ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: 3/11 NCAA Tournament Analysis***Rutgers 95% in***

RU beat 3 schools on the cut line during this stretch and finished Michigan State off in that stretch. Would it have been better to lose at wisky and penn state and beat Michigan and Nebraska at home?

the only true bad loss was at Minnesota. Nebraska and Michigan yeah not so good to lose at home. but yikes Michigan beat some good teams this year. Are they worse than losing to UNLV 2x.
Ironically, if we just beat Michigan at home instead of in the tourney, we’d probably be in. Would’ve been 19-13 and 11-9.

Ironically, if we just beat Michigan at home instead of in the tourney, we’d probably be in. Would’ve been 19-13 and 11-9.
I don't know since we were still the 70th team and not the 69th. I think we needed Mich, NW and Minny to have gotten in.

The field will definitely expand once a team from the bottom of the bracket wins it all. Villanova (8 seed) is still the weakest seed to win (‘85). UConn won as a 7 in 2014.

Committee & Politi are wrong
Rutgers reversed the slide with a defensive masterpiece against Michigan in the tournament & nearly knocking off a team in Purdue that many are picking to win the tournament. & this is without Mag..

True - Rutgers slide put them on the Bubble, but they still got screwed. They are clearly better, & have better resumes than these teams. The criteria of last 10 games (which I thought wasn't even a factor) was also inconsistent. As all those teams had slides & very bad losses to close out the season.
they obviously did not watch these league tournament games - so the whole "work to do in the league tournament" is BS
THE Committee is to blame, not Rutgers!

The way brackets were revealed was perhaps the most painful of all. When all of the first four teams were selected, and it was down to just the East, we were all thinking - Ideal situation. Games in Greensboro for a ticket to the Garden.
When Providence as the 11 came in it was a gut punch, but a 10 was still open. When Michigan St showed up as the 7, it was over..

We know that it is a fine line between being in the dance and not. That said, there are other good teams in the NIT with us. At this point, let’s go and win 5 more games and watch the one and done’s in the dance. That would be the ultimate vindication. I am excited to be able to watch our guys tonight and hopefully in Vegas. Go RU.

Reactions: RUforester72
I don’t understand how 218/229 brackets (who emulate what the committee does and is supposed to) have us in while pitt isn’t even in half brackets and Nevada is in a quarter of them. It wasn’t even close so clearly the committee screwed up or changed their criteria. There needs to be a legit explanation.

I don’t understand how 218/229 brackets (who emulate what the committee does and is supposed to) have us in while pitt isn’t even in half brackets and Nevada is in a quarter of them. It wasn’t even close so clearly the committee screwed up or changed their criteria. There needs to be a legit explanation.
There is no legit explanation. If UNC had our resume, the holes would a 10-seed.

Reactions: JavaDunk18
Wisconsin, Utah Valley, UAB, and North Texas. All the snubbed #1's are gone.
youre-goddamn-right-breaking-bad.gif

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Wisconsin in Ideal situation. Even though they were somewhat “just out@ of the selections, they did not expect to be picked. There was no letdown factor. I figured them to go very far in this tournament.

Realisitcally, we were probably the only team in the NIT field that was sitting there expecting to hear our names called on Selection Sunday. It’s really hard to rebound from that disappointment and get pumped for an NIT run. The loss to Hofstra is meaningless in my view.

Wisconsin in Ideal situation. Even though they were somewhat “just out@ of the selections, they did not expect to be picked. There was no letdown factor. I figured them to go very far in this tournament.

their style is different in that they can make a game ugly and could have pulled off an upset of a 6 or 7 seed if they got in OR they could have lost 70-38 to that seed.

Kudos to them for keeping their mental wits and reaching this final 4....great experience for a program that has only missed the ncaa two times in 25 years.

Utah Valley State was leading their conference all year long. CUSA with two teams in the final 4 and they have FAU in the Sweet 16. Maybe North Texas as a program needs to be more respected than the 4th teams coming out of the Mountain West. North Texas needs to start upgrading their sos.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
their style is different in that they can make a game ugly and could have pulled off an upset of a 6 or 7 seed if they got in OR they could have lost 70-38 to that seed.

Kudos to them for keeping their mental wits and reaching this final 4....great experience for a program that has only missed the ncaa two times in 25 years.

Utah Valley State was leading their conference all year long. CUSA with two teams in the final 4 and they have FAU in the Sweet 16. Maybe North Texas as a program needs to be more respected than the 4th teams coming out of the Mountain West. North Texas needs to start upgrading their sos.

I’d much rather get snubbed by a 6-7 loss team like North Texas than a 4th place MWC team with a double digit loss count. Charlotte (9-11 in CUSA) beat Boise by double digits.

I’d much rather get snubbed by a 6-7 loss team like North Texas than a 4th place MWC team with a double digit loss count. Charlotte (9-11 in CUSA) beat Boise by double digits.
Who do you think won the CBI?

Get Bill Walton on the phone. We could have a NEW "Conference of Champions"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT