ADVERTISEMENT

5 - count ‘em- 5 votes in AP poll

dmd78

Hall of Famer
Jul 25, 2001
Ramsey, NJ
We’ll get there, just keep winning. Besides coming off a terrible season, I think we’re hurt by no top-25 wins.
(FYI South Carolina is #5. )

Reactions: gigantor1024
yeah even though RU is winning and winning big, some of these games are not to marquee teams. I guess the best win is NC St. The loss to WSU hurt because it wiped out all that talk out of the tourney of RU playing So Carolina so close...plus I think RU would have played a very good USF that with a win would have gained notice

BAC I believe WSU was the last game of the tournament no matter what--it was the final of the consolation bracket.

You're right about a lack of big name wins in the OOC schedule, but the team quietly played a very solid set of teams that I think was some smart scheduling by the staff. Using real time RPI data:

The team played only one team outside the top 200: #212 FDU

11/14 games against RPI top 150 teams.
9/14 games against RPI top 100 teams.

4 games against top 50 RPI teams.

As dmd said, they'll have opportunities in B10 schedule to score some signature wins.

Patience is a virtue right? I have said it before and I'll say it again, keep the team hungry. The only real number is the one at the end of the season.

We’ll get there, just keep winning. Besides coming off a terrible season, I think we’re hurt by no top-25 wins.
(FYI South Carolina is #5. )
Well, that's four more votes compared to last week. As you said, "just keep winning." I think our women will keep winning and will keep surprising many so-called experts out there and we will have several top 25 teams to beat in the B1G.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT