ADVERTISEMENT

A little disappointed that we haven’t heard of any BC decommits/flips

That 4 star LB should be of interest. The other 2 are 4 star OL from Mass., and one is a BC football legacy. Doubtful to say the least.

Maybe waiting to see who the hire is

Luke Fickell and Hafley are the two I keep hearing, and I think they play Fickell in the bowl game

Last edited:
Wonder if St. Joseph’s HS (Montvale NJ) coach Augie Hoffmann (Park Ridge NJ native) ends up on the new BC staff? If the new BC coach is Hafley (Montvale NJ native), they probably know each other as contemporaries growing up in bordering towns.

Wonder if St. Joseph’s HS (Montvale NJ) coach Augie Hoffmann (Park Ridge NJ native) ends up on the new BC staff? If the new BC coach is Hafley (Montvale NJ native), they probably know each other as contemporaries growing up in bordering towns.
It just doesn’t matter. BC will get BC kids that didn’t make it to ND. They will get a player or two that would have preferred to either go to RU or PSU but didn’t get an offer and maybe 1 every couple of years that didn’t fit into catagory 1 who we really wanted. Doesn’t really matter who the coach is...

I would have thought that GS would have taken advantage of the Addazio firing to pilfer one of the 4 local kids.
You’ll hear soon enough... Are we sure Schiano wants Any of those New Jersey BC players ?

I thought that he’s coming to RU as TE or OL coach.

Reactions: Mr_Twister
It just doesn’t matter. BC will get BC kids that didn’t make it to ND. They will get a player or two that would have preferred to either go to RU or PSU but didn’t get an offer and maybe 1 every couple of years that didn’t fit into catagory 1 who we really wanted. Doesn’t really matter who the coach is...
This. They aren’t going to BC because of the coach.

I thought that he’s coming to RU as TE or OL coach.
I like the idea. If Hoffmann is going to make the jump to college ball, now would be a great time. He is not a far-fetched candidate (NJ native, local connections, played Eastern college football, NFL lineman, high profile high school coach).

Would be sick to have Brown handing off to Berger and Pacheco, throwing to Shorter, Melton, Alaimo, Long, Longerbeam, Hilliman, Lewis and backed up by Alaimo, Sit, and Langan... in Gleeson's offense.
Brown officially graduated today. So not only grad transfer, but can participate in spring practice. I believe Hilliman was same deal.

Reactions: AntiG
Would be sick to have Brown handing off to Berger and Pacheco, throwing to Shorter, Melton, Alaimo, Long, Longerbeam, Hilliman, Lewis and backed up by Alaimo, Sit, and Langan... in Gleeson's offense.

That's great only if you have five big guys up front that can block.

Reactions: AntiG
Meanwhile, around 20 Yukon players already in the portal.

I don't have a crystal ball or even an old 8 ball to surmise UCONN's future. UCONN was screwed by the ACC when it left it, as well as Rutgers out in the cold.

Never could understand why the ACC did not wrap up the whole Eastcoast by adding UCONN, Rutgers to the fold when they could. Now they wait to be blessed by the golden domers. Good luck with that.

I sat in my living room then at 3AM asking God...how could the Big Ten NOT add Rutgers; a flagship state school. aligned with similar land grant schools for a common academic, athletic and research goal.

Thank God we were blessed.

Reactions: scripts
Out of curiosity which current BC players preferred to go to Rutgers but didn't get an offer?

Reactions: bmanning2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT