ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Pre Season Tourney?

BigEastPhil

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
If so, won’t be NIT or Legends - 2 terrific tourneys locally - as Rothstein has reported:

NIT - Cincy, Arizona, Texas Tech and St Johns

Legends - UConn, USC, Notre Dame and Vandy

Really hope we play in a good 2020 pre season tourney especially given the expectations for next year let alone this year

I’m just so optimistic about Rutgers at this point, I just think we do so much better then last year because of Young, Duke and Mulcahy and the depth. A few breaks here and there and a few upsets and we DANCE!
If we miss, Rothstein was wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scangg
I don’t care about preseason tournaments. It has been FAR too long since we were in post season tournaments. In a state and area with so much basketball talent, we shouldn’t miss an NCAA or NIT more than once in a decade, not go years and years hoping for next year or maybe in three or four years.

Sadly most of the big 2020 preseason tournaments are already booked. Steve still seems disinclined to get involved.
I asked Pike about this at a Court Club Meeting and he told me that the Big 10 has to approve all pre season tourneys for all schools. Regardless, no excuse next year not to play in a legitimate pre season tournament with other big time equivalent schools. I would think it would also be a terrific recruiting bargaining chip as well pertaining to likely exposure on ESPN and potential games against so and so school (s).

I asked Pike about this at a Court Club Meeting and he told me that the Big 10 has to approve all pre season tourneys for all schools. Regardless, no excuse next year not to play in a legitimate pre season tournament with other big time equivalent schools. I would think it would also be a terrific recruiting bargaining chip as well pertaining to likely exposure on ESPN and potential games against so and so school (s).

I can't imagine the Big Ten has ever stepped in and stopped anybody from playing in one.

Let’s face it, rightly or wrongly Pike does not want to play a tough non conference schedule. I am not saying it’s good or bad, it’s just a fact.

Why do they call them preseason tournaments when they clearly occur during the regular season?
I can't imagine the Big Ten has ever stepped in and stopped anybody from playing in one.
The B1G might say no if the Paradise Jam, Islands of the Bahamas Showcase or The Gulf Coast Showcase.

Rutgers is part of a non-bracketed MTE called the Garden State Hardwood Classic

Reactions: mikeylew1992
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT