 21 minute mark

rudadsorry we were typing at the same time

Reactions: Loyal-Son
i was really tired but did eanyone else notice the last part of th e first half therevwere no starters in at all. Was this a wake up call to the lethargics.
Yeah they came back in the second but you let a weak team stay with you they can, and did, get enough confidence to win
Kenie carried off Ali did not return after exiting at the 21 minute mark

rudadsorry we were typing at the same time
No problem ho. Ali did play in the 2nd half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT