ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling another one for class of 2018

obrats

Senior
Mar 28, 2013
Billy Janzer from Delsea just committed. He took 3rd at 160 last year as a Soph losing in the Qtrs to Cochran 3-0. Billy also took 3rd at Fargo a few weeks ago.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
Cochran beat Janzer twice last year (6-3 in team states). Hope this doesn't mean we're out of it for Cochran.

The way Janzer's weight has jumped, he wrestled 126 as a freshman, 160 as a sophomore, and 170 over the summer, I think he and Cochran will be in different weight classes in college.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but... at approximately 9:30pm on 8/2, Coach Goodale tweeted about a phone call he just received that made him raise his hands up. When I read this, I was thinking that a third wrestler just verballed. I don't think he was reacting to the Billy Janzer verbal from the afternoon.

I don't see getting how getting one would directly affect the other. They are in different grades and 160 pound sophomore will likely keep growing. Middle weights are a need.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but... at approximately 9:30pm on 8/2, Coach Goodale tweeted about a phone call he just received that made him raise his hands up. When I read this, I was thinking that a third wrestler just verballed. I don't think he was reacting to the Billy Janzer verbal from the afternoon.

Saw this and thought the same thing as well.

Willie at Flo just released his new rankings and he has Shane Griffith up to 160 this upcoming season. Big jump but Willie is a guy that is pretty good with these things.

Willie at Flo just released his new rankings and he has Shane Griffith up to 160 this upcoming season. Big jump but Willie is a guy that is pretty good with these things.

Other observations from Flo's newest rankings:

-Malcolm Robinson now ranked #16 in the 126 pound weight class. Gotta love that Willie ranked him above Jaden Abas who beat Malcolm at Fargo 2 weeks ago in a controversial and poorly scored match.

-Mekhi Lewis is ranked 11th at 160. A jump 2 weight classes from last year at 145.

Other wrestlers mentioned on this board in previous threads:

Dom Demas #3 at 145
Stephan Glasgow #5 at 152
Zach Trampe #12 at 132
Kyle Cochran #8 at 160

Malcolm Robinson's 2 buddies:
Julian Ramirez, Soph from Blair Academy, #14 at 160
Theorius Robinson, Soph, CO State Champ, #17 at 120

Wow. I didn't realize Cochran was so highly rated. Wasn't his win at States last year a pretty big upset?

Also, it says in the NJ.com article that Janzer will wrestle at 182 in high school this year (as a junior). So I don't think it has any bearing on Cochran.

Last edited:
Wow. I didn't realize Cochran was so highly rated. Wasn't his win at States last year a pretty big upset?

Also, it says in the NJ.com article that Janzer will wrestle at 182 in high school this year (as a junior). So I don't think it has any bearing on Cochran.
Man:eek: this kid Janzer is growing like a weed 126 Fr., 160 Soph., 182 Jr.. This kids probably going to be a 197lber by college.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT