ADVERTISEMENT

OT:LET'S GO METS

Yanks haven't been the same since juicers like Jeter, Mariano, A-Rod, Pettite, etc were forced to play the game straight.

7-3 and all alone in first place and a fun team to watch. Duda has been on fire to start the season. Hopefully Wright will be back May 1st. Let's GO Mets!

Damn, that must seem like so long ago.

Keep on calling up stud pitchers that drive in 4 runs a game. Oh baby! :cool2:

More important, he showed serious stuff: a 95+ fastball, tight curveball and nasty change-up. Yet another good young pitcher.

As Van Morrison said....."It's Too Late To Stop Now."
Let's Go Mets.
:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

You gotta believe? Maybe, just maybe, the bats have been awakened?
Matz ties a Mets record- 5 RBIs in first 2 games (he got 1 today) but went 0-3 to lower his batting average to .500. :cry:

But 8 Runs, 15 hits in 7 innings so far!!!!! Flores with 4 hits (and no miscues in the field) and Tejada and Murphy each with 3 hits.

Loved that Thor trade in 2012 - even more now. Was pining for a similar trade with HoJo after the 40/40 year that never came. :(

Is there an organization as badly mismanaged as the Mets?

Not even talking about the lack of involvement in attempting to secure hitting - but such non-existent accountability for injuries to its pitchers and continued mis diagnosis of injuries.

This year alone:

- Wright - Hammy out 2 weeks per medical staff...Reality - Spinal Spinosis...Likely Out for Year and maybe forever
- D'arnaud - elbow contusion per Medical Staff...can play next day if need be......Reality: Still in an elbow brace...lord knows when he returns
- Murphy - slight strain of quad...Reality - misses 22 games.
- Matz - has discomfort after his first game....and yet Mets let him pitch last weekend....Reality - Muscle Strain / Muscle Tear...My feeling is he'll be out rest of year......and whatta lift he gave the team and the idiots who run this club now have to shut him down for weeks
- Zach Wheeler - Mets let him pitch in spring training when he had arm / elbow issues......Hello Tommy John Surgery
- Rafael Montero - arm soreness per Medical Staff...Reality: hasn't pitched in months.

How does Management allow the above to occur and continue to maintain quacks within their medical staff and the bozo trainer - Ray Ramirez.....who should be working with the players to avoid injuries...

Also how does a team suffer so many severe injuries to its staff (Harvey last year; DeGrom several years ago; Matz 1-2 years ago) ...one has to wonder what type of programs the pitching / development staff is having these guys do and the Wilpons just sit there like the losers they are continuing to seek pity for the Madoff mess when they should be doing what is right for the team and for its fans - and sell the team to an owner who wants to win

If I was running this team - every doctor; trainer and pitching development staff would be gone immediately....No continued excuses for the above always and repetiviely occurring...

Is there an organization as badly mismanaged as the Mets?

Not even talking about the lack of involvement in attempting to secure hitting - but such non-existent accountability for injuries to its pitchers and continued mis diagnosis of injuries.

This year alone:

- Wright - Hammy out 2 weeks per medical staff...Reality - Spinal Spinosis...Likely Out for Year and maybe forever
- D'arnaud - elbow contusion per Medical Staff...can play next day if need be......Reality: Still in an elbow brace...lord knows when he returns
- Murphy - slight strain of quad...Reality - misses 22 games.
- Matz - has discomfort after his first game....and yet Mets let him pitch last weekend....Reality - Muscle Strain / Muscle Tear...My feeling is he'll be out rest of year......and whatta lift he gave the team and the idiots who run this club now have to shut him down for weeks
- Zach Wheeler - Mets let him pitch in spring training when he had arm / elbow issues......Hello Tommy John Surgery
- Rafael Montero - arm soreness per Medical Staff...Reality: hasn't pitched in months.

How does Management allow the above to occur and continue to maintain quacks within their medical staff and the bozo trainer - Ray Ramirez.....who should be working with the players to avoid injuries...

Also how does a team suffer so many severe injuries to its staff (Harvey last year; DeGrom several years ago; Matz 1-2 years ago) ...one has to wonder what type of programs the pitching / development staff is having these guys do and the Wilpons just sit there like the losers they are continuing to seek pity for the Madoff mess when they should be doing what is right for the team and for its fans - and sell the team to an owner who wants to win

If I was running this team - every doctor; trainer and pitching development staff would be gone immediately....No continued excuses for the above always and repetiviely occurring...

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Meanwhile the Bronx Bombers just got back their closer and their lead-off hitter.[cheers]

:
Here's the batting averages of the 9 guys starting today for the Metsies:

That's pathetic. And Mets fans think they're gonna win with a lineup like that ?
Even funnier is the idea that one more bat will solve the problem.

Harvey with the win and 2 run blast. 1 game behind Cubs for the Wild Card. You Gotta Believe!

:
And Mets fans think they're gonna win with a lineup like that ?
Well - it was good enough tonight! Amazing to only be three losses behind Washington and only one game behind the Cubs for a playoff spot at this point. The Mets have a very tough stretch coming out of the All Star break with three games at St Louis, three at the Nationals, and a four game series at home vs the Dodgers. That could break the season right there. Even a 5-5 stretch there would be good.

:
Here's the batting averages of the 9 guys starting today for the Metsies:

That's pathetic. And Mets fans think they're gonna win with a lineup like that ?
Even funnier is the idea that one more bat will solve the problem.

No most fans think they need help and they need some of the guys who aren't producting to do better.
Sucks to be missing Wright, d'Arnaud and have Cuddyer completely forget how to hit.

Stop trolling.

It's always fun to watch Mets fans when they have a little hope. They are so cute!

Classy post.
Ya know, I've been pretty much manifesting the same attitude towards the Metsies and their fans since they first arrived on the scene a long,long time ago. And in all that time not one of them has punched me in the face. You must be sooo special.

So that makes twice in this thread that you've talked about assaulting me. Classy.
Not a poor loser....just a loser.

Last edited:
I think Conforto looks about ready. I can definitely see him getting a September callup. EspecIally if he makes the moved to AAA and continues to hit like he has. Showed a nice arm gunning that guy down at the plate also.

Some good news in that David Wright will begin "baseball activities" today.

Imagine where this team would be if their starting 3B, starting C, #3 SP, RP Edgins (1.75 era last year) and two other relievers from their opening day bullpen (Jerry Blevins-done for yr and Buddy Carlyle-done for year) had been able to contribute. Also they've lost Matz and Montero for what will be a good amount of time. If Wright & D'Arnaud (clearly their two best bats) were healthy this year, I think they'd be in first place.

That was a huge win. To lose that game after finally breaking through late only to have the closer blow the save could have sent the team into a real tailspin going into the most important games of the season to date.

Probably the first time in history a team has ever gone 1 for 26 with runners in scoring position -- and won.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT