ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY 3/11: NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

send RU 72 down to Princeton to deliver the pallets of cash to Alleco pronto
Good shooter, elite at free throws, amazing leader. Feel like he checks all the boxes of what we need next year.

He's from Ohio though so no real connection to RU or the staff as far as I know.

Good shooter, elite at free throws, amazing leader. Feel like he checks all the boxes of what we need next year.

He's from Ohio though so no real connection to RU or the staff as far as I know.

That Allocco ended up in a college basketball uniform shouldn’t come as any surprise if you knew anything about his family, also one with deep New Jersey roots.

His father, Greg, grew up in Berkley Heights and starred at Governor Livingston, and played at Susquehanna University. His older siblings, sister Carly and brother Chris, both played in college. He’s related to the famous Frank Allocco, a New Providence legend, who played basketball and football at Notre Dame.

“I’m the youngest in my family,” Allocco said. “…I got a ton of family around New Jersey. We’re some big names historically. I kind of come from a basketball bloodline.”

Reactions: fatsam98
St Peter's might be jerseys only hope for representation in the tourney thus year. The hall might be out right now and probably will be if Oregon or NC St. Win.

Wisconsin has regained their earlier season form...tied at 62 with 1:13 left

VCU is ready to beat St Joes and advance to the A10 finals

Not sure I agree with taking the clock down to 7 and then settling for a 2...

But who am I to question Greg Gard

Overtime, Purdue seems kinda human just in time for the dance
well alot of schools suffered losses, not a bad thing to do before the tourney....but its looking like UConn and Houston are on another level than everyone else can beat each other from the other 1s down to 12 seeds

well alot of schools suffered losses, not a bad thing to do before the tourney....but its looking like UConn and Houston are on another level than everyone else can beat each other from the other 1s down to 12 seeds
Yeah I thought they were on that Houston/UConn level too a couple weeks ago but they seem to be a level below

Howard is dancing

Auburn outlasts Mississippi State and headed to SEC finals with a shot at a 3....MSU looking like a 9 or 10

I know people will disagree with me but I actually think this will be good for Purdue. They were coasting and needed a kick in the ass and a reminder of the last two season’s dissappointments.
Maybe, but I don't think there's any way they need a reminder of the last few years.

I think this will actually sow some seeds of doubt after dominating all season...

so impact games for today

Brown/Princeton.....Princeton already down by 13 to Brown at half and pretty much no chance for an at large from the Ivy

UMass Lowell/Vermont.....Lowell up by a few at half in the America East final. Vermont hoping to be a 13 seed

Mississippi State/Auburn.....looks like the Bulldogs locked in yesterday while the Tigers still have hopes for that last 3 spot

Wisconsin/Purdue.....can the Badgers get a 5? Straddling very close between 5/6

Nebraska/Illinois.....Nebby looking good on that 8/9 line. Illini an outside shot at a 3

UAB/South Florida.....Can the Bulls keep it going in this semifinal game or will one more bid open for the bubble

Texas A&M/Florida.....Aggies have 13 Q1/2 wins but 5 Q3 losses. I think they are in. Florida trying to push toward a 6 seed

Temple/Florida Atlantic.....Owls are not as safe as some think. A loss here which would be a low end Q3 loss would really raise questions about their resume which has 2 Q4 losses.

New Mexico/San Diego State.....Lobos moved in the field last night but its a tenuous position. Aztecs might actually push for a 4 seed with a win.

Saint Peters/Fairfield.....MAAC championship on the line and a probably 15th seed for the winner.

Kent State/Akron.....MAC championship where the favored Zips are straddling the 13/14 line

UTEP/Western Kentucky.....not the CUSA final that was expected that is for sure

North Carolina State/North Carolina.....can the Wolfpack be a bid stealer and whose will they take?

Oregon/Colorado.....Buffs look above the fray not so for the Ducks another bid stealer looming who need to win to get in

Long Beach State/UC Davis....going to root for the 49ers in the Big West final since their fired coach is still coaching them.

Texas Southern/Grambling State.....SWAC final where winner will be sent to the play in games

Texas Arlington/Grand Canyon.....Lopes looking like a possible 12 seed if they can win the WAC tourney final
St,Peters might be the only NJ school getting NCAA bid.

Illinois fans chanting "our corn's better"

Tell me you're in the B1G without telling me you're in the B1G

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT