ADVERTISEMENT

BigTen vs SEC TV Viewership

That doesn't quite tell the entire story. The SEC has more viewers; but the Big Ten's viewers are worth more on average to advertisers. A homeowner in NJ or Maryland will generally have more disposable income than a homeowner in Arkansas or Georgia.
Where are you getting the information that the SEC has more viewers. I've read that in 2024 that the B!G will have 52% of the CF TV markets. The rest of CF has the remaining 48%.

The B1G is in 2.5 million plus markets NYC, Philly, D.C. Baltimore, Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinatti, Columbus, Indianapolis, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, Milwaukee and on and on. I know I've probably missed a few. The SEC is nowhere close to the TV viewership

Last edited:
Where are you getting the information that the SEC has more viewers. I've read that in 2024 that the B!G will have 52% of the CF TV markets. The rest of CF has the remaining 48%.

The B1G is in 2.5 million plus markets NYC, Philly, D.C. Baltimore, Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinatti, Columbus, Indianapolis, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, Milwaukee and on and on. I know I've probably missed a few. The SEC is nowhere close to the TV viewership

As of the most recent season, the SEC has the most viewers. And they definitely have the most viewers per school. "Markets" are not the same as actual viewers.

I am not speculating on what the 2024 numbers will be.

Last edited:
Not sure who Jen is

I know Danielle - great girl, well connected and knows her stuff

But she’s a blantant FSU Homer - doesn’t hide it either

Sorting through her dialogue & others in the know, along w my buddy’s info is how I’ve deduced what I believe will happen

On this board, 95 and a few others also are super knowledgeable - I find expansion fascinating on so many levels and it’s always cool to see people chime in with their thoughts
Do you listen to any CFB podcast? And if so which ones?

As of the most recent season, the SEC has the most viewers. And they definitely have the most viewers per school. "Markets" are not the same as actual viewers.

I am not speculating on what the 2024 numbers will be.
In the past years, I would agree with you but the B1G is leaving everybody else in the rear view mirror in the next few years when it comes to money-payout per team. Basically, the SEC is regional and the B1G is now turning into a national conference and everybody recognizes it expect for SEC homers.

In the past years, I would agree with you but the B1G is leaving everybody else in the rear view mirror in the next few years when it comes to money-payout per team. Basically, the SEC is regional and the B1G is now turning into a national conference and everybody recognizes it expect for SEC homers.
The B1G doesn't have one program south of Maryland. That includes all of the South and Southwest. You are not a national conference if you don't have one single program in the very heart of college football, including Florida and Texas. The SEC is definitely a regional conference, but the B1G is not a national conference yet.

Reactions: miket007
The B1G doesn't have one program south of Maryland. That includes all of the South and Southwest. You are not a national conference if you don't have one single program in the very heart of college football, including Florida and Texas. The SEC is definitely a regional conference, but the B1G is not a national conference yet.

Both USC and UCLA are South of Maryland.

The Big Ten is easily the MOST national conference. Or at least, the national conference with teams that fans actually care about.

Both USC and UCLA are South of Maryland.

The Big Ten is easily the MOST national conference. Or at least, the national conference with teams that fans actually care about.
Does the B1G have one program in the South or Southwest? You are either a national conference or you are not, just like you are either pregnant or you are not. Does the B1G reach further east to west than the SEC, no arguing with that point. Does the B1G have the potential to become a national conference, no arguing that point either, but there is still work to be done.

Does the B1G have one program in the South or Southwest? You are either a national conference or you are not, just like you are either pregnant or you are not. Does the B1G reach further east to west than the SEC, no arguing with that point. Does the B1G have the potential to become a national conference, no arguing that point either, but there is still work to be done.
The work will be nearly completed in the next 1-2 years with the addition of a few prominent southern schools

A complete setup would include Notre Dame and a large school in Texas

• Wow
Reactions: mosito
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT