ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Final Four Predictions??

RUcrazee

Senior
Jan 23, 2020
First time filling out this year's bracket....I came out with ......
SCar, Baylor, Standford, and UConn.

I think UConn is going to get it together and win. Fudd is going to make a huge difference for them with her shooting prowess. Ducharme with her toughness and versatility. The rest will feed off of those two and be able to play more freely.
Would have chosen S. Carolina but they haven't shown that they can shoot it from three with consistency. They will need to do that to be able to win the Chip, IMO.

Did you see what S. Carolina just did today?
They beat Howard 79-21, and the "bench" played most of the game.

Yea....and they hit a lot of threes. Can they keep it up when the games are more pressure packed?? Hope so. As an RU fan, you know I don't want to see UConn back at the top. Anybody but them.

What a game ND-NC St.!!!

Experience won out today. ND was in the driver seat until crunch time. Nobody wanted to step up and win the game for them vs all five players for NC St were stepping up to the plate.

Citron looked like a freshman all game today. Like a deer in headlights. She'll be so much better for it next year. It was the kind of game that will pay dividends for ND in the next two years. I like their chances for a Final Four run next year (especially if Dodson is granted another year of eligibility).

Sad development for Dorka Juhasz. I actually felt bad for UConn.
I wish her a speedy recovery.

She's gettin exactly what she wanted! isn't she?! Diamond on the big stage vs Paige and crew. Fun to watch!

What a situation for Wes Moore! Having to juggle pplaying time for Perez, Crutchfield, and Johnson.

Wow!!! How would Perez have felt if they lost and she wasn't on the floor for down the stretch. Here she is in OT.

Couldn’t understand why after Diamond hit a couple of 3s in the 2nd half, Moore never let her off the bench in the 2 overtimes. Then he wastes his last timeout, calling it after NC State scores to get within 2. All he had to do was wait and Geno would (as he ultimately did) call the timeout to advance the ball. Would have give NC State an opportunity to call the timeoput once they got the ball back. Very poor endgame by NC State

I would think there was no chance at all she could have guarded Paige or Chrysten.
Not a good defender

Again UCONN game is in Connecticut. What a joke.
It will continue to happen to maintain the double digit record of consecutive final four appearances.Its beyond embarrassing that there are so few schools in womens college basketball that can actually compete for final four consideration.

Reactions: shields
It will continue to happen to maintain the double digit record of consecutive final four appearances.Its beyond embarrassing that there are so few schools in womens college basketball that can actually compete for final four consideration.
If you mean regionals in Connecticut, actually, it won't. NCAA is going to 2 sites for the Regionals and they are announced for the next 4 years. One site each year is in a West Coast State. The more eastern sites are Greenville, Albany, Birmingham and Fort Worth. So next year is close to South Carolina and in 2024 Albany is generally agreeable to the UConners, the others not so much.

As to your other point, absolutely. Particularly multiple trips in a reasonable span of time, never mind what UConn has done.

Anybody out there interested in talking basketball??

Who ya got??!

It's the battle of the perimeter players(UConn) vs the post players(SC), IMO. The game still comes down to how well SC can knock down shots from the perimeter and how well they can stay with UConn's guards, all of whom can stroke the three well.

Tough one to pick for me. Hope Dawn and S. Car can pull out a win..

SC can't let up at all. They have to play to this intensity for the entire game. You know UConn is gonna have a run at some point. Geno sounds a little off after that 1st q

Very Happy for Dawn & SC. They were the best team all year and it showed.

Henderson with a monster game and IMO should have been FF MOP. She was the straw that stirred the drink even though Boston is a beast. I can see them repeating next year.

Henderson specifically mentioned Law's impact on her game and preparation. She's a great point guard coach, RU really misses her in that regard.
So true. We haven't been the same since. Recruiting-wise especially.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT