ADVERTISEMENT

Beat Nebraska and Everyone will be BACK on the bandwagon

rutgersal

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
One good thing about the schedule we have, is that its easy to get quick redemption. Its horrible that we lost to Eastern Michigan. But maybe this gives us the juice to beat Nebraska, who lost to Oregon last week. They have the second worst pass defense, so there is a big opportunity for us here.

Iowa rebounded last year from losing to North Dakota State to go bowling. There's really no reason why we can't do the same.

We will be at least 17 point underdogs at Nebraska, and most likely around 21. So, yes, that would be big enough that everyone would get back on board but will only stay on board if we beat Illinois or Purdue.
Very few staying on board for 2-10. Gotta show progress.

Beating Nebraska would be great for the program: I ain't holding my breath, though.
i'm focused on Morgan State, ...
Who do you think you are, TSopranoRU?

focus_zpsuckbvhtv.jpg

Maybe if we crash their OC on the sideline in the 1st quarter, putting him into concussion protocol, we have a chance

We will be at least 17 point underdogs at Nebraska, and most likely around 21. So, yes, that would be big enough that everyone would get back on board but will only stay on board if we beat Illinois or Purdue.
Very few staying on board for 2-10. Gotta show progress.

doesn't matter because Nebraska is vulnerable. they won 43-36 against Arkansas State and fell 42-35 to Oregon. Could be our best chance of a win against a winning program. will worry about illinois or purdue later.

Beating Nebraska would be great for the program: I ain't holding my breath, though.

Who do you think you are, TSopranoRU?

i was actually thinking about him, and thought about posting that we should be focused on eastern michigan last week. Oh well.

i was actually thinking about him, and thought about posting that we should be focused on eastern michigan last week. Oh well.
We should be focused on having Revolutionary War reenactment soldiers stationed around Jerry Kill with sharpened bayonets!

Reactions: rutgersal
Everyone will be back on the bandwagon if we beat Ohio State too

yes but nebraska is the first opportunity. beat them and HPSS will be rocking for Ohio State. Could be a bigger game than Louisville 2006.

Love Al's enthusiasm. But it would be best to lie low until after the Morgan State game with any delusions of grand victories over B1G foes.
That said:

Nebraska
1,063, yards allowed by Nebraska in the first two games, vs. Arkansas State and at Oregon. The Cornhuskers also have yielded 78 points and 780 passing yards playing a new 3-4 scheme installed by coordinator Bob Diaco.

We are going to roll them!!!!

we're not beating anyone by scoring 13.5 pts.
Coaches need to get over playing "their guys" and give Gio some reps and Martin more of them. Stop with the drive killing gimmicks and 2 yard sideways passes.

Reactions: MV9000
The problem is, as porous as Nebraska's defense has been, their offense is equally potent.

45-24, Nebraska.

You will have to expand the bandwagon if they go 2-10, but with wins over Michigan and PSU.

[Edit]: Make that 3-9. If I can't pencil in a W this week, this team isn't worth paying any attention to.

Last edited:
Reactions: rutgersal
Hell, why stop at Nebraska???? OSU looked pretty damn vulnerable last weekend.
Am I in the minority here as not looking past Morgan State? Thank God we didn't schedule Howard.

Reactions: RU31trap
Any team can be beaten any given week. That said, with our schedule, 10-11 times this year, that team is us.

One good thing about the schedule we have, is that its easy to get quick redemption. Its horrible that we lost to Eastern Michigan. But maybe this gives us the juice to beat Nebraska, who lost to Oregon last week. They have the second worst pass defense, so there is a big opportunity for us here.

Iowa rebounded last year from losing to North Dakota State to go bowling. There's really no reason why we can't do the same.
. Time to see Dr. Phil Al.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
tell me how we will outscore them. its about scoring points ya know and our offense could not score or move the ball much on a directional MAC school. Passing is our weakness, it matters little that a solid team like Oregon shredded them

Reactions: IL Lusciato
tell me how we will outscore them. its about scoring points ya know and our offense could not score or move the ball much on a directional MAC school. Passing is our weakness, it matters little that a solid team like Oregon shredded them

Arkansas State shredded them too. Nebraska isn't Nebraska of old. we've got a chance.

we're not beating anyone by scoring 13.5 pts.
Coaches need to get over playing "their guys" and give Gio some reps and Martin more of them. Stop with the drive killing gimmicks and 2 yard sideways passes.
This.
Where is Hicks ?
Get Harris involved ( more than just one dink pass across the middle with a defender crossing right in front of him).

Oh is that all?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT